+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Just found out I am having twins...

Hi mums and dads,
    Just had my dating scan this morning and found out we are having twins. I also have a DD who will be 2yrs and 4 months around the due date. We are in shock! Explains the shocking morning sickness.
    Just would love to chat to anyone who has been through this before or also having twins... Any words of wisdom?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hiya, welcome to the world of twins! Congratulations. I had a 3 year old when the twins came, and afterwards I had another when the twins were 21 months old. It is pretty full on, but at the same time - it is such fun, watching your two who will have a great bond (no matter if they are ID or frat).

Best piece of advice I ever got was get a slow cooker! When you have twins and a toddler in the house, getting something as normal and simple as dinner together - becomes a monumental effort. I used to just chuck stuff in the slow cooker and put it on in the morning all ready to go at dinner.

Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Mkim  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Beebs great advice. Sounds like you have a beautiful little family x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mkim For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-03-2014)

mumbron is offline Actions speak louder than words!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulation @Mkim I also have ID twin boys and 2 kids with my husband and at first I was shocked but surprisingly happy! My boys were born naturally at 36+4 weeks my boys are the best of mates and are currently 3.5 years old and I don't think it's been so bad I think that once they start school I'll miss them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mumbron For This Useful Post:

Mkim  (23-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mumbron

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No twins here but wanted to say Congratulations!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have identical girls, nearly 9 months old. No other children. Twins have been an absolute blessing and at their current age it's so special to see their special bond with one another.

Best advice for me was to keep their routine together as much as possible. Wake one to feed at same time if need be. A twin feeding pillow has been awesome if breastfeeding. Sleep them together (safely of course). We found that, because they have one another, they don't need to wake us for company only for feeds.

But my very best advice is to take it as it comes and have a sense of humour. Sometimes you're just outnumbered and you have to laugh

Congratulations!!! It's super exciting to have twins. Definitely twice as nice!!

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by NAT2561; 23-03-2014 at 21:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations!!!!

my ID twin boys are 6. It has been a wild ride, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the journey. Yes, it can be hard work but it's doable!

My my advice is to not sweat the small stuff, sleep when you can and make up a box of special toys for your DD to entertain her while you are feeding etc ( and a lunch box made every day for both of you so you can eat nutritious snacks.

Also so check out baby wearing. You can tandem carry, it's awesome!