Closed Thread
Page 50 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Buttercup - Crossing everything for you, hun. Hoping you get nice and hormonal
    @RD15 - Also crossing things for your bloods tomorrow!
    @Ladydee - Great news about the Hysteroscopy! Hopefully it'll help knowing that there are no problems there. Hope the weekend away is relaxing and doing something nice for your bub sounds beautiful.
    @Heyside - Glad your weekend away was nice, I'd kill for some time away myself but I'm now at the mercy of the IVF gods! Lol! You're right, it's great to be doing something again, I feel like I'm taking steps towards the goal again. I decided against Syranel...just finished a round of sinus meds complete with nosebleeds so I didn't want to be shoving more stuff up there, Lucrin for me!
    I also hear you with the whole people sharing about others thing. Although I've always been pretty up front about the whole biz so I rarely get any of the awkward questioning about when I'm going to have a baby etc. I feel like infertility shouldn't be something to be ashamed of these days, there are so many of us out there and I feel like, by sweeping it under a rug, we make it harder for people coming after us because nobody wants to talk about it so you find it hard to know what to do when you're starting out IYKWIM?
    @Twinkley - I'm only on day 4 of Lucrin injections. Have a scan on the 20th to make sure I'm down regulated then hopefully I'll begin Gonal. As you can probably tell, I'm doing a long cycle. My first one, all the others have been short ones. So I'm a bit nervy but I think I'm doing okay. 12 follies sounds amazing! I hope I get so many! I've only ever gotten 2 before (low dose meds, long story).

AFM - Things are going well. Getting used to needles again and the whole act of drawing up the meds makes me feel like a junkie. Lol! I only ever had premade needles or pens before but the Lucrin is in a little bottle. So weird. Anyway, like a sign from heaven that a donor is the right thing, DH got another bout of cellulitis this week which means heavy antibiotics and probably would have damaged his sperm if there was any there. So the choice to use a donor feels like it's meant to be. My acupuncturist is not very pleased, insists that he can help DH's sperm but like everyone else he doesn't really understand; if it has taken us 5 years for the first baby and we want more than one I don't really have the time to "wait and see". Anyway, all going swimmingly, will check in again soon

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KarmaJane For This Useful Post:

Twinkley  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Thought I would pop into this thread and say hello! I hope everyone is going well on their journeys. Currently I'm on my first IVF after a couple of IUI and OI. Does anyone else experience horrible headaches and tiredness on the FSH? I never use to but have been given an increased dosage for IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside - I'm so glad you've enjoyed your time away .... bring it all on now huh?! I think we're doing different types of cycles. I wonder what the criteria is to make them choose which way to go?? How are you feeling about having different FS's looking after you? Because my FS is away, I'll be doing the same (and paying a lot more than you too probably!) and I'm having little freak outs about it. I just can't see how it will work without the continuity? I hope nothing gets missed along the way and I end up hyper stimulating because of it or anything.....I know it's probably something that gets done all the time and I'm worrying over nothing. Lol.
    @Twinkley - 12 follies so-far sounds great!! How did you go with your bloods/scan today? Eeee, this is it! Goodluck for Friday, everything is crossed for you!!!
    @KarmaJane - I see you're doing the down reg, longer cycle too..... have you ever done the shorter one? Antagonist I think it's called ?? How are you travelling....are you feeling some action happening yet? I'm having a total mind blank but you don't have any fertility issues with yourself huh? I think you guys have been battling male issues? So with the donor sperm, this could SO be your cycle where you get your bubba! So excited for you, I truly wish you very the best xoxo
    @RD15 - how did you go yesterday Hun? I hope your ovaries have decided to behave x

@Buttercup - I hope you're keeping yourself nice and busy with nothing but positivity around you When do you get to test?
    @Bundle of joy - welcome Oh-ow, no I've never had and side affects from injecting FSH for IUI and I was hoping it would be the same when I started IVF....those headaches don't sound fun at all, you poor thing! Hopefully the tiredness is just from your ovaries working away. Are you doing any acupuncture? I found it fantastic for the awful pregnancy headaches (or migraines really) I got when I wasn't too keen to take any Panadol or anything. Just a thought, I hope you get some relief soon

AFM- I'm being stuffed around with my shifts at work which is really interfering with my positive/relaxed state of mind dammit and making me think too much about how I should be giving birth this Friday instead of worrying about work shifts :-/ Ah well, bring on the weekend!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

Twinkley  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Twinkley - 12 follicles is amazing hun, hope the blood test went well today and you get great results from your EPU. Sorry to hear the synarel has been nasty, really not looking forward to it as I start my new job the following week after I start so really don't want to be coping with side effects, have already warned DH to keep his distance lol!

KarmaJane - Glad to hear things are going well, so excited for you that you are cycling again hope this is the one for you. Sounds like things are working well for you and you are dealing with all the injections and even drawing up the medication really well.

Bundle of Joy - Welcome, I have never had the issues you describe with the FSH, maybe it is a side effect to the higher dose, will look out for it when I get going. Maybe worth mentioning it to your FS. Hope you see an improvement soon.

Ladydee - My clinic only do the one type of cycle due to it being a budget clinic, I do know that many PCOS women are put on an antagonist cycle though as I asked my orginal fs about that type of cycle (he thinks the cycle that my clinic uses though should work for me). It really isn't worrying me dealing with different fs's as in a usual cycle it is expected you will only see the FS once at a pre cycle appointment and once at EPU, the rest of the time the nurses oversee everything so continuity will come from them. way to go?? I am sure all will be good for you hun during the cycle, the fs will be dealing with what he sees at the time and will have your fs's notes if they are needed. I understand your concern though, its a huge process we are putting ourselves through. Sorry to hear your work shifts are bringing you more stress, just look forward to your weekend of relaxation hope the happy thoughts get you through x

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (13-08-2014),Twinkley  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Heyside, your post totally put me at ease.....I will be mainly seeing the clinic nurses anyway won't I Knew I was probably stressing over nothing but I am going to miss my FS. Back when I was supposed to start IVF in Jan/Feb, I was apparently going to do the longer cycle and then it got changed along the way and I've always had so many other things to discuss with my FS at each appointment that I never asked what the difference was or why he changed it up.....and now he's off spending my hard earned $ in Europe for 6 weeks! Lol.......I guess he's allowed to have time off every now and then....

I think it's going to rain this weekend but I actually don't even mind. We'll have our spa and fireplace.....chilling out between the both with my DH sounds just perfect A weeee bit of mummy-nerves about our first (two!) nights away from our dd but, we'll survive and she'll have a ball with her Nanna

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ladydee - Glad I have eased your concerns hun, your nurses will definitely be the continuity for you and will be able to answer your questions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee and @Heyside thanks for your replies I had my BT today to check my levels and spoke to my FS nurse who said that they may need to change my dosage on my FSH, so I will find that out this arvo when I get my results. In the meantime I have been told to drink Gatorade to increase hyradation/electrolytes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, Hope you are all having a great week

Heyside - Glad you had a wonderful weekend away and are now ready for action!

Twinkley - Hope your scan went well yesterday and you are all ready fro EPU tomorrow or Friday. Good luck!

Buttercup - Hows the 2ww going for you? Hope you are keeping busy! When are you able to test?

Ladydee - You will be in my thoughts tomorrow. I hope you have a lovely and indulgent weekend away! A wintery weekend with a spa and fireplace..... and a nice bottle of red sounds delightful We are finishing painting our house this weekend so feeling a little jealous haha

AFM - Bloods on tues only showed a rise from 240 - 300 so nothing too exciting. more bloods and a scan tomorrow morning to see whats going on and possibly increase again! had no idea idea I'd still be stimming 4 weeks later lol. Had a chat to one of the nurses the other day about my pcos... She was saying that my clinic in Perth is one of only 2 or 3 in Aus that do IVM which would prob be a good option for me if I don't have success with the injections! Not that I'm getting ahead of myself, but its nice to know what my other options will be later down to track!

Hope everyone else cycling that i may have missed is going well too!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RD15 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (14-08-2014),Twinkley  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps. - Bundle of Joy - I've been getting headaches every second day or so but hadn't connected it with the injections... maybe that's what is causing them as I don't often get headaches usually! Hope you get positive results this afternoon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bundle of joy - Welcome! I get a few niggly little headaches with the FSH but the big thing for me is (sorry, TMI) diarreah and fatigue. Anything remotely hormonal sets me off though. At present I'm on Lucrin for my down reg and as soon as I inject it I can feel my stomach start to clench! All worth it in the end hopefully
    @Ladydee - Only ever done antagonist cycles before! This is my first long one. New FS says it gets better results so we'll see. I'll be happy if we get a good bunch of eggs. All my other cycles have also been low dose so I only ever got 2 eggs. This cycle I think she's putting me on 250 units of Gonal which is massive for me so hopefully I don't overstimulate. My old FS seemed a little concerned that I was a bit of a poor responder so hopefully it'll even out. You're right, most of our issues have been with DH but I do have insulin resistance and a chance of endometriosis (since we're doing IVF the FS isn't worried as my tubes don't matter). But I'm hoping hoping hoping that this is it
    @Heyside - I found the shorter cycles really manageable. The antagonist one is a little daunting. But you're right, the short cycle has been found to more effective for women with PCOS.

AFM: The Lucrin must be doing something. Keep feeling super nauseous and tired. Plus, as mentioned, my stomach is upset a lot. But that could also be left over from strong antibiotics about 6 weeks ago (got attacked by a dog at work) which totally destroyed my gut for a while. AF showed up today which, for once, is good. I'd rather have her out of the way before my scan on the 20th. Anyway, nice side effect is I'm drinking water to ease nausea so I'm drinking lots more water! Lol.