+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Starting to think about the end of pregnancy decisions...

Okay...currently 23weeks with our last child.
    I have a blood clotting disorder (FVL), +ANA and two previous pph.
    1cs and 2VBACs.

Is it fine to go another natural or should I be considering something else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a rough decision. Are you on any medications? For me, I was only allowed to go to 37 weeks, would have to be induced, and could only stop my anti coagulant injections for 30 hours (so would have to be induced and give birth in a 30 hour window, where my body was not looking anywhere near ready)... This combined with a bilobate placenta, I decided it was very unlikely to be successful, and carried too high a risk and went with a C section. I have never seen a more relieved OB when I made that decision.
    It is just so personal with so many variables..... Good luck with your birth, what ever you choose :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zabella For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (20-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you.

Another hubber has let me know my blood clotting disorder may affect the placenta at the end and this might be why my ob doesn't want me past the due date.

I was on clexane for 3 months but had to stop due to an internal bleed. Just on aspirin now. Thankfully the blood vessels were large enough by then that they have stayed open and I have mid-range +ANA (640). Still hoping the aspirin is enough to keep things flowing at this stage in pregnancy as it wasn't early on in our other pregnancies that we lost. We haven't talked about when I have to stop it, but I am interested in staying on it a bit post-partum as I had a seizure when in early stages of pregnancy with twins due to higher oestrogen.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 20-03-2014 at 06:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The post partum period is one of the higher risk times for clots too, so always better safe than sorry. I was really comfortable with my OB and just asked lots if questions. I have SLE and Lupus Anticoagulant, so estrogen is also a big factor in my clotting.
    I took Asprin, Clexane and high dose Folate as well as steroids right up to the day before my C section, and my placenta held up well, but it is why my OB didn't want me to go past 37 weeks.
    Good luck! Such an exiting time, you will get to meet bub soon ;-)
    Last edited by Zabella; 20-03-2014 at 19:52.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zabella For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (21-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabella View Post
    The post partum period is one of the higher risk times for clots too, so always better safe than sorry. I was really comfortable with my OB and just asked lots if questions. I have SLE and Lupus Anticoagulant, so estrogen is also a big factor in my clotting.
    I took Asprin, Clexane and high dose Folate as well as steroids right up to the day before my C section, and my placenta held up well, but it is why my OB didn't want me to go past 37 weeks.
    Good luck! Such an exiting time, you will get to meet bub soon ;-)
    Thanks Zabella!
    Yes, I definitely want to avoid clots post-partum and will be sure to bring this up with him as it really scared me when I had the seizure and really want to be around to see our kids grow.

We haven't asked too many "end" questions just yet as my last appt was at 21 weeks (only 2 weeks past one of our miscarriages) and so have just been focusing on getting a viable, healthy baby and keeping the blood flow happening to the placenta.

It will be interesting to see if bub comes on time now! Only one of our bubs has come exactly on time. I guess the question I will be asking him is if I don't go into labour prior to my due date then how will bubs be born - via mechanical induction (due to previous c section) or straight to c-section.

Thank you for your insight.