+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0
    I had no pain what so ever with my first 2 pregnancies so having this much pain is so new to me

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    252
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked
    127
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Seriously go see a Chiro, Physio or Osteopath it will do you a world of wonders!
    Yep - I work at a Chiro & the relief SO many pregnant ladies get is amazing. Are you in Brisbane? I couldn't recommend my Chiro highly enough.

    Also magnesium will def help a lot. When I get into work I'll log in to the practitioner part of our supplement website & post some info for you.

    By the by - I've had 3 babies too & have to say the pregnancies did get slightly harder each time...mostly from my body being fatigued looking after the other two instead of putting my feet up like I could esp with the first. It wouldn't be surprising if you are low in certain minerals. Cooking babies is hard work!!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    252
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked
    127
    Reviews
    0
    Here's some clinical info on magnesium

    Magnesium is an essential mineral in human health. It isinvolved in a wide range of biological functions, includingenergy production, nucleic acid and protein synthesis,electrolyte balance, maintenance of cell membraneintegrity, regulation of muscle contraction and relaxation,nerve conduction, and regulation of vascular tone.
    It has been estimated that magnesium intake has declinedby more than half during this century; primarily due tofood processing
    Muscular complaints
    Adequate magnesium levels are required at neuromuscular junctions to permit muscles to
    relax. Chronic magnesium deficiency increases the likelihood of excessive muscle tension and may lead to muscle spasms, cramps, tics, restlessness, [41, 50]and twitches.
    Allows muscles to relax and may reduce excessivemuscle tension, cramping, tics, restlessness,and twitching.


  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0
    I'm located in Townsville. Every bloods I've done have come back perfect, the doctors and midwives say I must be taking supplements for my levels to be perfect but I have never taken any supplements not when TTC or throughout pregnancy. A student midwife that has been assigned to me said it could be the fact the its been 7 yrs since my youngest and working in childcare is very physically demanding that it has set off PGP. She makes sense I have a midwife appointment tomorrow so hopefully they can do something for me. Then again I only have 8wks left of work

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    252
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked
    127
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Neada View Post
    A student midwife that has been assigned to me said it could be the fact the its been 7 yrs since my youngest and working in childcare is very physically demanding that it has set off PGP. She makes sense I have a midwife appointment tomorrow so hopefully they can do something for me. Then again I only have 8wks left of work
    I'm thinking if I do get pregnant again my age probably will have some effect on how I handle it. I haven't been pregnant in 9 years and when I previously TTC it took all of about 5 mins - this time it's been almost 6 months with no success so I don't doubt age as a factor.

    Hopefully once you stop working so much it will ease for you

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,973
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    605
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You should see a physio who specialises in pregnancy related issues. They can give you a special belt to wear and show you how to carry yourself better. Eg. Don't close draws or cupboards with your foot, don't push a shopping trolley, keep your knees together when getting out of the car and bed etc.

    The pain should go away after the birth. It's really rough, I had it with my first pregnancy. Now with this pregnancy (19 weeks) I'm scared of what is to come! Fine so far but they say it comes back quicker in subsequent pregnancies.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Hi Legeyt! I'm in Brisbane and haven't had luck with my physio (who is pregnancy-specific, but the exercises she prescribed seemed to worsen things)-- who is your chiropractor? My pain is centred on my right hip, and is quite severe-- I cannot walk without a cane and I am very prone to falls, and I have been reduced to tears on my walks from car park to workplace.

    I'm already taking magnesium-- but I thought that's mainly for muscular aches, and not liagment pains?
    Quote Originally Posted by Legeyt View Post
    Yep - I work at a Chiro & the relief SO many pregnant ladies get is amazing. Are you in Brisbane? I couldn't recommend my Chiro highly enough.

    Also magnesium will def help a lot. When I get into work I'll log in to the practitioner part of our supplement website & post some info for you.

    By the by - I've had 3 babies too & have to say the pregnancies did get slightly harder each time...mostly from my body being fatigued looking after the other two instead of putting my feet up like I could esp with the first. It wouldn't be surprising if you are low in certain minerals. Cooking babies is hard work!!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Can anyone help me please I'm 26 weeks and sorta worried as I just found out that my little girl is small for her dates is that a normal thing or anything? Need help

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    You should see a physio who specialises in pregnancy related issues. They can give you a special belt to wear and show you how to carry yourself better. Eg. Don't close draws or cupboards with your foot, don't push a shopping trolley, keep your knees together when getting out of the car and bed etc.

    The pain should go away after the birth. It's really rough, I had it with my first pregnancy. Now with this pregnancy (19 weeks) I'm scared of what is to come! Fine so far but they say it comes back quicker in subsequent pregnancies.
    I just wanted to say that for me and actually i think most women it doesnt go away instantly after birth. the joint hypermobility is still an issue-- i birthed 8 days ago and feel pain (now on both hips) without panadol (prescribed to help my stitches that came loose).

    this review helped me https://www.hse.ie/eng/about/Who/cli...ramme/no16.pdf

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Hey girls I am running a questionnaire on Survey Monkey and would love to hear your responses on this serious maternity issues!

    Here is the link:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WDJ8K57


 

Similar Threads

  1. Sharp pain / pinching pain in cervix
    By curiouschildcare in forum Third Trimester Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 26-05-2013, 14:18
  2. TMI pain
    By YMo7 in forum General Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-04-2013, 17:41
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-04-2013, 11:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pyjamas.com.au
With so many gorgeous brands and styles for every season, our pyjamas, nighties, robes, sleepsuits and sleeping bags are lovely for lights out and perfect for lazy days. Get 10% off first order using code bubhub. Be quick offer ends 31/12/16.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Tribalance
TriBalance is a physio, yoga & pilates studio in Brisbane's inner north, offering specialised women's health physiotherapy services. Weekly pregnancy yoga classes are scheduled at the studio on Thursdays 1- 2pm and Saturdays 1-2:15pm.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!