+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes it's smelly and yucky and it takes a while to coax them to drink it but both of my babies drank Pepti junior for years. It was the best thing that ever happened to us. We suffered with such severe CMPI for a long time and it was the only thing that they tolerated. Xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (23-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And yes I have 2 super healthy thriving children (3 and 4 yrs now) both outgrown all their allergies. Two months after finally taking Pepti junior they were free of all symptoms... It's not the ideal but it's been a life saver and I'm so grateful prescription formula is avaliable for babies like mine..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (23-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all, I am feeling much less anxious about CMPI and its treatment. Hopefully pepti is enough.

Happy to hesr about all your healthy thriving children and completely agree with ripperrita, so good that prescription formula is available. I would have hated for DS to continue to be unhappy.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Tommi; 23-03-2014 at 21:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little one was diagnosed with CMPI at 4 months by Paeditrician. Prior to this doctor told us it was silent reflux! Being a mum for the first time I wasn't sure although my gut told me it wasn't reflux - funny that.
    We are on Pepti Junior too and haven't looked back I have a different baby! We add 3 drops of vanilla ess to each bottle and she drinks fine. Tried first with nothing and that was a disaster! Paeditrician suggested either the vanilla ess or golden syrup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Hi all, my 7 week old is suspected of having CMPI and has had his formula (Bellamys) which he loves changed to a prescription formula (pepti junior) which he hates. They changed it due to the severity of his rash even though we have not yet been to the immunologist. We have had to wean him onto it by gradually increasing the ratio of pepti junior in his regular formula and now after 48 hours he is on 100% pepti junior. I feel horrible giving it to him as he loved his old formula and he definitely doesn't eat this one with the same vigour. Has anyone else used this formula? Will it help CMPI? Will he still grow and thrive on it? Also we are having to use hydrocortisone 1% until we get rid of the trigger has anyone else had experience with this is one so young. It has definitely made him more comfortable but I worry if it is harming him.
    Apologies for all of the questions, first time mum so very new to this and very nervous.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    My DS now 11 weeks is on pepti junior for cmpi he loves the taste of it but can't physically drink it because so much damage has been done by the late diagnosis. I'm sure your bub will learn to love his new feed just know you are doing what's best. X

Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    My DS now 11 weeks is on pepti junior for cmpi he loves the taste of it but can't physically drink it because so much damage has been done by the late diagnosis. I'm sure your bub will learn to love his new feed just know you are doing what's best. X

Your poor bubba what kind of feeds is he on then?
    my ds also had a late diagnosis of cmpi and had a really damaged stomach... he pooed huge amounts of blood and became sensitive to not only dairy but soy, wheat, eggs, gluten and anything with preservatives (all through my breastmilk). it took a long time for him to recover but he did...

He is 4yrs now and super duper healthy. He also outgrew all the allergies/intolerances around 3 yrs and can safely eat chocolate and all normal foods xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    Your poor bubba what kind of feeds is he on then?
    my ds also had a late diagnosis of cmpi and had a really damaged stomach... he pooed huge amounts of blood and became sensitive to not only dairy but soy, wheat, eggs, gluten and anything with preservatives (all through my breastmilk). it took a long time for him to recover but he did...

He is 4yrs now and super duper healthy. He also outgrew all the allergies/intolerances around 3 yrs and can safely eat chocolate and all normal foods xx
    We where told it would take around that long for our son to outgrow it too I'm worried about accidentally feeding him the wrong thing when we start solids now.

He is being fed via nasal gastric.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't worry. You actually have caught it pretty early so bubs stomach will recover quickly now his on the right feeds. My ds didn't start prescription formula until he was 7 months (up until then we struggled with bfing and the elimination diet) his stomach was severely damaged and even a trace amount would cause a severe reaction. It was a nightmare. But trust that he will recover, have no long term lasting effects and be a happy, healthy kid. All the best xxxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    Don't worry. You actually have caught it pretty early so bubs stomach will recover quickly now his on the right feeds. My ds didn't start prescription formula until he was 7 months (up until then we struggled with bfing and the elimination diet) his stomach was severely damaged and even a trace amount would cause a severe reaction. It was a nightmare. But trust that he will recover, have no long term lasting effects and be a happy, healthy kid. All the best xxxx
    On to syringe feeding of that doesn't work it'll be full tube feeding and his now being put on neocate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sabah View Post
    My little one was diagnosed with CMPI at 4 months by Paeditrician. Prior to this doctor told us it was silent reflux! Being a mum for the first time I wasn't sure although my gut told me it wasn't reflux - funny that.
    We are on Pepti Junior too and haven't looked back I have a different baby! We add 3 drops of vanilla ess to each bottle and she drinks fine. Tried first with nothing and that was a disaster! Paeditrician suggested either the vanilla ess or golden syrup.

CMPI causes silent reflux as the stomach creates acid in the tummy from the intolerance, so they go hand in hand. My DD had both.

Shes 2.5 now but is still intolerant.

She was in soy formula and reflux meds. She's not on meds any more at least.