Closed Thread
Page 88 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Am I being ripped off ?!?!?

I was just looking at older ivf forums and found one which compared $$ at different clinics. Admittedly it started in 2009 but I am horrified to see how cheap some of them are compared to my incredibly expensive clinic. Am I being ripped off ??

A full ivf cycle with ICSI costs me roughly $9500 - out of pocket about $3300 (plus $600 if they freeze any embies)
    The hospital and anaesthetist are around $1800 - out of pocket $100 because of private health cover

A FET costs me out of pocket around $1500

This whole journey has completely destroyed me financially and now it looks like I've gone to the dearest clinic in the universe ??? And if the FET fails, my next step is a donor egg cycle which I'm told will have me out of pocket around $15,000 ! They have a 6-12 month wait which seems remarkably short to me so that may make it worthwhile, but $15,000 ?!?!?!? This is really making me cranky this morning. >

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    I was just looking at older ivf forums and found one which compared $$ at different clinics. Admittedly it started in 2009 but I am horrified to see how cheap some of them are compared to my incredibly expensive clinic. Am I being ripped off ??

A full ivf cycle with ICSI costs me roughly $9500 - out of pocket about $3300 (plus $600 if they freeze any embies)
    The hospital and anaesthetist are around $1800 - out of pocket $100 because of private health cover

This whole journey has completely destroyed me financially and now it looks like I've gone to the dearest clinic in the universe ??? And if the FET fails, my next step is a donor egg cycle which I'm told will have me out of pocket around $15,000 ! They have a 6-12 month wait which seems remarkably short to me so that may make it worthwhile, but $15,000 ?!?!?!? This is really making me cranky this morning. >
    it's an exy journey to say the least! Your stim cycle is nearly 2 grand more but your fet less. Maybe yours is a super sophisticated clinic and highly specialized docs and nurses and scientists ? Dunno, it sux that it costs soooo much and with no guarantees. 😞

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babygirl7 View Post
    Hi ladies, hope you all had a lovely Easter.

Warning TMI!
    AFM: 6dp3dft think I may have had a tiny bit of spotting today, few spots of brownish blood in cervical mucus and the snotty yellow mucus. Never had spotting before so I'm not sure and I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm just thinking every symptom is from the progesterone. Just got to stay positive in this crazy tww and counting down till POAS on Friday and BT on Saturday. FX
    Sounds promising. My first symptom was some spotting on the TP at 3dp5dt so roughly the same time. Fingers Crossed for you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellydance For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    which clinic are you with?

Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingerscrossd11 View Post
    which clinic are you with?
    Sunshine Coast IVF

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies, went to the toilet this morning and there was more brownish blood when I wiped, more than yesterday. Should I be worried? I don't think it's AF, as she usually starts with pink/red. But I don't know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babygirl7 View Post
    Thanks Ladies, went to the toilet this morning and there was more brownish blood when I wiped, more than yesterday. Should I be worried? I don't think it's AF, as she usually starts with pink/red. But I don't know
    I wouldn't think it's af and implant bleeding can last a few days x

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rtropps For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babygirl7 i would say nothing to worry about with brownish blood. No doubt you are now on 'wipe watch' which is very stressful and time consuming.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lizlh For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtropps View Post
    I wouldn't think it's af and implant bleeding can last a few days x

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
    @babygirl7 My understanding is the longer the blood has been sitting there, the browner it is, so its probably a couple of days old, it just takes a while to work itself down when its only a small qty. I'm still thinking implant bleeding.
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 22-04-2014 at 11:09.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies & @lizlh I will be on wipe watch 😳 feeling anxious as I just don't know.