+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dads with tattoos

So I'm pregnant 21yo dp 25 yo has two full sleeves we were in the waiting room the other day and a lady said to me and my partner how are you going to tell you child not to draw on them self ? Ugggggh WHAT? I just smiled I was so confused and my partner laughed sarcastically ... But afterwards it really got to me how rude !! I was so angry I wish I said something

Has anyone had issues ?? Or when you have bub ?
    Last edited by Wild_flower; 18-03-2014 at 13:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    People are rude. Ignore them.

I know lots of parents with tattoos, as long as they are not offensive I don't see any issue.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (18-03-2014),HeavenBlue  (18-03-2014),Wild_flower  (18-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've resigned to the face that some people are just a holes... The less energy you give them the better

She probably has a REALLY bad tattoo that she'd never show her kids - as opposed to a beautifully artistic sleeve that will intrigue the kids for ages

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ButterflyMa For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (18-03-2014),Wild_flower  (18-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some people are so judgemental.
    I haven't dealt with this type of situation first hand, but I have tattoos, as does my DDs father, and both DDs know what tattoos are and have never even thought to draw on themselves for that reason.
    On the other hand, none of my parents have tattoos, and growing up I used to LOVE drawing pretty pictures on myself. It certainly had nothing to do with tattoos..I had no idea what tattoos were, really.

And at the end of the day, so what if your kid draws on themself? I would SO much prefer that than the walls or furniture!

In the future I'd probably suggest a response such as "At least my child will grow up to not be so judgemental"

People will always find something to stare at.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rarity For This Useful Post:

Wild_flower  (18-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    His ones on his arms are not offensive they are more artistic girls face , koi fish, trees ect...

I was so confused usually I'm witty to peoples bu$&!@$& !! I didn't understand what she meant until we had walked into the appointment . Just makes me angry !! So rude & dumb . Maybe my hormones are making me a bit touchy lol
    Last edited by Wild_flower; 18-03-2014 at 13:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some people just say really dumb things, she probably thought she was being funny. DH is covered in tattoos, no-one has ever made such silly comments to him.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    just try to forget it. she's clearly a moron, and there a PLENTY of those around

eg; I was wearing a mudvayne tshirt that had a skeleton of conjoined twins. (ugly shirt) anyway an old man said to me "miscarry twins did you?" while pointing to my shirt thinking he was being funny. what an idiot.
    Last edited by Zombie_eyes; 18-03-2014 at 14:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby is covered in tatts (two full sleeves, knuckles, neck, hands) and he gets the opposite. He gets smiles and stuff from strangers when he's with the boys. And hasn't had any comments at all.

on a side note, my boys do regularly draw all over themselves drawing "tattoos"... Haha doesn't worry us. He's are our boys names, koi fish, tribal etc...

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I think sleeves in a guy can look really hot lol! But I'd have to be a moron to assume that they had any influence over how you will turn out as a parent!
    I would write her off as a nosey busy-body who has no filter between brain and mouth.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    just try to forget it. she's clearly a moron, and there a PLENTY of those around

eg; I was wearing a mudvayne tshirt that had a skeleton of conjoined twins. (ugly shirt) anyway an old man said to me "miscarry twins did you?" while pointing to my shirt thinking he was being funny. what a idiot.
    A joke about miscarriage, what a disgrace. What a total PR!ck.
    (I like Mudvayne, too! )

As for the smarty pants comment, OP, well people will always suck. I wouldn't have been offended, just annoyed at her attempt at a humorous jibe. My DS (14) would have just said "Fail" back to her, lol...

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".