+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Late night naps= late bedtime=crazy mummy.Help!

Hi guys, 11 mo DD is the definition of a crappy sleeper. She's never slept more than a couple of hours in a row (in fact we've failed sleep school 3 times and have just been told to ride it out). Lately she's really altered the pattern of her days and likes to take a late night nap at about 9.30 and then won't go to bed until about 2.00 am. It's driving me nuts. 11 months of sleep deprivation and 10+ wake ups a night is killing me.
    So here's some background info. She has almost no routine. No matter how much I try to implement one, she resists and sleeps whenever and where ever she drops. We cannot put her down to sleep. Nobody (not sleep school, midwives, various family and friends) has ever been able to get her to sleep unless she is exhausted and semi comatose. She probably only sleeps 8 hours total a day. She's underweight but developmentally ok, and is extremely strong willed. We co-sleep, because its the only way I can maintain some semblance of sanity.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop the late evening nap and its follow on effect? Given that we have no way to actually put her to sleep, do people think I should wake her? Keep her awake? Wake her up from morning naps? Any ideas are hugely appreciated!,
    Sorry if this is a bit garbled...my brain is fried

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't know but it sounds like your DD is a bit unique so I guess you're going to have to do a bit of trial and error. What time does she usually sleep before her late nap?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Have you been to see a paed? It sounds really, really tough! Have you ever discussed Melatonin therapy with anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unique is the word. There's no real pattern to her sleeps. Misskittyfantastico, we do see a paed but he's pretty useless. No-one's discussed melatonin therapy with me. Think I'll head off to doctor google.... Thanks for replying guys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    If sleep school hasn't worked that many times, is find a new paed, sounds like there's something else going on.

What do you put him down at 7 and he wakes at 9:30? Why is he awake so long? What do you do when he wakes at 9:30?