+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daptoamy View Post
    Ignore the haters! Only you know what's right and what you're comfortable with, and don't let anybody else ruin it for you

Relax, enjoy and have a great time
    Haters? Who, where? This isn't Facebook, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If the person looking after my child was making negative comments about me going away it would make me re-think wanting to go.

It is not a one-size fits all answer, I think 2 nights would be too much for my kids and also for my parents who I imagine would be exhausted for work come Monday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think go for it, their with family you trust. Why shouldn't you? I have to let my daughter go to her fathers for a week of school holidays and since she was about 2 she had overnight stays

At first they were hard but now I've learnt to enjoy some time to myself, which in no way means I don't miss her like crazy or freak out for the first 5 seconds in the morning when she's not in bed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just go and RELAX!!!!! DH and I went overseas recently....trust me my kids survived!a weekend is NOTHING! and a great chance for the family to hang! Don't feel bad!!!!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to *Chels* For This Useful Post:

Pusheen The Cat  (19-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Seriously!? GO and have an amazing time! Your DD is in good hands.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Pusheen The Cat  (19-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ignore the comments OP, a weekend away with hubby will likely make for a happier relationship, a happier home which in turn will positively impact your DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    DH and I are going away for a long weekend (3nights) soon and I am starting to feel really bad about it. DD is 2.5yo and my parents will be looking after her (at our house). She loves her grandparents and I know she'll have a great time.

The problem is, my mum has made a few comments about it suggesting she doesn't approve of us going away for that long without DD. It's making me feel really guilty!

Bub #2 is due in July so this will be the last time for a long time that DH and I can get away together and quite frankly I could use a few days of relaxation!

Is 2.5yrs too young for us to be away from her for 3 nights?
    Don't feel guilt, everyone is entitled to have some time to themselves and wind out and relax. Why is your mum babysitting if she doesnt approve of how long your away for? Also why does she think that she has a right to stick her nose into your business anyway? I'm guessing shes jealous that she didn't get the chance to go away when you were a child so thats why she doesnt "approve".

My DS goes to his dads every 2nd weekend for 2 nights, and when DS dad has holidays he will stay for a week, this has been for 18 months. It's normally and healthy to miss him, but I should never be made to feel guilty.

Enjoy your time away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lucky you! Enjoy and don't spend one moment feeling guilty or worrying. Your dd is in great hands and you and your dh deserve a break especially with a new bub on the way. In fact I think it is a very responsible thing to do to make sure you don't get burnt out and can be the best parent possible. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't feel bad. Enjoy your holiday. You're daughter will be ok. So will you. So will your mum. My parents used to work and also go for weekends away together when we were kids. Sometimes we went with them, sometimes we didn't. We loved staying at our grandparents and aunties and uncles. You sometimes need to have couple time when you have kids. Don't let anyone make you feel guilty. It's only a few days for goodness sake!