Closed Thread
Page 39 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @lizlh from what I've read, preg signs can feel exaclty like AF. All so confusing.

I'm a shocker when it comes to symptom spotting. Have had many months when I am convinced that I have all the symptoms but then nothing. This month I have been trying to tell myself that imagining symptoms will not make me any more pregnant so I just need to not imagine them up. But I didn't imagine the blood... Off to the loo again to check for more...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh the old spending the day in the bathroom checking for blood trick @Bellydance been there.

Yes, it is so confusing. I was so convinced last month I was pregnant but all my 'symptoms' were just pre-AF symptoms. That is why I'm trying to not read into anything at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellydance View Post
    Oooh my goodness.
    So I was just reading this thread and thinking @blossom1 that sounds like a promising sign of implantation bleeding, yay for you. I was also thinking that even if I do get pregnant I am sure I will not get implantation bleeding (didn't with my early m/c so assume I won't with any).
    Then went to the bathroom and loe and behold when I wiped there was blood!!! Could it be implantation??????? (3dp5dt)
    Or very early AF signs :-( It would be very early for AF.
    Ahhh head spin.

oh gawd all of us Are going through it aren't we!!!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blossom1 For This Useful Post:

Bellydance  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hang in there @Bellydance and @lizlh, its traumatic at the best of times isn't it.
    Just got off the phone to the clinic and the 'other options' they are referring to are donor eggs . I have 4 frosties so they are suggesting I do two x 2 FET's then after that I am probably throwing my money away on another EPU but they will do it if I still choose to.
    Still, on a brighter note, it looks like my next FET will be in only 3 weeks

Just fyi, the reason they are happy to go back to back with the EPU then FET is because I didn't stimulate up heaps. I only had 6 follicles, but if I had had 10 or more they would have suggested letting my body rest for a month.
    Another interesting bit of info I got out of the FN, I asked why they don't test progesterone levels on a FET and she said that the follicles create the progesterone and because they are preventing my own follicle growth (with ethinyl oestradiol tablets), I will not produce any progesterone. Makes sense I guess.
    Boy, there's always something new to learn about this stuff...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (12-04-2014),Bellydance  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja That's iteresting. I did an EPU with 24 eggs and ended up with mild OHSS. They did a fresh transfer anyway which was BFN then backed it up with a FET the next month, also BFN. I am now wondering if I should have rested my body for a month before going into the FET. Oh well can't go back now.

I also asked my FS about progesterone with a FET. He said that with fresh cycles you need progesterone because the folicles won't produce enough following EPU but with a frozen it depends whether you are ovulating. If you are ovulating your body should produce enough (althuogh some people will take extra just in case anyway) but if you're not ovulating (or as in your case I guess where they are stopping the folicles from growing) then you need the support.

your 4 frosties are all nice and strong and give you the result you are after.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bellydance For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (12-04-2014),JulieMalooley  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Hang in there @Bellydance and @lizlh, its traumatic at the best of times isn't it.
    Just got off the phone to the clinic and the 'other options' they are referring to are donor eggs . I have 4 frosties so they are suggesting I do two x 2 FET's then after that I am probably throwing my money away on another EPU but they will do it if I still choose to.
    Still, on a brighter note, it looks like my next FET will be in only 3 weeks

Just fyi, the reason they are happy to go back to back with the EPU then FET is because I didn't stimulate up heaps. I only had 6 follicles, but if I had had 10 or more they would have suggested letting my body rest for a month.
    Another interesting bit of info I got out of the FN, I asked why they don't test progesterone levels on a FET and she said that the follicles create the progesterone and because they are preventing my own follicle growth (with ethinyl oestradiol tablets), I will not produce any progesterone. Makes sense I guess.
    Boy, there's always something new to learn about this stuff...
    Actually, its more like 2 and a half weeks, but who's counting

Thanks
    Reviews
    A bit of advice please, so I have 4 frozen 3 day old embies, planning on doing a transfer in a few weeks but the clinic are divided on whether I should just thaw and transfer while they are 3 days old, or culture them to day 5, and potentially lose some, to see which are the best then transfer at 5 days old.

FS recommends culture to 5 days
    FN recommends stay at 3 days
    Scientist is 50/50.

DH will have no clue so I'm pretty much on my own here..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    A bit of advice please, so I have 4 frozen 3 day old embies, planning on doing a transfer in a few weeks but the clinic are divided on whether I should just thaw and transfer while they are 3 days old, or culture them to day 5, and potentially lose some, to see which are the best then transfer at 5 days old.

FS recommends culture to 5 days
    FN recommends stay at 3 days
    Scientist is 50/50.

DH will have no clue so I'm pretty much on my own here..

i wouldn't try and grow them out, as i said before, average embies make lovely babies and there is mixed science regarding embies being back in mum vs being in the lab and not potentially making it in the lab. Id transfer 2 😊 as they are.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to blossom1 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @blossom1 thats what I'm leaning towards...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree...if it was up to me id rather risk them not growing inside of me than in the lab....GL with your decision. Important thing is, once you decide - just back yourself and don't second guess etc ⭐️

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsJoey For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (11-04-2014)