Closed Thread
Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    oh my goodness @Ladydee you poor thing, I thought my tinee tiny injections were bad enough. how thick is this needle?! I don't know if I could go that far. your amazing to be able to do that. ouch!

Thanks @Heyside @Ladydee. i am still in the 50-50 box, I don't want to get my hopes up again and being all too positive. trying to protect myself from feeling like I did last week, still feel empty but also quite happy to be starting a fresh cycle so quickly too. so am hoping that this is a way of my body saying hey we needed to get that 1st crappy crap out for a fresh healthy strong cycle. haha. maybe. that's just be being all wacky!

does Vit E actually help? do you take that whilst your doing injections and waiting to ovulate? I thought vit e was harmful if your pregs? or am I thinking of another vitamin?
    where can you get Q10 from in Australia? I might get into some of those supps and hope it works too. I have been looking into doing acupuncture also. have heard many great things about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to all the brave and courageous ladies out there sharing their fertility ups and downs. I have been following this thread for a while now as I came across it one day when "researching" OI. I read right through from page one and just wanted to thank you all for bearing all. I thought it was about time I got off my butt and started contributing!! Hope you don't mind me joining in!!

So I best share a bit about me. I have the BRCA1+ Gene mutation (breast & ovarian cancer) and am part of a clinic where I get regular MRI & mammogram screening. My husband and I decided we would like to start a family and the clinic advised us to speak to an IVF clinic about PGD (spoken about before in this thread), so we booked in for an appointment. While we waited for our apt, I came off the pill, after 3 months, still no AF. At the apt with our FS to discuss PGD, we discovered I wasn't ovulating due to lack of hormones and so our fertility journey began.

I have done one cycle of OI (we decided against PGD, unless OI doesn't work for us and we go the full hog). I started on Gonal f 50iu and slowly built up to 160iu over 4 weeks of injecting, as well as Ovidrel every other day, until finally some follie growth. Made it to the trigger shot, the horrible 2ww with some boosters when AF turned up the afternoon before BT.

We we were all ready to start the next cycle, however I was due for my annual breast MRI and FS didn't want to interfere with it so said to skip a month until I had the all clear. My MRI came back clear but unfortunately I got some horrible infection in my right breast and because of the gene they wanted to biopsy it. Had the biopsy and results all clear. I am currently on cycle day 54 and had bloods yesterday, I have the go ahead today to start a pill for 10 days to bring on AF....that is where I'm at. Sorry for the long winded essay. But I hope to be joining you all with cycles, stories and hopefully BFPs!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @mrswokie as you can probably tell I have only been on here for a few mths myself. It's so good talking to people who know what's going on.
    So sorry to hear of your journey so far but also so pleased to hear that everything else has come out great. Let's hope AF shows up soon for you so you can get started and hope that all of us get a beauty of Christmas pressie with a BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Injections Support Thread #3

Great to have you on board @mrswokie! Definitely the more the merrier Wow, you've sure been through your fair share I read Is is Provera you're on right now? I started my last two cycles with that....it always makes me cranky and short tempered! When are you expecting AF to get cracking with your next cycle? Hopefully it isn't too far off....it's unbelievable how long the waits and hold ups can take and yet you blink and there's another month or two wasted TTC I really hope your time here need only be short and you graduate to your very own BFP ASAP Vent as much as you need too....no judgements here! Ask as many questions as you need and chances are that one of us has either been there or come across some info about it....good luck Hun xo
    @thatwldbme &@ Heyside - I highly recommend acupuncture! It helps build up your lining by ensuring your uterus gets plenty of blood-flow. It makes me feel really great too It's never too late to start....ofcourse it's great while your stimming but Heyside my acupuncturist and another one that I went to a couple of times both said there was research which showed there was a 60% higher success rate of implantation if you got it immediately before and after transfer

@thatwldbme - I understand you trying to protect yourself a little after such a disappointing cycle Vit E is for egg quality so theres no need to take it after pickup or O'ing. I always stop all of my supplements as soon as I get my BFP except Elevit and Metformin as I'm never sure what's safe. It was one of the questions I asked Wazza about as I didn't know if that was a good or bad idea as my current FS doesn't believe in any supplements! Wazza told me about six times while I was with him to stay on everything until 12 weeks of pregnancy.....and then he got his nurse to type up my plan and she typed it twice more on that. So, this will be the first time I'm going to try doing that though... in saying that, he hasn't got me on the egg quality ones (not on Melatonin @Heyside) as we have our embies but I'm taking them up until a BFP just to keep them (my eggs) healthy incase I have a freak out with another trisomy diagnosis and decide I want to do something crazy like stim again so I can do ICSI&PGD one day.....highly unlikely though as it is!

This is my revised supplement list for FET's, the one I previously posted is his recommendation for a full stim cycle ....

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1416558086.460060.jpg

And this is the CoQ10 I use and I bought it from Chemist warehouse....

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1416558137.205553.jpg
    @S234 - how are you doing Hun? I hope you're ok xxx
    Last edited by Ladydee; 21-11-2014 at 20:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    mrswokie - Welcome to the thread hun, Sounds like you have had a rough road of it along your journey you must be one strong lady, you have come to a great place here for support though. Hope the pill brings on af soon and you can get started again, we are hoping for some luck in this thread very soon with lots of bfp before Christmas.

Ladydee - Great to hear your experience of the acupuncture hun I remember you saying you recommend it in the past. How are you going so far with your cycle do you just go in for u/s from here to see how your lining is building up before a transfer?

AFM - Stressful few days at work, only have next week left though as I finish next Friday. So glad I decided to stop my contract two weeks early as it gives me more chance to de-stress before the important part of my cycle. I have organised an acupuncture session for next Monday which I am still quite cautious about but hoping it helps. I plan on doing the one session while I inject and then one before and after transfer, hoping that helps and relaxes me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside, yep I go in for a scan on Monday to check my lining and if my lining is above 8mm then that will be called "ovulation day" and I'll get my day 5 emby transferred Friday or Saturday....hopefully!!! My belly is quite something right now! Hooray for your last week at work, the countdown is on! Jabbing going ok? When is your first scan? I think your acupuncture schedule sounds perfect. You've probably read me mention this before but they put your needles in and then leave the room while you listen to the relaxing music....I always do that deep breathing thing where I start by relaxing my toes and then work my way up my body, concentrating on and relaxing each bit slowly one at a time. Once every thing is completely relaxed, I then force my brain to only think about and listen to my breath going in and out of the back of my nose......it's bliss just to have that little bit if time totally to yourself .....enjoy every second of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ladydee - Hope that lining is looking amazing by Monday hun so that you will be all ready to go and receive that bubba by Friday - this really will be the one for you hun I can feel it, I am am sure the extra things wazza has suggested are just going to make that difference . My jabbing is going fine thanks, although for the first time ever doing this whole injections I think I hit a blood vessel and I came up with a huge lump and bruise yesterday, first time after 9 cycles though so cant complain. My first scan is Friday so have had to tell work I will be in late on my last day which hasnt gone down well but to be honest have to think of myself. Thanks for the info on the acupuncture, I am a little cautious to be honest but I am sure all will be good, will try and follow your tips.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (23-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Injections Support Thread #3

Thanks Heyside I'm sure you'll love acupuncture, you'll come out of it feeling all relaxed like you've had a massage I usually feel a teeny bit giddy as soon as I stand up....I think it's all that great blood-flow it encourages around your body Usually a bit thirsty too. What's a few more needles hey? Lol, I swear you either won't even feel it go in or if you do, only the tiniest of pricks....nothing like our belly ones. I'm getting some acupuncture this Wednesday and then before and after on Sat

What's everyone up to ladies??

AFM - I had my scan today and was super nervous as my new FS-to-be had tweaked my drugs for this cycle and got me to start my Clexane injections and steroids earlier than my current FS so I was nervous that he'd see my bruised belly but, it was all good....just a quick dildo-cam to tell me that my lining is looking great and I'm all set to go in for my FET this Saturday
    Last edited by Ladydee; 24-11-2014 at 13:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies for your warm welcome!!

@thatwldbeme yes I saw you were a newbie too. I remember reading you were jabbing for the first time recently. My FS said when she first tried it, with no meds just to see how it felt, it took her 10mins to get from shoulder height to her tummy. I just thought the first time "think of the end result...". Here's to a few BFPs before Christmas!!
    @Ladydee I am just taking my Levelen pill for 10 days (on to day 6 today), so should expect AF next Monday. Hope all goes well with your scan today and you get to do you transfer!!
    @Heyside My journey has been full on, but no tougher than all of the struggles you ladies are dealing with too. Thank god for technology and the support when can get from places like this!!

I too have/am still trying acupuncture since I read it can really help. I find it so relaxing and go through the whole "breathe in deeply, breathe out fully" chant so that I can tune everything out and just zone out.

I also started taking a few supplements that others had suggested, royal jelly, coq10, vitex, pregnancy ultivite and just yesterday received my first parcel of fertility tea from yourtea. Not sure if any of you have heard about Nat Kringoudis?? She is a hormone revolutionist who does wonders for women, acupuncture and Chinese medicine. Thought I would give it a go!!

All the best for the week ahead 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee thanks for those tips, will need to get started on some of those supps soon. and great news about your scan today, and a big WOOHOO to a great lining. we be having everything crossed for you that this is the one and will be waiting for your BFP news.

AFM I had my blood test this morning to check my hormone levels. my oestrogen levels are at 220. hmmm I have been jabbing away since Tuesday last week, shouldn't it have gone up a bit more. I asked the FN about this and she said its not a race to get the hormones up, some woman it just takes a little bit longer. I am on CD 10 today, she said its baseline so not feeling as positive now, I was at 50% positive now its more like 40%. so anyway another blood test on Friday as well as a scan to check the follies. I really hope it all goes to plan this time, for all of us.