+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How often do you get sick?

How often do you get sick?

I seem to get sick so often these days. I never used to get sick but since I had kids, I get bad throat/chest infections/bronchitis, head colds or the flu all the time. I've also had a few spewing bugs that were horrible and lasted at least 24 hrs.

I just got over another flu last week but at least this time there was about 9-10 months between illness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ALL THE TIME! I never used to get sick (maybe 1 bad cold a year), but since DS1 started daycare at 14 months (is now just over 3) I get sick so often. I get gastro bugs probably once every 4-6 months, and a head cold/ sore throat/ snotty nose etc probably once every couple of months. I seem to get the sickest of everyone - the kids and DH will be a bit snotty or have an upset tummy, but I'll get full blown sick

Thanks
    Reviews
    How annoying is it? I get the full-blown version too, every time! I eat so healthy, and exercise. My brother eats takeaway every day, eats really badly, barely exercises and never gets sick! I don't get it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I get sick pretty much every time one of my kids gets sick. It's hard not to when they sneeze in your face. The gastro bugs are the worst though. Every time one of them gets it I feel like I'm on a countdown to when I'm gonna get it - yuck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GingerKat For This Useful Post:

Sweet Tooth  (18-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Touch wood, I'm not too bad. When DD started daycare I did get a lot of sniffle bugs, but as the kids have grown I think all of our immune systems have gotten better. The kids are not too bad either anymore. A few colds is all we usually share each year *slaps wood heartily*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I get sick lots and ds doesn't . Sigh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never. Unless I'm hungover. Dh is the same. My kids are pretty good, just get colds/snotty noses from daycare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get sick A LOT! And I seem to be getting sicker and more often all the time.
    For me I think it's stress, I really have to learn to deal with it better.
    But then, I know other friends who've also been getting sick more often over the past year or so too - and it's not just them but their families too.

I've tried taking vitamin c and other supplements and making sure I exercise and eat as healthy as possible - nothing seems to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd doesn't go to daycare and I have OCD and I swear we Still get sick. I have shares in glen 20 and disinfectant wipes.. Still doesn't help. I have a very low immune system so that doesn't help either. And don't get me started on cold sores!! I get sick (high fever/sniffles/cold/flu) then as it's finishing I get a massive cold sore. Absolutely hate it!! My dh seems to think i may be over using the disinfectant so that might be it. Maybe I should be a bit dirtier might help lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    ugh, the cold sores would be awful on top of being sick

I don't get cold sores, but the last 2 times I've been sick I've had eczema breakouts on my hands, worse than they've ever been