+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Switching IVF clinics

hello ladies, I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone could share experience around changing IVF clinics. How long does it take for the new clinic to have access t our files? I've heard it could take weeks...
    appreciate your help
    cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I changed clinics about 2.5 years ago. It did not take too long to get my file accross, indeed my husband asked for a copy of all our results at the previous clinic and brought them with us to the new clinic.
    It took about 2 or 3 months to see our FS (we went for the medical director of the centre, pretty hard to get in, but best decision ever). Then we were both asked to do a bunch of testing and retesting. Through that testing we realized I had a blood issue. Was sent to see an hematologist, who was on a pretty long leave, took me a couple of months to see him. Then went to see FS again, was around Christmas time and he was on leave, took me a month to get in. All in all, between the day we left the last clinic and my first injection for a cycle with the new one, it took almost a year.
    There was a case of bad luck with everybody's leave, but in hindsight, swapping clinic and getting that second opinion was the best decision ever. If we had not done it I would not be 21weeks pregnant today.
    Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, my husband and I have now been to 3 different IVF clinics. The first gave us our DD, then 2nd clinic kept doing transfer after transfer and didn't do diagnostics. We got sick of not knowing why the transfers kept failing. So am now with Repromed, treated by the Director and have had diagnostics and an answer to our issues. Second clinic sourced our records for us when we made the appointment and final clinic didn't want our records, they started from scratch with the info we gave them. Always better to get another opinion, time is not on our sides.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies. I have just got my medical file and booked an appointment with new FS. Good luck to all of us =)