+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default So much pain

Hi, I'm just entering wk28 with baby #3 and for the last 2wks I have been in constant pain. Ranging from calf muscle cramps to pinched sciatic on the left side to pelvic pain to the point that even a leg twitch has me doubled over.

I had a midwife app just when the pains started and all she suggested for the pelvic pain was a belly band. I got the best on the market and it made the pain worse not to mention bub pushed against it the whole time.

Has anyone experienced this?? And what worked for you??

Pregnancy #1 and #2 were pain free, no cramps, pains, problems. That were dream pregnancies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I started to have all over tummy pain, leg cramps etc from about then. This is my first though. I am now 39 weeks and I realize now that it was braxton hicks.
    Took me 8 weeks to work it out though.
    I just found on days I did too much it was worse. I am a nurse so that didn't help. I ended up leaving work at 33 weeks because of this. I found the leg cramps at night worse if I did too much too.
    I never really have found anything that helps. I have been told though that and belly belt and magnesium may help
    I bought a fit ball and I found it takes the pressure off belly and strengthens legs
    Last edited by Kazza78; 23-03-2014 at 21:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm so sorry to hear. I had PGP and sciatica and it used to shift sides sometimes not just back hip but right down my bum and leg only one side at a time. Couldn't even get up off a chair or sit on one without being in excruciating pain. I'm really no help as nothing worked for me completely only temporary relief.. The pregnancy sleep position with the leg that's bent I would prop ALOT of pillows under it so it would be really stretching hips (good pain). Also a pelvic band for the bottom of your belly. It does go away when you deliver. Sorry I'm not much more help as mine stuck with me 31 weeks- delivery.

Hope you feel better and can find some relief, couldn't see this post and not say something as I know the pain!! Many ladies will so hopefully you get more answers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can handle the sciatica and the leg cramps as I used to get them every now and then before pregnancy but its the pelvic pain that I'm finding it hard. Its making it very difficult to walk and therefore hard to work as I am in childcare. I've already dropped down to 3 days a week coz of the pain. I finish up at the end of May so I can't really afford to stop now. Its also making it hard to sleep as I roll from side to side and sometimes I have to sleep on my back just to get a little relief (I put a couple pillows under one side so im not completely flat)

I have another midwife appointment on Thursday so I guess I'll have to wait and see what she suggests this time

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry I can't help with the pelvic pain but for the leg cramps I have found taking magnesium tablets to be very effective. Hopefully that can alleviate at least one of the pains for you?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Seriously go see a Chiro, Physio or Osteopath it will do you a world of wonders!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It def sounds like PGP.

"Pregnancy related pelvic girdle pain (abbreviated PGP) causes pain, instability and limitation of mobility and functioning in any of the three pelvic joints."

"The affection appears to consist of relaxation of the pelvic articulations, becoming apparent suddenly after parturition or gradually during pregnancy and permitting a degree of mobility of the pelvic bones which effectively hinders locomotion and gives rise to the most peculiar and alarming sensations."

"Any weight bearing activity has the potential of aggravating an already unstable pelvis, producing symptoms that may limit the ability of the woman to carry out many daily activities. She may experience pain involving movements such as dressing, getting in and out of the bath, rolling in bed, climbing the stairs or sexual activity. Pain may also be present when lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling."

"For most women PGP resolves in weeks after delivery but for some it can last for years resulting in a reduced tolerance for weight bearing activities. PGP can take up until 11 weeks post partum to subside."

"Overall, about 45% of all pregnant women and 25% of all women postpartum suffer from PGP. During pregnancy, serious pain occurs in about 25%, and severe disability in about 8% of patients. After pregnancy, problems are serious in about 7%.There is no correlation between age, culture, nationality and numbers of pregnancies that determine a higher incidence of PGP."

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely sounds like me 😭 what can be done to alleviate the symptoms?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nawww you poor thing it's so terrible.. Makes me shiver even remembering the pain. Unfortunately like my first post nothing took it away.. My middy advised the sleep position (it's painful but good pain) and the girdle band. Both did nothing really.. The only thing that got rid of it was delivery! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news your midwife might be nicer than mineable advise something new? (mine had two sets of twins so she didn't really care for my singleton discomforts!) good luck xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having the same issue and the Ob said pretty much delivery will get rid of it I can't sit still for too long but can't be up and around too long so it's like a catch 22! Had the pains with the 1st bub but a lot later in pregnancy, it's been a lot sooner with #2!