Closed Thread
Page 64 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Good to hear you got there in time, even if only just :-)

Will you get ur pelvic exam and sa results at the same time when u book for gp?
    Should do. We might not even be able to get into GP this week, so when we do manage to get there, everything should be back. On US it looked like my ovaries were polycystic, but I don't have any other symptoms of PCOS so who knows. There's no point me speculating til we get back to the GP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoblue View Post
    Hi everyone!

Quick update from me. On Thursday we were all set to deliver, and I mean paperwork all signed and both of us dressed for delivery when the doc came in and said he had some bad news. There were no NICU beds available in Melbourne!!! Apparently the night before seven babies had been delivered that all needed special care! If we did deliver and one or both babies needed special care, they may have needed to be transferred interstate. So we were sent home and told to wait!!

How bizarre!! I was in a state of shock and relief (I still didn't feel ready)

Friday we had an ultrasound, there wasn't much of a change in the babies. Babies were still measuring small and blood flow was still compromised in baby b.

Also two beds were still unavailable.

Saturday morning we went to hospital for a CTG scan. Apparently two beds had become available but a set of twins had just been born!! I was devastated! We had the scan and my obstetrician wasn't happy with the result, baby b was struggling. So he decided to admit me until beds became available. As he was saying this he got a call, beds had just become available!!! This was at 1.40pm. So by 2.30pm we were all set to deliver!!

It was such a scary experience! I was so nervous and squeezing DH's hand like crazy! He was so good, he kept talking and telling me jokes. The second I heard my baby cry, i felt such immense relief. Both babies came out beautifully and it was love at first sight. I still get tears thinking about it.

Imogen was born first weighing 2.1kg. She is so beautiful. She looks so much like her daddy and has the most peaceful temperament.

Xavier was next at 1.8kg. He is the feisty one. But what a fighter! He is so alert and a bit of a hungry hippo! He looks more like me

Both are doing so well. They are in special care but only because they can't suck feed for every feed.

Here is a photo of my little angels I'm so happy they are here. It was all worth it and I wouldn't change anything

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Eeeeeep! Little Imogen and Xavier are just gorgeous. Congrats mama
    How are you feeling?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    Should do. We might not even be able to get into GP this week, so when we do manage to get there, everything should be back. On US it looked like my ovaries were polycystic, but I don't have any other symptoms of PCOS so who knows. There's no point me speculating til we get back to the GP.
    How did you know that? Did she say something at the time?
    I tried my hardest to glean some info from my scan lol but she was v right lipped!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH wanted me to test early because he's going away....we got our BFP!!! So unexpected not sure how to post pic but it is a reasonably dark line

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Katvee For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (06-07-2014),M'LadyEm  (06-07-2014),SquishyO  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay @Katvee! How exciting!

Afm, the bleeding is slightly more this morning, but digi says 2-3 weeks, where last week it said 1-2 weeks, so despite the bleeding, Bubs is definitely progressing I think this must just be a form of breakthrough bleeding. Been going for 9 days now...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    Sometimes that just means your cycle will always just be a bit unpredictable , as I was told after my first pelvic us.
    Congrats @Katvee x

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    How did you know that? Did she say something at the time?
    I tried my hardest to glean some info from my scan lol but she was v right lipped!!
    Just by the images. Most of it looked fairly boring, but my right ovary (I think) looked very much like one. You know those toy cameras with the round discs you click through to see different images? Well that's what my ovary looked like. The other one looked fairly normal. I'm not 100% sure, just guessing really. I just won't be surprised if that's the case. I liked having the TV up in the corner so I could watch what she was doing. Next time hopefully there's a baby on the screen (or a sac with a hb at least!)

ETA: congrats @Katvee! How exciting it must be for you. Bet hubby is glad he asked you to POAS! 😊
    Last edited by M'LadyEm; 06-07-2014 at 09:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FiBub76 View Post
    Sometimes that just means your cycle will always just be a bit unpredictable , as I was told after my first pelvic us.
    Interesting to know! My cycles have always been a little out of whack, but usually only by no more than 2 -3 days. I've put on some weight, about 15kg in 10+ years and I have a few extra hairs on my chin but not loads. A girl I went to school with was always tiny (size 6-8), she blew out to about a size 20 after her first baby and that's when she was diagnosed. It sucks though, because she put all that weight on within a year or 2 and has been trying to lose it for the last 5-6 years since her son was born and it's a battle. Weight like that is a total b!tch to move because it's not like weight that's simply there because of too much cake if you know what I mean.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Biggest congrats katvee your dh will be taking the credit for that one I'm sure lol. I'll update you on the roll call, let me know you EDD :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Biggest congrats katvee your dh will be taking the credit for that one I'm sure lol. I'll update you on the roll call, let me know you EDD :-)
    Em, we had no viewing screen, and she had the monitor turned away from me most the time unfortunately.
    My cycles are quite irregular, but that doesn't matter cos we are ivf now the drugs will make me a perfect28.