+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Have you been happy with the Steelcraft Strider Compact?

I'm leaning strongly toward getting the Steelcraft Strider Compact. For those that have one, are you happy with it?

I have a 7 seater territory and will be utilising the rear seat once baby arrives so need a pram that is quite compact. The strider looks the most compact I've seen and love the features it has as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love mine and haven't had any pram envy at all.
    I love that it's so versatile and does everything I need. At the moment I still have my 7mo DS facing rearward in it and when in that position the pram doesn't fold flat, but I just pop the seat off and chuck it and the frame in the back of the car separately. It folds much neater when the seat is facing outward, it's just my preference at the moment to do it that way.
    I do a lot of walking with it and it's very sturdy and has a great sized basket underneath which is awesome for ducking into the shops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's good to hear as I just bought one yesterday. We thought it was the pretty compact, nice and easy to steer and you get all the extras (rain cover, sun cover etc) included. It is a bit heavier than the mini city but about $200 cheaper. We paid extra for the foam wheels as we we do alot of walking on dirt paths.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to add, the lady in the baby store suggested if we see people out and about with the pram to ask them what they think of it and we only had good responses. You could do the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppyLoppy View Post
    That's good to hear as I just bought one yesterday. We thought it was the pretty compact, nice and easy to steer and you get all the extras (rain cover, sun cover etc) included. It is a bit heavier than the mini city but about $200 cheaper. We paid extra for the foam wheels as we we do alot of walking on dirt paths.

Do the foam wheels not need to be pumped up? I do a lot of walking also and was wondering how the smaller wheels at the front would be on gravel etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by calicocat View Post
    I love mine and haven't had any pram envy at all.
    I love that it's so versatile and does everything I need. At the moment I still have my 7mo DS facing rearward in it and when in that position the pram doesn't fold flat, but I just pop the seat off and chuck it and the frame in the back of the car separately. It folds much neater when the seat is facing outward, it's just my preference at the moment to do it that way.
    I do a lot of walking with it and it's very sturdy and has a great sized basket underneath which is awesome for ducking into the shops.
    I will have a look at the pram when I go to Perth in a few weeks as I'm remote. So the handle doesn't move then? It's the seat that you can swap to face rear or forward is that right? I'm thinking I will get the bassinet attachment too. When bubs is born we will be in Perth for a month so the bassinet will be great to have and then we will be back in Perth at Xmas for another month or so so will get good use out of having the bassinet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my compact, I also use the second seat and used the capsule until dd was 7 months. I was tossing up between the bjcs and went with the compact as all the extras are included, wasn't as long or bulky. It was also ds who was 2 at the times preferred pram and still gets in now at almost 4. My only fault with them I wish the top seat would sit up a bit more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppyLoppy View Post

Foam wheels? What are they? The only complaint I have about mine is when folded in the car one of the front wheels was pressed up against the frame. Due to the heat if the car the wheel became soft and indented where is was resting on the frame. Now when I push it you can feel everytime you go over the divet. This happened with a friends pram too (different brand) so it's not just a strider thing.
    Other than that I like it. I got the basinette too, so handing.
    The handle doesn't swivel over Op, the chair can be put in either direction (facing mum or facing away but if it's facing mum you need to remove chair to fold, if it's facing away it folds in one piece).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the compact but just purchased the BJCS again too. Like others have said don't leave your pram in the car in the heat the wheels can become indented by the frame. I have just replaced 2 of my wheels so I can sell it.
    I think the pram is a great pram for its price but I feel it doesn't have as good quality as my old BJCS has hence why I have a new one.
    Just check to see if it fits in your car though because I have a Mazda CX9 and have to lay one of the 3rd row seats down to fit the pram in. I'm sure it'd fit if I took the wheels off but I didn't want to do that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought my first pram this weekend and I also looked at the strider compact it had everything I wanted unfortunately I just felt it was way too big and bulky I ended up getting the bugaboo cameleon as I wanted a compact pram. Aside from that I thought the strider was pretty awesome!