Closed Thread
Page 24 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Anywhere from 6-10 weeks. Usually around 7 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    First u/s is usually at 7ish weeks and that's ur dating scan. This is not necessary if you already know, or don't really care lol. After that is ur 12wk scan which us actually important and covers a lot of medical stuff.
    You'll get a blood test as well most likely, just to confirm what you already know. That was why I suggested just booking in with gp now so you can go straight to blood test and skip the pee test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiBub76 View Post
    Just thought it might be a bit yucky for them...having to go internally thats all. Obviously wont affect the scan
    I guess we should be ok. Just expecting that my cycle will be a bit screwed up this time so want to make the most of it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    They do u/s's when women have their AF so I'm sure they don't mind a bit of goop ;-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (08-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    They do u/s's when women have their AF so I'm sure they don't mind a bit of goop ;-)
    Oh god I couldn't think of much worse than going for an ultrasound when it was AF time!!!

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh god I couldn't think of much worse than going for an ultrasound when it was AF time!!!

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I concur!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (08-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @CrumbleBee - what Tugs said. Go to your GP, get a blood test and get a clear answer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Crumble - I agree, just book into your GP. He/she will send you for a bunch of blood tests. Not just to confirm you are pregnant but to check your immunity to rubella, your iron levels etc.

I saw my GP at 4 weeks for bloods. Next week is my first OB appointment (at 10 weeks), she will do a quick dating scan and then the NT scan will follow at 12-13 week mark.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @CrumbleBee definitely see your gp!

Ladies I don't know how I forgot but I have the maybe baby opk ! So tested this morning and just the little pebbles. Not fertile ATM but we are still going to BD in case

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok girls...I have been reading up on your thoughts about pap smears and bding...I have an ultrasound tomorrow which was going to be my six wk one but is now just so we can get green light for ttc.
    What are your thoughts on bding the night before the ultrasound esp when they might have to do the internal one???
    I just dont want to miss an opportunity ;-)
    I am thinking it might not be a good idea but am torn with the wanting to ttc

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    It's fine. I bd before lots of u/s and also before my laparoscopy.
    Not issues.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CrumbleBee View Post
    making me more and more nervous, but AF still hasn't turned up, so the test is only to confirm what I think I already know.

When I know for sure... what do I do then? do I book a doctors appointment for a blood test? how far along do I have to be for the first ultrasound (dating scan?)
    Book in for dr appt for initial bloods - pretty routine. You can then request a dating scan. It's good to get so you know your dates but also to put your mind at ease that yes there is a baby in there and it's in the right spot (obvs reducing the risk of a ruptured Fallopian tube if it's an ectopic as you'll pick it up early)
    Best done between 6-7w so you can see a blob and heartbeat.

You can also ask your GP for your referral to your chosen OB/midwife program/hospital etc
    If your going private it's best to get in nice and early as OBs book up really fast. So ideally do your OB research BEFORE you fall pregnant so you can get a referral straight away and don't have to rush through trying to figure our who you want to see.