+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any hubbers in car insurance?

Hi last year a lady crashed into my car. She was insured admitted fault got her contact details etc. Anyways took our car to the smash repairers and said we should go through our insurance and they will chase her up from
    Her details to pay etc and it's easier to get the repairs done through ours and doesn't effect our insurance.

Fast forward to car insurance renewal time this is listed as a claim and our insurance has gone up and other companies want it listed as a claim when doing quotes etc?
    Is this right? So because this lady hit our car we have to pay higher premiums because the smash repairer gave us wrong information?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I'm not in insurance but my understanding is that if you are not at fault for an accident then it should not impact on your instance premiums. I had someone rear end me a few years ago and it didn't change my no claim bonus even though it all was fixed through insurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ring your company & ask them why it went up. It shouldn't have affected your no claim bonus or rating, but maybe the premium just went up due to inflation? (My brother in law is in insurance) I've had two claims in 12 months, neither my fault and had no rise in premium. I'm
    With Shannon's

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a claim regardless of who is at fault.
    It should be listed on their system as a non penalty claim though, so it shouldn't have made a difference on your no claim bonus.

The company may have had a price rise last year which could explain the premium increase. Could you have had a promotional discount applied when you signed up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in insurance. It will be listed as a not at fault claim and your premium should not go up. If it has, shop around.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Im not in insurance but I had an accident a couple of years ago and as I wasn't at fault the claim didn't affect my rating and thus my premiums.
    If it was a no fault claim it shouldn't affect your premium as far as I know