+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy feelings back 6 months after birth. Just period returning?

Hi all.

I'm breastfeeding my just 6 month old and in the past few weeks have been feeling a bit sick like I did when I was pregnant, and my tummy that had just started to flatten down a bit, has come back with a vengeance. It looks like iv gone back to how I looked 4 to 5 months into pregnancy before. (I took a long time to show) I also feel flutter movements. I have taken pregnancy tests all pretty much say negative. Haven't been using contraception, and wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. Although I think it's unlikely to be pregnancy.

If it were. It'd be at least 14 weeks along. Or 8ish weeks. Lol. Doesn't happen often these days :-P but pretty sure it'd be easily picked up in urine by now.

What I'd like to know is if maybe my period is starting to kick back into gear and that's what it is. Is this what people have experienced when their period first came back after giving birth? Thanks :-)

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I weaned DS1 at 6 months. My period didn't return.....instead I got a BFP and 9 months later, he got a little brother

After DS2 I remember them being irregular and heavy. I then went back on the pill.

Keep testing xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LouLaa For This Useful Post:

Alipoo  (20-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Howd you go with them so close together? Rekon it'd be really good, hard but good for the kids too. Do u think that the tests should be positive by now though? It'd be 8 to 15 weeks on if I were pregnant. I know some women don't get a positive urine test at all, but I got positive a week before my period was due with my little dude.

Just lots of symptoms that I got when I was pregnant. Could just be period coming back.

Last edited by Alipoo; 20-03-2014 at 10:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Perhaps go see your GP for a blood test?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

Alipoo  (21-03-2014),LouLaa  (20-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree, make an appointment with your GP and go from there. I've not heard that re: urine tests. At least bloods will give you a definite answer..

I found it quite hard in the early years but they are the best if mates now (5 and 6) and I love them being so close x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LouLaa For This Useful Post:

Alipoo  (21-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I will. I'll wait till next week and go in. I'm still taking pregnancy and breastfeeding multi's, so getting the extra already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go at the GP Alipoo?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't end up going... Been having it a bit rough with my Bub at the moment, so not alot of time on my hands. Plus I'm pretty sure it's just hormonal stuff, to do with my cycles coming back on. Kinda goes on and off. Thankyou for asking. :-)