+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Mmm money and sticky fingered flavoured ice cream!

When it comes to hygiene/food hygiene, do what you like in your own home, however you must take responsibility when serving others!

I was at a park with an ice-cream van and the guy was handling money, grabbing cones with his hands (no paper around them first) and then wiping his sticky fingers on his top etc. So he was contaminating the cones with his money tainted sticky fingers.

I wasn't going to say anything because Ds was buying a slushy. Anyway this guy grabbed the cup from the lip and then the straw from the mouth part.

I asked if he could grab another straw ( I explained why) and he offered me the container to choose my own.

When I commented about how he should also be wrapping paper (or napkin/Serviette) around the cones due to also handling money he had the gall to say "I don't need you to tell me how to do my job"
    I then said "Yes I do if it relates to hygiene" and walked off.

I was telling Dh about how no other id!ot there cared and Dh said that's because I'm NOT the normal one, lol!
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 23-03-2014 at 13:35.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (23-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For this very reason I always go for ice cream in a cup if thats an option because I know at some point someone will have touched the cone to wrap the napkin around it. I have been known to not eat the cone because its been touched. I also love it when the straws come separately in paper packaging or at the very least from a dispenser where I have to get it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Penny88 For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (23-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you do a food handling course they will teach you not to touch food and money with the same hand. It's a big no-no and I hate it. Cones with bare hands I can live with but I have a few places I won't eat because I've seen staff go to the toilets in their work apron.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Report him. He should be following OH & S guidelines. I'd be pretty disgusted if I saw that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get confused at subway when they use the Same gloves for handling your meat then dipping into the salad containers etc? Is that also a no no

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I see your point, but at the same time, I figure you kind of take "crappy hygiene," as part of the package when you get something out of a van.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

gnomesy  (23-03-2014),LoCo  (23-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah OP, that would gross me out too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I agree with you OP! Sounds ferrel!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blurgh! I was going through a shopping centre the other day and saw a worker from the food court leave the bathroom and go back to making sushi. The yuk bit was she wore her food handling gloves to the toilet and straight back into the kitchen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ick that's disgusting. I watch how people prepare my food and Ive been known to leave long lines because I think what they are doing is gross. I found Europe pretty bad for this - so many countries that do not use gloves/tongs for food handling We were at a Burger King in the UK and the teenager making the burgers was scratching his face and hair and then stuffing lettuce into the burger with his bare hands, I then noticed that almost no fast food/restaurant places used gloves of any kind. Staff in bakeries would also grab bread and pastries etc out of the cabinets with their hands (no paper or tongs) while handling money - this happened in pretty much every country we went to. I found it very hard finding places I was happy to eat at sometimes!