Closed Thread
Page 65 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok ladies all went well and I am home now chilling out, really can't believe how the reality of it all set in at the hospital, I think before that point I was just excited about moving along with things. The good news is they got 15 eggs, which really surprised me, although my FS actually said some of them will be immature, hoping that the quality of the eggs are good and I get a good fertilisation rate. Time will tell, just need to wait to hear from the embryologist now tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is good, how did the first injections go Ladydee?? One day nearer for you karmaJane, not long now, hope you are keeping sane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside you got 15 eggies same as mine I got 2 out of them one put back ended in chemical and one frozen. My thoughts only put one back if you have extra freeze apparently frozen work better even if you only get one might be worth freezing 15 eggs can cause lots of Ohss make sure you are getting lots of fluids at least 3 litres and protein I took sustagen and you will be constipated so metamucil keep the fluids up I found it hard but measured it out and tired that way.

Sent from my D6503 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Twinkley For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay Heyside! 15 is a great number, well done How did it go today, were you there for very long? How have you felt since? Bit tender?? Do you get daily calls now to tell you how your little embies are going? Will they let them grow for 5 days before transfer? 1001 questions sorry I'm so glad you got a good number to play with, I have everything crossed that your next bubba is in there growing away xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside yay! Great number, really excited for you . Are you excited/nervous for your fertilisation results tomo? Crossing my fingers for you . I'm sure you will get great results

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bundle of joy For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twinkley - Thanks hun, will definitely think about the freeze as have also heard about it giving better results, will see how many I end up with tomorrow as I say I am expecting quite a lot of immature eggs. I am trying to drink lots of water, which is hard for me as I know I don't drink enough generally but making a huge effort, have heard Gatorade is good for OHSS so was considering that! I have already put on 1 and half kg in wait since this morning but keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get worse.

Ladydee - Thanks hun, feeling so happy at the moment as was dreading coming out of theatre to hear I had no eggs (my fs wrote my total on masking tape with a smiley face on my hand ). All went wel with the procedure and have to say I was not actually aware of much until I woke up. I arrived at 6am and was put on a ward to wait for the procedure, I was taken into theatre at 8.40 so five minutes before ovulation was due. I must have been on recovery for a while but didn't actually register being there until 9.45. Dh picked me up just before 12, but apart from the waiting before surgery everything went so fast. I had a GA so was expecting to feel pretty drowsy but have to say I have been fine and actually feel pretty normal in general, just a little tender, have had to keep DD from jumping on me though lol! I will get a phone call tomorrow to say how things are going and to plan transfer which will be on friday as it will be a 3 day trasfer.

Bundleofjoy - Thanks hun, feeling very nervous for tomorrow, have past first hurdle now need a good enough fertilisation rate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on the 15 eggs Heyside! Fingers crossed for a good fertilisation rate. Hopefully you'll get a few frosties. I've been drinking Powerade (blackcurrant, the only one I like) like crazy since my EPU. Really helped to settle my stomach and I feel like you can drink a lot of it even when you're not thirsty. I've also heard lots of salty foods are good for OHSS as it draws fluid away from the ovaries.

You might feel bloated. I had a couple of days where I thought I'd explode. My acupuncturist helped relieve the pressure but I've also bought some De-gas so we'll see if that helps...

AFM: Getting nervous now. Only 2 days until we know if it's good or bad. Crossing my fingers that the fact that this 2ww has been totally different to the others is a positive thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks KarmaJane, trying to wait very patiently this morning for a phone call from the clinic . I am actually feeling pretty good post EPU and have no bloating to speak of, so far sticking to the water but will keep the powerade in mind if it does kick in. Salty food sounds like a great plan too and makes sense. I didn't sleep too well last night but think that was mainly due to everything running through my head. Good luck to you hun, your tww seems to have gone quite quickly to me, I am sure you don't think so as time usually drags, really hoping you get a good result and the fact it has been totally different is a great sign.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok ladies the news is in, we have 8 eggs that have apparently fertilized. I presuming some were immature and we lost some as they looked abnormal. I am really really happy as I didnt expect such a high number, I know we might loose some before freeze but nice to have some in reserve. Transfer booked in for tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside great news 8!! Wahoo I only had 9 eggs retrieved, 3 fert and 1 made it to freeze and 1 little 1 growing inside now . You did fabulous!! Yay

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bundle of joy For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (18-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Heyside, that's such great great news!! What time do you go in tomorrow? One day away from PUPO! Still feeling ok today? xxx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (18-09-2014)