Closed Thread
Page 29 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Its so frustrating that they can't just easily tell which ones are good and which are the duds. it would save us all so much time and money !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Its so frustrating that they can't just easily tell which ones are good and which are the duds. it would save us all so much time and money !

yes, one of the oh so fun, head screwy parts of ivf. At our clinic they don't bother telling you. I prefer it that way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah mine are a bit like that too, but I press them for details. I want to know all the ins and outs but I'm a bit of an over-analyser.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah mine are a bit like that too, but I press them for details. I want to know all the ins and outs but I'm a bit of an over-analyser.

can relate to over analysis! I'm a counsellor for a living so know that if i have too much info on my darling embies then I'll go batty analysing everything and leave my DH alone while i am having an affair with Dr google!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blossom1 For This Useful Post:

MrsJoey  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is one thing I can't work out... this cycle is 'cancelled' due to high progesterone, but if the embryo is NOT suitable to freeze they will transfer anyway rather than discard. Ok, I get that bit. BUT why do they tell me to stay on the meds until we know either way? I would have thought if my progesterone is too high then I should stop the progesterone tablets, pessaries and gels !! Surely this would make sense ?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom1 View Post
    can relate to over analysis! I'm a counsellor for a living so know that if i have too much info on my darling embies then I'll go batty analysing everything and leave my DH alone while i am having an affair with Dr google!
    I don't think theres anything else I can possibly google. I'm all googled out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think theres anything else I can possibly google. I'm all googled out.

hehehe 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, why so much progesterone? Tablets, pessaries AND gel ?? Seems like overkill to me. Its probably obvious, but I am not a fan of progesterone any more. I'm wondering, if my last two EPU cycles had high progesterone causing them to cancel, how do I know the FET I did between them didnt have the same problem. I wonder why they don't check progesterone levels on a FET...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    yes, I'd like to know why I am having the double dose of pregynal and crinone! both myself and DH think it's overkill! anyway, no more. It makes me too sick, I have made the decision to not have it regardless of FS to have it...he won't though, nurses said he will be fine with it (she thinks anyway). Here's a strange thing which I wonder if progesterone is ALSO responsible for...I cannot get enough salt and lemon and tomatos. Everyday I have eaten a whole plate of tomatoes with a fair whack of salt and pepper and just now I ate a whole lemon! it's really odd balls! and now I want a whole bowl of lemons!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom1 View Post
    yes, I'd like to know why I am having the double dose of pregynal and crinone! both myself and DH think it's overkill! anyway, no more. It makes me too sick, I have made the decision to not have it regardless of FS to have it...he won't though, nurses said he will be fine with it (she thinks anyway). Here's a strange thing which I wonder if progesterone is ALSO responsible for...I cannot get enough salt and lemon and tomatos. Everyday I have eaten a whole plate of tomatoes with a fair whack of salt and pepper and just now I ate a whole lemon! it's really odd balls! and now I want a whole bowl of lemons!
    Hmmm, that IS weird. I never had any cravings like that on the progesterone.. whats in the pregnyl ? Is that progesterone too? I'm pretty sure there are people out there somewhere that have fallen pregnant without all that progesterone ...