Closed Thread
Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jussi View Post
    Sorry I wasn't confused whether it was positive - more so whether all was ok...
    Have you booked in to see your GP Jussi?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    I also wish there were easy ways to know why things weren't working. Like a quick pee in a cup that could tell you everything!
    Sending you hugs and hoping you get some answers soon! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LouLaa View Post
    Have you booked in to see your GP Jussi?
    Waiting in the docs now...

Thanks
    Reviews
    update after seeing the doc:

so he checked my cervix: it was closed - this is an inconclusive result but at least it wasn't open

I had a blood test to check for hcg - will do a repeat next monday.

So... a week of being very cautious and looking after myself while I await the comparison results...

have had no further bleeding since this morning, so hopefully a good sign...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jussi For This Useful Post:

LouLaa  (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    We go sat mornings because it's the only time we have free that they're open. It's better to do the sample while you're at the clinic. Otherwise you have to make sure you hand them the jar no more than 45 mins after ejaculating. Which is hard for us because it's a 30 min drive to the right pathology lol. Dh just prefers to do it there.

Dh and I both had our pelvic u/s last week. Could have been worse :-)
    Lucky for us we're less than 10min from the main laboratory they want it delivered to. I don't know what DH would say if I told him to do it there haha. Apparently he has to ring ahead to let them know a sample is coming. Talk about awkward haha. We've formulated a plan, we'll wake up sat morning, have a shower, get dressed, I'll help him with his sample, leave him to get cleaned up while I go for a drive. I might have to steal DHs jacket that has an internal pocket though to keep it warm haha. I'm so impressed, he read the instructions! Woohoo. So we're on track for Saturday, hurrah!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

LouLaa  (01-07-2014),Shrillian  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

Quick update from me. On Thursday we were all set to deliver, and I mean paperwork all signed and both of us dressed for delivery when the doc came in and said he had some bad news. There were no NICU beds available in Melbourne!!! Apparently the night before seven babies had been delivered that all needed special care! If we did deliver and one or both babies needed special care, they may have needed to be transferred interstate. So we were sent home and told to wait!!

How bizarre!! I was in a state of shock and relief (I still didn't feel ready)

Friday we had an ultrasound, there wasn't much of a change in the babies. Babies were still measuring small and blood flow was still compromised in baby b.

Also two beds were still unavailable.

Saturday morning we went to hospital for a CTG scan. Apparently two beds had become available but a set of twins had just been born!! I was devastated! We had the scan and my obstetrician wasn't happy with the result, baby b was struggling. So he decided to admit me until beds became available. As he was saying this he got a call, beds had just become available!!! This was at 1.40pm. So by 2.30pm we were all set to deliver!!

It was such a scary experience! I was so nervous and squeezing DH's hand like crazy! He was so good, he kept talking and telling me jokes. The second I heard my baby cry, i felt such immense relief. Both babies came out beautifully and it was love at first sight. I still get tears thinking about it.

Imogen was born first weighing 2.1kg. She is so beautiful. She looks so much like her daddy and has the most peaceful temperament.

Xavier was next at 1.8kg. He is the feisty one. But what a fighter! He is so alert and a bit of a hungry hippo! He looks more like me

Both are doing so well. They are in special care but only because they can't suck feed for every feed.

Here is a photo of my little angels I'm so happy they are here. It was all worth it and I wouldn't change anything

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cocoblue For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (03-07-2014),FiBub76  (01-07-2014),Katvee  (01-07-2014),MrsTugs  (02-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow! Congrats @Cocoblue ! They are just beautiful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @Cocoblue!! Welcome Imogen and Xavier....precious little angels xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed for you Jussi xxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LouLaa For This Useful Post:

jussi  (02-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @Cocoblue. Beautiful picture of your babies
    AFM I am going to call my gp today to try to get in for an appt to do something about trying to speed up is ttc thing. I called late last week and today was fully booked but they told me to call first thing on the morning(Tuesday is my only day off) so I hope that means they make more times available today. CD6 for me. Hoping to be able to start being a bit more proactive (apart from all the bd'ing).

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FiBub76 For This Useful Post:

riki  (01-07-2014)