Closed Thread
Page 85 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    @blossom1 - ahhh, friends and the ivf journey ... It's a toughie! I told my close group of girlfriends initially, but I've had to stop talking about it because they just don't get it and say stuff which I find really hard to deal with - and I know they don't mean it. All my friends have kids - it doesn't help them understand unfortunately. One of them (who has 3) the very first thing she said after my ectopic/first miscarriage was, 'but that's awesome!' She meant because that meant I was able to get pregnant ... That ectopic was the only embryo I've ever had ... Not really so awesome I also got a lot of 'just relax -it'll happen', and 'have you tried taking a holiday?' And a lot of blasé 'ivf' magically gives everyone a baby -you'll be fine, type attitude... Mainly they didn't understand the need to grieve the losses of a cycle (and now, the loss of never having my own biological child), they didn't understand that you can't just be Pollyanna through this whole thing, some days you are really flat, or sad, or exhausted by it, and that it really is okay to say so without backing it up immediately with cheery optimism. I know my friends are now very conscious I'm not sharing, but that's just how it has to be. Good luck with it
    wow that's a doozy vix after your mc! So crap you had to go through that. Wouldn't it be nice if friends just simply said "im so sorry, it's really sad and crap and im here for you"...guess humans are uncomfortable just "sitting in the rubble with you"...all in all im kind of glad it's not just me experiencing this though i wish you didn't have to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ladies I got a big fat NEGATIVE this morning after my 5dt on Tuesday so I'm day 6. Does anyone think that it could possibly be wrong and iv tested to early, my bt is on Thursday, I'm actually ok (gutted but ok) but my husband it taking it soooooo bad and we r fighting about it all day as he like to put so much blame on our clinic who to be honest have been useless from day one, we only had two embryos so if the next one fails we will have to do about 4 cycles in hope to get a couple of eggs to transfer. So could my bt be a different result or being realistic have I just got my first bfn

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Rtropps sorry about your BFN but I really do believe it's too early to give up! You could have a late implanter. Keep thinking positive thoughts and I'll have my fingers crossed for you for Thursday

AFM fully compacted day 5 embie (slow developer)transferred this morning. Of our other 2 embies one has stopped growing and the other has slowed at 14 cells so we'll find out tomorrow if it can be frozen. Enter the 2ww basket case stage

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @que sera sera !! And yes @Rtropps still quite early - do nt give up hope yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtropps View Post
    I ladies I got a big fat NEGATIVE this morning after my 5dt on Tuesday so I'm day 6. Does anyone think that it could possibly be wrong and iv tested to early, my bt is on Thursday, I'm actually ok (gutted but ok) but my husband it taking it soooooo bad and we r fighting about it all day as he like to put so much blame on our clinic who to be honest have been useless from day one, we only had two embryos so if the next one fails we will have to do about 4 cycles in hope to get a couple of eggs to transfer. So could my bt be a different result or being realistic have I just got my first bfn

sorry to hear 😞 from my experience of first bfn with ivf i knew mine was not going to turn positive after even though everyone was saying to be positive, so i would say trust yourself and hope for the best! You never know how these things can go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by que sera sera View Post
    Oh @Rtropps sorry about your BFN but I really do believe it's too early to give up! You could have a late implanter. Keep thinking positive thoughts and I'll have my fingers crossed for you for Thursday

AFM fully compacted day 5 embie (slow developer)transferred this morning. Of our other 2 embies one has stopped growing and the other has slowed at 14 cells so we'll find out tomorrow if it can be frozen. Enter the 2ww basket case stage
    Thanks.. Made me feel better, well good luck with your tww and don't test to early lol fingers crossed for your other emby so let's hope it good to freeze x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh feeling v bloated / full. Which is obviously stressing me out for OHSS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lizlh View Post
    Ugh feeling v bloated / full. Which is obviously stressing me out for OHSS
    wh

stage are u at Hun? Is it day 6/7 of stims? Poor you...have u had ohss before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blossom day 6. No, never had OHSS but last stim cycle they cancelled after EPU as they got too many eggs and I was at risk. I just don't want that to happen again. US in the morning. I'm probably over stressing.., again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lizlh View Post
    @Blossom day 6. No, never had OHSS but last stim cycle they cancelled after EPU as they got too many eggs and I was at risk. I just don't want that to happen again. US in the morning. I'm probably over stressing.., again

oh good you have US in morning, that will sort you out. Of course you would be stressed Hun but they will be watching you and will slow it right down if those follies are going mad...xx