Closed Thread
Page 84 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @blossom1 hun I'm sorry your not getting the support you need from your friends, I just don't think they have a actual understanding of the emotional/mental journey that ivf is. Me and DF haven't told anyone of our journey, not even his mum and dad and we live in the same house. I find it hard but as long as I have DF to lean on that's all that matters, sounds like you have the perfect rock you husband too. But honestly I don't know where I would be with out bub hub, this forum is my lifesaver. Here any time you need a chat hun, I'm just a pm away. take it easy xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    Hi ladies, I wanted to say hi!
    I am in the midst of a frozen cycle.
    I am scheduled for double transfer on Thursday - starting progesterone tomorrow.
    Fingers crossed they thaw out (we are having 2 transferred)
    @trytrytry good luck for Thursday !! Are they day 3 embies?
    And a big congratulations to @Zimbaby

Me 41 DH 44, both healthy, just running out of time
    Jan 13, egg freeze, 10 retrieved
    Jun 13 EPU plus fert of frozen eggs, 2 transferred, 3 frozen, BFN
    Aug 13, EPU 2 transferred, BFP, m/c due to downs
    Nov 13, EPU transfer cancelled, 2 more frosties
    Feb 14, first FET, 2 transferred, BFN
    April 14, EPU, transfer cancelled, 1 more frosty
    May 14, next FET .... Watch this space

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @babygirl17 @Zimbaby @Rtroops thanks for taking the time to reply, i really appreciate it xxx so great to hear how you each approach it, its given me some things to think about. I read an amazing article recently where this woman was advocating that people come out of the dark about their ivf journey as it only increases isolation and this stigma around ivf and imposed silence around ivf, placing the couple into an isolation tank. Considering ivf is considered one of THE most stressful things you can do she said we need to be brave and step out of this imposed isolation so IF is given the care and support that any other medical condition would be. She has a point i think. Most other medical conditions get flowers and support, not usually ivf. Food for thought 😊💕

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blossom1 For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @blossom1 I have to say I agree with the comments that a lot of people just don't understand both the process, and how hard it is. I'm lucky that all my family and the few friends I've told are all incredibly interested in how it works and how I'm going. Probably mainly because I'm an over sharer so they all now have a good idea of what happens and what it means. Hang in there.

Me 41 DH 44, both healthy, just running out of time
    Jan 13, egg freeze, 10 retrieved
    Jun 13 EPU plus fert of frozen eggs, 2 transferred, 3 frozen, BFN
    Aug 13, EPU 2 transferred, BFP, m/c due to downs
    Nov 13, EPU transfer cancelled, 2 more frosties
    Feb 14, first FET, 2 transferred, BFN
    April 14, EPU, transfer cancelled, 1 more frosty
    May 14, next FET .... Watch this space

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @leyshoja so glad your family and friends are supportive. I think I've decided to just tell a few select friends and mum and dad and forget the rest. Well from now on anyway!😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had my first ultrasound I'm
    Day 8 of stimming on an antagonist cycle I have 9-10
    Follicles my biggest if 14 but on average there between 10-12 my ovaries are apparently very high up the scan was SOoo painful :-( this is my first cycle is this good news or bad news ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by rachie5 View Post
    Follicles my biggest if 14 but on average there between 10-12 my ovaries are apparently very high up the scan was SOoo painful :-( this is my first cycle is this good news or bad news ?

good! About same stats as me...i got 13 eggs , 9 snow babies. You're looking good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by rachie5 View Post
    not sure about the high ovary thing though, my Fs didn't mention anything about that for me. Do you have endometriosis? That can causes painful scans 😒

Thanks
    Reviews
    @rachie5 its perfectly normal. They move around in there as they're not fixed in place. Ur intestine can even twist around and make it difficult to find them. Apparently the bigger ur follies get, the more pronounced ur ovaries become and the easier they are to find

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @blossom1 - ahhh, friends and the ivf journey ... It's a toughie! I told my close group of girlfriends initially, but I've had to stop talking about it because they just don't get it and say stuff which I find really hard to deal with - and I know they don't mean it. All my friends have kids - it doesn't help them understand unfortunately. One of them (who has 3) the very first thing she said after my ectopic/first miscarriage was, 'but that's awesome!' She meant because that meant I was able to get pregnant ... That ectopic was the only embryo I've ever had ... Not really so awesome I also got a lot of 'just relax -it'll happen', and 'have you tried taking a holiday?' And a lot of blasé 'ivf' magically gives everyone a baby -you'll be fine, type attitude... Mainly they didn't understand the need to grieve the losses of a cycle (and now, the loss of never having my own biological child), they didn't understand that you can't just be Pollyanna through this whole thing, some days you are really flat, or sad, or exhausted by it, and that it really is okay to say so without backing it up immediately with cheery optimism. I know my friends are now very conscious I'm not sharing, but that's just how it has to be. Good luck with it