+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ^Lol!

From what I've read, the nub (the willy looking protrusion) either turns into girly bits or a penis... Meaning that at 12 weeks it is possible to accurately depict the gender based on the angle of the nub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeish View Post
    I genuinely am flabbergasted that any scan place would attempt a guess at gender at 12 weeks!

I think it's almost unethical, and whilst this thread has plenty of right guesses, they remain just that - GUESSES. And when the sonographer has a 50/50 chance of guessing right, then you would need a huge test sample to see if they could actually tell gender correctly, rather than just being lucky guesses. Anything else is just anecdotal.

I'm sure a lot of expectant parents would understand that it was just a guess and that it might change, but at the same time I think there would be an equal amount that were set on the gender and any change would come as a shock/disappointment.
    Said beautifully

3. The Following User Says Thank You to laurenlauren For This Useful Post:

LouLaa  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    I was told at 14 weeks a girl I was sceptical that they could even see that early at 20 weeks we discovered she was in fact a girl still I don't believe they can tell that early and it was most likely a lucky guess. I have how ever used the gender pee test and it came back as a girl for the same pregnancy. I didn't bother to use it again for my DS as I had a feeling from the start he was a boy.

Tell me more about the gender pee test??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LouLaa View Post
    Tell me more about the gender pee test??
    I bought mine from a terry white chemist you pretty much pee in a cup first thing in the morning you can't have sex for 48 hours prior it mixes with something hold for girl blue for boy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

LouLaa  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pee tests, pendulum dangling ect, ect should all be taken with a pinch of salt.

There is more to just 'guessing' with the nub theory- but decide for yourselves..

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2009/06/...n-at-12-weeks/

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have a good 2D side on nub shot from about 12weeks5 days to 14 weeks, it an be really accurate. I did the blue or pink test (it was about $50!!) from the chemist (pee test) and it said girl, and that was DS2. The red cabbage and baking soda tests were accurate for me. All the best.ps: Just saw you picture and I don't think I can see any gender clues- may be a little late for nub shot.
    Last edited by littleriv; 28-03-2014 at 13:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They got it right with my daughter but wrong with this pregnancy. I was 100% convinced it was a girl - the OB did a scan and told me it was a girl at 12 weeks. Sonographer though didn't tell me the sex at the 12 week scan because she had got it wrong so many times. I sent my 12 week scan to a psychic and she told me it is a girl! 19 week scan got a big shock to find out it is a boy!