+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone who has given birth aged 35+? Or partners who were 35+ when you gave birth?

I am a journalism student at the University of Technology, Sydney and am interested to hear from you. I am writing a story involving issues that may arise from older mums or dads who have a child. The story is purely for an assignment which will featured on an online student publication. If you meet this criteria I would love to hear from you! Please post here or email me at laurenpiggott91@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hubby and I were together 12 years before we felt we were ready to start trying for a family. We have now been together 20 years. We were both career focused at the time, we also wanted to set ourselves up financially before brining children into our lives. We had both come from families that had struggled and missing out on things that others had growing up really affected us both, we didn't want to be struggling bringing up our children. We had purchased 2 properties before we were married, the other thing is we wanted to be married prior to children as wouldn't have felt it was right if we weren't.

As it turned out when we started to try for a baby we were faced with infertility issues and it took us 2 years before we were pregnant with our first child thanks to fertility treatment. We are now expecting our third child. Hubby is 51 and I am 38. We are both fit and healthy and hubby is very active with the kids and very hands on in general. We have never really given his age much thought and he certainly doesn't look his age, actually no one believes him when they know his age which is quite amusing sometimes.

We don't see any disadvantages to having had children later. We had a good relationship before children which has only got stronger since having children, we are very close and affectionate toward each other, we have the utmost respect toward each other, we have financial security and have worked extremely hard to get where we are today and it certainly makes life more enjoyable and less stressful. We did everything we wanted to do prior to children. I have more patience at this stage of my life and don't feel I would have been as good a mother had I had children in my 20's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's the criteria? I'm due on Friday, I'm 43 & my husband of 20 years is 44. I had my older two in my 20's so it's been a big break for me, and I'll be able to compare

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 33 when I had my first, and am currently 35 and 25w with my second. My husband is a year older than me. Feel free to PM me if you'd like more info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am 35 -36 in April
    My husband is 37
    We are due our 1st bub 31st march

We met when we were 26 and 27
    I was in no hurry to get married and have babies at that age. We spent a long time getting to know each other and got married after 8 years together.

I always knew in my mind that being an older mum would not cause any problems with how the children turned out and methods used in child rearing.

I think everyone has the potential to be an awesome parent at what ever age they choose to begin their journey.
    But looking back at it now, I feel we have chosen the perfect age for us as I feel we just 'weren't ready' at a younger age.

If I hadn't studied and had a 'career' for the last 12 years and had children at a young age, then I would still would have had the opportunity to study at any age after that to begin a career later.

The only issues that I can think of is that we did conceive very quickly in 2012 but lost that one. It then took 11 months to conceive again.
    I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes as well.
    While these things can and do happen to couples at any age, there is evidence that age can increase these by just small percentages.

So while I am very happy with our decisions, I do think that maybe ttc a little bit earlier would have been best.

One more thing. Even though I am feeling atm like it just want her out and here now! and sooo over pregnancy, I wish that I would have loved the opportunity to have 5 children I we had started earlier.
    Last edited by Kazza78; 24-03-2014 at 08:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my first at 36.
    My second was born when the older one was nearly six.
    She is now two and a half.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I'm 24 & my husband is 40...we just had our first in January. What are you interested in? We plan to have more but DH's age will play a role in our family planning in the future.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 42 last baby and hubby was 44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 41 and a single parent. just had my beautiful baby girl 3 months ago. seamless amazing pregnancy and 2 hour birth!!
    what do u need?
    Am based in Sydney. happy to help!