+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How ridiculous.

I heard a story (from someone on here actually, don't remember who) of a kid pointing at someone on a train and saying "He's naughty! He drew on himself!". I thought that was adorable

I think a lot of the time people saying things like that THINK they're being friendly/funny. Even if they're not, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. I also find that giving polite and reasonable responses often throws them off: eg. "I don't think that's a particularly vital lesson, but thanks for your concern", or if you're feeling more snarky "I haven't thought about it yet... but I'm thinking of ways to teach my child not to make rude comments to strangers".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol!!! DD is still a bub so we havent had the questions from her but tell our neices/nephews who ask that they are tattoos and you can get them when you are 18 They will often put the temp tattoos or stamps on the same places we have ours (wrist/arm). Kids will draw on themselves regardless I dont think their parent having a tattoo will change that!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have to wonder about some people's brain to mouth function sometimes....who cares if your kid draws on themselves? I used to draw on myself in high school & get in trouble but I'm still too much of wuss to get a tattoo now but I love them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I saw the best shirt the other day that read 'I got 99 problems but my tattoos ain't 1' I contemplated buying it lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha! That's funny. My DH is a tattoo artist , the girls always ask him to draw "tattoos" on them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I would have responded with "lol, it'll wash off. in fact I often give the kids Textas to draw on themselves or colour mine in". In actual fact I often give them some cornflour paint to paint themselves before playing in the paddling pool. They love it! we call them pretend tattoos! Lol

Who cares what others think. Seriously if they have a problem with it, who cares, it's THEIR problem not yours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I shake my head when I hear stories like this. Another stupid, unwarranted comment from a random nosey member of the general public.

Whatever possessed her to open her mouth in the first place is beyond me

Big deal if a child wants to draw on themselves anyway! It's artistic expression and really fun

Thanks
    Reviews
    DF has heaps of tattoos and so do I although mine aren't visible in most cases my cloths. He copped crap off a lady at the hospital when he left an appointment early when I was pregnant with dd. I had to go up to the school and she said "Off to ruin another limb with some more scribble are we?" I told her to go suck a d$&k.

Probably wasn't the best response....
    Angry mummy hormones .. lol...

Thinking about it now sorry if it was any of you....lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Butterscotch; 19-03-2014 at 09:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you could travel back in time I'm sure you'd now have HEAPS to say back to her. And as an artist I wouldn't mind one bit if my child draws on himself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    How rude!!!!! I have tattoos, as does my husband and if anyone dared to say something so moronic like that to one of us I would be so angry!

Like others have said, some people are just a holes and not worth a 2nd thought.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of ink!!!