+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS has a minky taggie blanket. He has has it since about 4 month old and it goes everywhere with us. He's 2.5yrs now and still needs blankie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My daughter loves hers. Sometimes she won't have an afternoon sleep but will lay in her cot for up to an hour just rubbing her blanket (square blanket with a teddy bear head on it) on her face. It has always been fantastic for when she hurts herself, she gives it a cuddle and rubs it on her face and quickly settles down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes DS (17 months) has a green giraffe that has a blanket attached to it. He loves it and carries it everywhere and won't sleep without it. We have 3 that get rotated incase of vomit/gettin lost etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 9, 10 later this year and still likes to cuddle her "teddy", a square blanket with teddy in the middle. She has had it since she was 4 months old and loves the smell of it after it has been freshly washed. She also has another favorite teddy!
    It doesn't hurt, she isn't obsessed with it, but they comfort her when she needs them too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds has a bunny. Hes had it since he was 2 weeks old and it 3.5 years now.

DD has a blanky, again had it since a few weeks old. Shes 5 yo now.

just a thought though. Dont make it too big and if you can, get two and rotate them just in case she loses one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I introduced a comfort teddy to both of my kids at around 6 months when I stopped swaddling them. DD is 7 and still cuddles her "Buffy" to sleep.
    Just a tip, if you choose to use a particular comforter, buy two of them. That way you can rotate them for washing, etc, or in case one gets lost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd has teddy - well we have 2 identical teddies. 1 stays in her bed, the other goes absolutely everywhere with her during the day. It hasn't been a 'toy' for her so doesn't affect her going to sleep (however she does have a good wrestle with him in bed in occasion )

I'm not game enough to put her to bed without him, he is tucked under her arm the entire night

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids have all had one. They're also helpful for when they hurt themselves, are sick, and have nightmares. They're a great comfort for little people.

mumbron is offline Actions speak louder than words!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids have always had a special blanket and teddy to take to bed with them, I have never thought of it being a distraction in the way that they wouldn't go to sleep but a comforter to feel safe with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd1 has one, dd2 doesn't, but she's attached to ME, lol... Anyway, my advice is to insist, right from day 1 that it stays in bed, and is just for sleeping. Dd1 takes hers with her everywhere, and it is not a toy that can be replaced. The stress and anxiety we have both experienced while desperately running through shops looking for this lost toy is just not worth it!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

debsch  (21-03-2014)