+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Counting calories

Hi bub hubbers!

Does anyone on here count calories at all? If so what are your stats? Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I count calories using the app my fitness pal.

Reasonable success. But the biggest benefit is learning what is better for you when doing food comparisons.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! I use my fitness pal too, i love it! Im currently eating around 1600 calories a day and burning around 2600 a day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Before my pregnancy, from March 2012 to December 2012 I used the My Fitness Pal iPhone app and lost about 6kg which helped me get to a healthy pre-pregnancy weight and remain a healthy weight throughout pregnancy. I didn't exercise more than a walk 2-3 times a week.

I swear by the app and found it wonderful. Of course it can be tedious writing in everything you eat daily, but I found that after a couple of weeks it became habit. I love to bake so still ate cake/cookies etc, but it helped me realise how to balance what I ate to stick to my calorie count each day. Post-baby I've been EBF, and losing the pregnancy weight wasn't an issue cos of the feeding, so I haven't used the app in ages. Once baby weans, I may start using it again if I get above my healthy weight range again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I eat about 1500-1600 cal a day but exercise four times a week so burn 250-300 cal each session. One day a week I have a cheat day where I eat 1800-1900 cal.

I'm aiming for overall health improvement that I can always maintain

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I use my fitness pal to count calories, I had a lot of success with it after my DD was born and have recently got back into it. I eat pretty low calorie usually between 1000-1200 calories over 3 meals and 3 small snacks. I love the fitness pal app coz it really makes you think whether you actually need that chocolate/cake/chips when you see how many calories it has!

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    nope! Im sure its good to keep an idea of how much intake you are getting but calories are not as important as the actual food u are eating.
    example: brown bread / rice is higher in calories than white bread but is nutritionally better for you.
    Thats why I dont count. If you eat whole, fresh and clean you dont need to count

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app