+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Absolutely. Our kids are 7 and 4. Don't know how long we'll do it - as long as they need us to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My ds is 12 and I still do the tuck in lol. He would think it wierd if I didn't. I don't read to him though. Sometimes stay and have a quick chat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, we take ds7 and dd9 to bed and say goodnight and turn their light off but no tucking in or bedtime stories...they listen to their music station.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS1 is 9 in June, and DS2& DD are 7... they get books, cuddles and kisses and a tuck in every night [except for on those lazy ar$e weekend nights when we set them up in the loungeroom with a movie, and DP and I hide out in our room with a movie - then go and scoop their sleeping bodies up and put them into bed, they do still get a kiss though so I guess these nights aren't really an exception :P ] - I can't see it stopping any time soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dad came and said goodnight every night until we left home, I'm sure he misses it now. He'd also check on us every night before he went to bed. Mum would most nights too, but dads the big softy.

Hope my boys let me til then too... He didn't tuck me in or anything just said goodnight, love you. Mine are 5, 4 and 2. The 4 & 5 year old won't go to sleep unless we both go in and kiss them and cuddle them. If one of us tries to, they are up 5 minutes later asking for the other to come in. The two year old still sleeps with us so gets kissed and cuddled all night...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was always tuck my daughters whose 7 in bed & kiss her good night every single night & probably will until she moves out of home

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids mainly fall asleep on couch,but some nights I declare them off upstairs to bed.Always,no matter what,get a tuck in,kiss,and "I love you". will probs do in forever and I don't care.....a good tuck in is always nice!! I often catch my hubby coming home from work at night,tucking me in

Thanks
    Reviews
    I send my girls to bed on their own but once they are settled they always know that I come in, check on them and give them a kiss good night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do. I think the last thing my children should hear each day is "I love you". I love that quiet cuddly time with them and will do it until they remove my from their rooms by force.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 8 and 6yo I still read to, tuck in and kiss them.
    My 11yo (who shares a room with them) doesn't usually listen to our bedtime story, he sits on his bed and reads his own book. Sometimes I'll make him listen though, if it's an 'older' book, not for picture books though. I go to his bunk and say goodnight and I love you, sometimes I give him a touch on the shoulder, but he's not an affectionate kid, he doesn't do kisses or cuddles.