+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It Will depend a lot of the temperament of the kids, my Dd was an easy newborn, and DS took to being a big brother very easily. If I had of had the kids in reverse order it would have been a different story.

Anyway, here's some things I did:

Before NB arrived
    -Play with dolls before newbie arrived and talk about what it will be like with a new baby

-Read lots of new baby books together

After NB arrived
    - I didn't worry about bathing newbie very often a all, maybe once a week if she was lucky. Takes the pressure off.

-Swinging rockers are great, just teach the older one not to rock it for you, otherwise newbie will be in for a wild ride.

-When I bf'd newbie I read a book to DS all cuddles together on the couch. I was lucky DD was a great feeder and could self attach early on.

-Lots of cuddles all together, make big deal of being a family, everyone loves each other. I let DS cuddle DD a lot but always with lots of supervision, and told him the importance of being a big brother and how lucky he was and how special it is.

Good luck!!

Ps
    I once went for a walk around the block with DS for mummy and son time and left DH with DD alone. When we left DS yelled out "don't break her ok dad" !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Give the toddler lots of one on one time when baby is asleep. Have nappy bag packed and ready the night before so u can head out as soon as baby wakes /feeds if u want to. Try wear toddler out with physical/mental stimulation so they will sleep or rest in arvo (took me ages to work this out, would have helped if I knew earlier coz my toddler refused to nap at 24 months and with a newborn I was exhausted). Also if u can, get toddler looked after for couple hours a week so u can rest/spend time with baby/get chores done. You will with things out as u go

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some great tips here. I had 2 under 18 months. I tried to keep the house full of food/snacks and a few that I kept back as 'treats' for when I REALLY needed DS1 to cooperate so I could feed the baby etc. Re the bathing thing- I never made this a priority each day, especially if I was home alone (and exhausted!). A quick wipe down for each some days. I wasn't prepared to bath both on my own as I was so tired I was afraid a mistake would happen. Safety first. Fenced playgrounds also became by best friend. All the best x

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing 😃
    Some very handy tips here.
    My second is due in June and my DS will be 2.4 years so very much need some of this helpful advice!
    Thanks ladies 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    What happens if you're on your own at night, how do you get both safely out of the bath?
    I had my change table in the bathroom and all clothes and nappies ready on it so I could watch DD whilst dressing DS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great tips ladies
    Thank you so much