+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Exclamation Wrong dates or something wrong?

Hi All,

After TTC for 9 years, we got our BFP on 4th March.

My hcg levels have been -

4/3 - 173
    6/3 - 445
    8/3 - 879
    11/3 - 1829
    18/3 - 3723
    21/3 - 5475

LMP was 30th Jan, suggesting today I would be 7w1d.

I had a scan done on the 11th March, and I was showing as under 5 weeks. No yolk, nothing. Sac was 1.2cm x 0.39cm x 0.77cm.

On the 18th March, i had a fall, no bleeding but they did a scan just incase. I was told that the pregnancy was not viable, and it was in my tube and I was set to miscarry as I had a blighted ovum. The sac measured 1.27cm x 0.68cm x 0.79cm. An appointment was made for me with a clinic to talk about termination.

Today, I attended the hospital clinic under the impression it was all going to come to an end.

The nurse was just as shocked as I was. She not only told me, but showed me my ultrasound WITH the visable yolk sac, measuring 0.34cm and she confirmed with me that the sac was infact in my uterus, its just sitting fundus and to the left.

This left me with so much hope.

I then had a follow up ultrasound, and waited for the results.

I went in with the male tech, he measured me at 5 weeks and 4 days, but asked me to go and drink a little more and wait half an hour.

I did as I was told and 20 mins later a female tech called me in.

She dated me at 5w and 1d, sac measuring 1.2cm x 0.86cm x 1.34cm with the yolk measuring 0.45cm.

I was pleased with this, but then I read the report.

"There is a gest sac in the fundus of the uterus to the left of the midline with a sac volume corresponding to a gest age of spprox 5 weeks which has not increased in size when compared to the previous study on 11/3. I therefore suspect a negative outcome to this pregnancy"

Fantastic. I wish someone would tell me WTF is going on.. I really dont know what to think now.

Any advise or anyone been in this situation before?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    But it has increased in size.... I don't understand...
    FWIW, the ultrasound tech told me I would miscarriage when I had my first scan, I am, as we speak BF'ing that baby....
    Wait til you see the doctor, they are better qualified to interpret the scans.
    Fx for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    From what I can work out from your hcg's, you probably ovulated around 13 feb, implanted around 22nd feb
    The way I work it out, you should be around the 7w1d
    It's so hard isn't it. I would suggest you speak to your doctor to organize more bloods and another ultrasound next week. It doesn't look like it doubled either between 18th and 21st march
    Sending you lots of prayers xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies!

It's so confusing. Dr says I must have ovulated late and got pregnant last couple days of feb, (hubby had been away so I know when BD happened, as only other BD was prior on 14th Feb, which is too early).

I've been referred to an Early Pregnancy Clinic, so I see them on Monday and will get hcg done again.

Fingers crossed all pans out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All I know is that you would have been around 4 weeks pregnant at end of feb according to your hcg results.
    If it isn't matching today as 7 weeks then it is possible the fetus has stopped growing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How confusing for you crossing my fingers everything is ok xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Dr said she thinks I ovulated late and conceived on 28th Feb.

I've got some really light brown spotting this morning, so I'm just trying to stay positive for now, although I'm struggling to find hope.

I have hcg testing tomorrow so hopefully that will give me as idea of what's happening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If your doctor thinks you ovulated around 28th then your hcg results wouldn't have even come up on a stick yet. Hopefully I am available to talk this week to you
    Praying for youxxx
    Last edited by Kazza78; 23-03-2014 at 08:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That's a long time TTC I really hope you have a positive outcome