+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeling stressed, exhausted, sick ... struggling. Do I have to keep hiding it all?!?!

Hi

I'm not an unhappy person - I've been unwell and now really appreciate life, but I am struggling with having no family (or ex, or his family) here, and right now, I'm studying, working and dealing with a beautiful, but anxious 7 yr old who *STILL* takes an hour of my time every night to get to sleep.

She has been the victim of indecent assault and we go back to Court next Wed (the accused had a panic attack last time and the magistrate called it off - this is my first experience of the legal system and I am amazed at how 'unjust' it actually is!!!).

Anyway, the main point is this... how do I /we / you cope, with ongoing constant hard work of running house and kids, constant exhaustion, stress, trying to work etc, with no emotional or family support?!? I don't know about you, but we moved to a new area (which is lovely) and I was hoping to make friends and supportive connections at my daughter's school, but my experience is that people can be friendly but ultimately exclusive when they find out you're a SP, and actually, no one seems to think of being supportive. And I feel like I have to do the up beat happy thing all the time.

Don't get me wrong - I'm actually blessed with a naturally pretty happy disposition, and take pleasure in small things, but right now I just feel like I need multi hugs, and like crying cos I am sooo tired, have a virus, need to study but its too late, my daughter took ages to go to sleep, I have barely any social contact outside of at Uni and my casual job, no one else 'invested' in me or my daughter ie no regular phone calls, visits, shared meals etc... and am looking for encouragement from any of you who, like me, don't have the family back up, social support, or just feel like they're struggling alone and their resources are really low...

Help!
    thx.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi I don't really have any words of wisdom, but couldn't read and not reply/offer support.

I have days like you're saying and they're tough. I have a 2.5 & 1 year old on my own, been that way since I was pregnant with DS2. It's been hard work and I haven't slept a full night in 18mths! I guess I just 'get on with it' because I have to.

Could you take some time out for yourself while your DD is at school? Even just for a quick pedicure or massage?

Miso sorry to read that about your DD, I hope she's doing ok and it wasn't *too* traumatizing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

LizMaya  (20-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I get the false sense of happy. I'm experiencing a very low moment right now- actually, it's been a couple of weeks of up and downs but feel the need to do the "I'm coping" front. I just want to curl up in bed and feel sorry for myself. Dream of what I don't have.

I live in Western Sydney so if you want to get together sometime- let me know.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

LizMaya  (20-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know just how you feel , i wish we could all band together and support one another!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Charlie Bear For This Useful Post:

LizMaya  (20-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending you virtual hugs ( x google million) as my nephew would say

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsJoey For This Useful Post:

LizMaya  (20-03-2014)