+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I use a range of MCN including my little ripple, itti bitti, bambooty, bumgenius. For value for money and ease I would definitely recommend 'my little ripple'. I find they fit great, can be used from newborn to toddler and are CHEAP!

I use cloth wipes - so easy as I have them in a container with some boiled water and a couple of drops of essential oil (usually lavender and chamomile) and they last around 3 days. Wash the wipes with the nappies so it is really easy.

I dry pail, flick of poo solids in toilet and if they are really pooey I rinse off before pailing. I wash with soap nuts which are really cost effective and great to wash nappies with. Add a couple of drops of tea tree oil (not necessary but I like to).

I think MCN can be as easy or hard as you make it... I don't find them to be hard work at all. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much everyone! I am loving the idea of the My little ripple range and plan to invest in some but how many do I need for FT cloth nappy use? I'm ok with having to wash everyday if need be but wonder about them being dry in time for the next day? So how many would I buy to make sure I have enough to keep going even if I have some on the line, I'm thinking of drying times in winter being a bit longer?! Thanks so so much!
    And to the lady that suggested the reusable wipes system THANKS! Love it! An awesome set up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I buy Chinese cheapies on eBay just for the shell. Then I use good quality bamboo liners I bought seperately. Unless your buying the one with the 'poo fence' (can't remember the brand?) I think they are all generally similar. It's the liner that's important IMO.
    Then I also use a flushable bamboo liner to flush the poo away so I don't have to wash pooy nappies.

One thing I have learnt is not to put them in the drier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're not sure, I'd maybe start with 20 or so. We have 15 and my DS would go through those in two days so I wash daily to make sure we don't run out, but if you want a bit of leeway, I'd buy a few more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd get 18-24 to ensure you have enough. I recently bought my sil 10 with double inserts and it was around the $50mark
    Eta it was $56.99 posted. Thats with the micro fibre inserts. You could get 20 nappies and 40 inserts for $110. I use the home brand liners from woolies & have made liners out of minky & flannelette

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by PinkPopsicle; 20-03-2014 at 15:05.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Some of my mcns take ages to dry on the line of its not really sunny. 20-24 is a good number but maybe more over winter if you don't have a dryer.

Are you thinking of getting osfm or sized? You'll need more if you get sized once they grow out of then.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app