Closed Thread
Page 45 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It will almost definitely be icsi ivf, as we expected.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    At least you have a bit of an idea. What a total PITA that your DH is away for months though :-( I'm not mentally ready to make the step to see a FS, so I'm kind of putting off going to the GP. I guess I don't want to face the possible fact of something being wrong with me (or DH for that matter). A friend of mine is getting ready to go down the icsi route, but has been given a few months to try on Clomid before they do (her DH had a shocking SA so unlikely they will conceive naturally). Again I don't think she's quite ready to go down that route yet. It totally sucks. You spend years trying not to get pregnant, then when you do it just doesn't happen. Stupid bodies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww MrsTugs, sorry, hugs! ICSI should give you the best chance tho. How do you feel about it? How soon can you start?
    Yeah, stupid bodies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah it's a bit scary, but ultimately I'm looking forward to it. It's the next stepping stone to our take home baby and that's the important bit.

I'll be starting a few initial tests next month, then after that it's wait and see when DH can get a quick trip home to start his testing...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

OIC  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure what ISCS stands for, but I want to wish you all the very best. It sounds like a positive appointment and it means you are one step closer to having a bub. Fingers crossed your OH can get home soon and start the ball rolling as well.

i keep coming in here checking on your and others journeys.

Today I had a doc appointment (I'm 13 weeks tomorrow) and even though the Doppler sometimes can't pick up bubs heart beat until around 16 weeks, we were able to hear our lil ones, it is so wonderful.Referral sent to the hospital, next scan referral done (18 weeks) and next doc appointment made.

turns out I am O positive not negative like I've always thought too, so don't need the anti d injections.

Blood/scan results have me at low risk with 1:2117 for trisomy 21, 1:20 000 for trisomy 18 and 1:20000 for trisomy 13. (That's my adjusted risk)

hope you you guys don't mind me sharing here with you, feel like you are part of my journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crumble of course we don't mind you posting :-)
    Yes it was definitely a positive, albeit scary, meeting.

So ivf is where they take her eggs and his sperm, put them both in a dish and let them fertilise themselves.

Unfortunately the quality of DHs sperm means they're not capable of doing that themselves. Icsi is where they wash and spin to get rid of the duds, then they take the best looking sperm and injecting it directly into the egg.

This is what we will be doing.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (25-05-2014),CrumbleBee  (23-05-2014),FiBub76  (01-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great crumblebee! Congrats, sounds like it's all going well!
    Yes, please do stick around, love hearing good news!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OIC For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (25-05-2014),CrumbleBee  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for explaining MrsTugs, and excuse my iPad autocorrecting ICSI to something else whoops!

It really is amazing what they are able to do to help your journey into parenthood , I can't wait to hear when you get your BFP !

Thanks guys, I will stick around so I can keep up with what you guys are all doing. Fingers crossed for more BFP's.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CrumbleBee For This Useful Post:

MrsTugs  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I'm out this cycle, AF showed up last night, according to FF it was due next Thurs...mans if FF was right about ovulation then I only had a 9 day luteal phase :/

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kat you could try temping, that will definitely show you when your ovulating and you will be able to time you bd to it better?