+ Reply to Thread

Default Student Midwife seeking Women to Support in Melbourne

Hi BubHub'ers,

My name is Jade and I'm a student at ACU studying my Bachelor of Midwifery.

I'm posting on this site as I'm looking for pregnant women to partner for my Continuity of Care Experience (a program designed to enable student midwives to gain experience
    whilst studying). Overall its a really beneficial program for both the student and pregnant woman!

The program involves me, the student midwife providing women centred support in conjunction with a qualified midwife. I would be there to provide support (free!) to you for 20 hours during your pregnancy by attending appointments, both antenatal and postnatal and if you were happy for me to so, attend the birth. Attending the birth is your choice though and I would be more than ok to just attend appointments with you so that I can learn as much as I can from your experiences. All information gained from my interactions with you is completely confidential and you can withdraw from the program at anytime you wish.

I live in the inner west of Melbourne so would ideally love to hear from women in the inner/outer West, but I am also happy to travel within reason too so if you live in the inner northern or the inner eastern suburbs don't let that put you off contacting me - I’m just so excited to be starting this course and want to connect with women who really value midwifery support.

If you are less than 35 week into your pregnancy and think a program like this would be beneficial then I would love to hear from you. Even if you’d like to have a chat to find out more about the CCE program then please contact me.

I hope to hear from some of you soon!

Last edited by JadeMacLeod; 24-03-2014 at 12:34.