Closed Thread
Page 72 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nvandmv View Post
    @leyshoja for a 3day emby the FET is done 3 days after you ovulate exactly so the emby age matches the time you are through your cycle exactly. My cycles are usually 31 days long, so I ovulate around cd17, trf cd20. If you do the LH surge pee test or a blood test, you ovulate the day after you get a positive result from the LH test, therefore a 3 day trf would be done 4 days from the surge (positive result on the pee test). Hope this helps
    @nvandmv thats exactly what I thought. Wonder how they are able to do it 2 or 3 days later than that without hindering the process...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja for a 3day emby the FET is done 3 days after you ovulate exactly so the emby age matches the time you are through your cycle exactly. My cycles are usually 31 days long, so I ovulate around cd17, trf cd20. If you do the LH surge pee test or a blood test, you ovulate the day after you get a positive result from the LH test, therefore a 3 day trf would be done 4 days from the surge (positive result on the pee test). Hope this helps
    Does your clinic actually make you do the LH test, or they just tell you the dates up front because they are familiar with your cycle length?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @blossom1 so sorry to hear about your BFN. It's never easy but I agree with what one of the other ladies said (sorry - on my phone & can't go back to check who!) the first is the hardest.

AFM got the call this morning to say of our 7 mature eggs only 3 fertilised. Feeling despondent and anxious that maybe none will survive til ET on Mon.

Wishing everyone a relaxed and happy Easter break, whatever stage of the process you're at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja for a FET I have an ultrasound done to check out the lining etc, then from that they tell me when to start the pee test for the LH surge, when I get a positive pee test result i have a blood test to confirm the lh levels are where they need to be, and from that they pinpoint when I ovulate and when the transfer will be. That's been the process for every FET I've had.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by que sera sera View Post
    @blossom1 so sorry to hear about your BFN. It's never easy but I agree with what one of the other ladies said (sorry - on my phone & can't go back to check who!) the first is the hardest.

AFM got the call this morning to say of our 7 mature eggs only 3 fertilised. Feeling despondent and anxious that maybe none will survive til ET on Mon.

Wishing everyone a relaxed and happy Easter break, whatever stage of the process you're at.
    Thats not great new @que sera sera but 3 is waaaaay better than none! They are already over their first major hurdle and have started dividing. Go embies go.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

que sera sera  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja for a FET I have an ultrasound done to check out the lining etc, then from that they tell me when to start the pee test for the LH surge, when I get a positive pee test result i have a blood test to confirm the lh levels are where they need to be, and from that they pinpoint when I ovulate and when the transfer will be. That's been the process for every FET I've had.
    Wow, thats way more detailed than my clinic Now I'm worried they are not being careful enough. I have a scan around CD11 to make sure my lining is going to be thick enough, then transfer happens around CD17-20 ish. Last time it was correct at CD17, bu this time its CD19 or 20, I suspect its slightly longer because it would have been due on the Sat or Sunday and they don't do them on the weekends (

Thanks
    Reviews
    No other scans or blood tests Just the one scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    No other scans or blood tests Just the one scan.
    Do they get you to do a pee test for LH? My clinic does one scan then pee tests and depending on how you go with them they may just take that or do another scan or BT or both.

So I just typed my details into an internet calculator and if this does turn out to be a viable pregnancy my due date would be Christmas day

Thanks
    Reviews
    For FET my clinic does BTs to test to pin point ovulation (often consecutive days) and then transfer 5 days after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Jeeeeezzz my clinic absolutely, positively, without question will NOT put in more than 2 !! I've begged and pleaded to everyone, to no avail. Good luck - you've got triple chance of success this time !
    Normally it's 2 (day 3's) but meets the criteria to have more put in (age, quality, no bfp's etc)
    She is a top fs who keeps herself and her nurses up to date in their training so we trust her judgement.