Closed Thread
Page 45 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Congrats MrsMarcs, what wonderful news wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!

ladydee - thank you, uve put my mind at ease

buttercup - sorry to hear about ur bfn but yay to having a cycle buddy!

Enjouy the rest if your weekend ladies x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big congrats MrsMarcs! Keep us posted on how things go with scans etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Very sorry to read about your BFN Buttercup, big hugs I hope there is nothing but good news from you this cycle x

Goodluck with your bloods and first jab tomorrow RD15, I'm glad you and Buttercup are cycling together. You can't beat the support of a cycle buddy!

Heyside - great news about your insurance and getting your tests underway Omg, I can't believe we'll be cycling in the same month!....I hope we fluke it around the same time, I couldn't think of a better cycle buddy....ha ha, I'm easily excited huh

MrsMarcs - still on cloud nine?? Are all of those symptoms starting to kick in yet? Nothing like a confirmed BFP to take away any second guessing and doubts and suddenly feel VERY pregnant! Hope you and your DH are still celebrating your little (big!) secret x

AFM- still have no freak'n idea what to do about FS's and keep changing my mind and driving myself crazy! Hubby is just as undecided as me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    RD15 - Good luck for the start of your injections hun, hope all goes well and your cycle brings you your bfp.

Ladydee - Great news that we can cycle together hun, I know we will be great support for each other seen as we have supported each other on this long journey so far. Maybe you need to jot down the pros and cons of going with each fs, it may help you to make a decision, when do you have to make the final decision by?

MrsMarcs - Hope you have enjoyed your celebrations this weekend.

Afm - We have just booked a weekends break for the beginning of August to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary so have a few tests to do before then and then we plan on enjoying a nice relaxing weekend before the important cycle starts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great minds @Heyside.....we're getting away for our Wedding anniversary in August too. I can't believe it's been a year since we were talking about our last ones! We're actually squeezing in two long weekends away before starting IVF. One next weekend with our Dd to the Sunshine Coast to take her to Underwater World and just a nice bit of family time. Then in August we're getting away for a weekend with just us two (first overnight time away from our dd....eeeek!). My hubby texted me the booking information with a text message attached to "Get ready for a weekend full of hot sssss........I mean, lots of romantic stuff"...... Lol. Cheeky

Not only do I not know which FS I should continue on with....should I even move onto IVF yet or at all? What do you think you'd do Heyside? Anyone else want to add their two cents? I have a daughter from FSH/IUI (2nd cycle). I got pregnant on my 4th FSH/IUI cycle this time around. Lost that one and have ovulated and gotten pregnant naturally twice since. Should I try our luck yet again naturally or fork up the big bucks for IVF? We only want (if we 're that lucky!) two children so what will I do with any frozen embryo's left over that there most likely will be quite a few as I have PCOS and a good egg reserve???

It's just all too hard and stressful really....I just know that I really really REALLY do not want to miscarry another bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, just been floating in the background but keeping track.
    It's a hard decision to make the next step to IVF. My journey hasn't been anywhere as long as yours, but I don't regret jumping in and doing IVF after one failed OI. My FS made it quite clear that the risk of over stimulating and releasing more eggs is just not worth it (severe PCOS). We would like to have 3 children - we had 9 embryos frozen and one was transferred. We don't know what we will do with the extra embryos but we know that we may not be as lucky with our next transfer, in which case we have back ups. There is the option to donate the embryos to research or to a couple or destroy them. I don't know what path we'll take but I know it won't be an easy decision.
    It's definitely a good idea to do a pros and cons list for each FS and possibly speak to a counsellor/support person about your fears moving forward.
    Xxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @ELM13 , I LOVE that you're still reading along! I love that lots of girls have got their BFP's since I've been on this thread but I really do miss you all when you move on! I still think about each one of you and wonder how you're getting along
    Do you think you'd have moved onto IVF if you had got pregnant without it 4 times? I am actually leaning towards just doing it as I feel like I need to try something different but, am I being crazy and choosing to do something like putting a bandaid on my forehead to cure a migraine? A $10,000 bandaid at that??! Even if all my stars align and I have a text book IVF cycle with a glorious BFP at the end....what's stopping me from miscarrying that bub just like the last three? I'm not too keen on either of the three options of what to do with left over frosties either.... xo
    Last edited by Ladydee; 21-07-2014 at 20:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Ladydee - It is a very hard situation that you have found yourself in hun and I can understand you questioning where to go from here. I really don't know what I would do in your situation. I think maybe the question you have to ask yourself is will the IVF help you at all with this ttc, you know you can conceive naturally so will the IVF give you any advantage? For example will they be able to observe the embryos and choose one of good quality which is more likely to be a sticky and carry to term? I suppose the decision would be easier if you had some sort of guarantee. We are using a budget IVF clinic and there costs are no where near $10,000 hun, they also only try to collect a small amount of eggs at the egg retrieval so you don't have loads of embryos to freeze. That's the theory anyway as I also have PCOS and good egg reserve so we will see how that goes. I think one of the reasons I also put off IVF was I have issues with what to do with extra embryos, I may end up freezing them for ever more lol! Have you thought of speaking to the counsellor that you have spoken to before for support? Sounds like you have 2 very nice breaks ahead of you, take time to relax and enjoy before you move onto whatever step you decide.

ELM - How are you going hun, nice to see you are still reading along. Hope the pregnancy is going well how far are you now?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls for the kind words. Half of me is overjoyed and the other half is anxiously waiting to see a heartbeart. I am sure everyone feels nervous about M/C but perhaps because we wait and try so long for our BFP - its even more anxiety filled. I am trying to have a "what will be will be" attitude because I dont want to go through this too scared. I think for me it is a big reassurance that I can actually get pregnant - once I have the right PCOS drugs/timing/tracking etc.
    Only real symptom I have had is the sorest boobs ever.

Hope everyone else is tracking along on their path.
    Ladydee - sounds like a difficult decision but SO much money is at stake I think it is worth nailing down the answer to some of your questions before proceeding with IVF. For example - what testing occurs on the embryos prior to implantation and will this decrease your chance of MC. Have you been investigated for the cause of recurrent miscarriage?

Heyside - congrats on your wedding anniversary! 10 years is a big one.

Buttercup and RD15 how are your cycles going?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsMarcs For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (22-07-2014),Ladydee  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - I don't know on that one. I haven't experienced the heartbreak of a miscarriage but knowing that I could get pregnant by myself, I think I'd be reluctant to start IVF. It is a huge cost.
    In terms of how many eggs collected, it's really hard to say what you might get and how many of those will become embryos. I had 24 eggs collected, 17 fertilised and only 9 were suitable to freeze. Others had abnormal cells/growth and were discarded. The scientists call every second day after retrieval and give you an update. When an embryo is made in the lab, the scientists grade it and will put back the best quality embryo. They can also do genetic testing before they transfer (extra cost of course).
    With cost out of the 10k, we got 3500 back from Medicare, our PHI covered retrieval which was 2k, so we ended up being 4500 out of pocket.

Heyside - I'm doing well, I'm 28 weeks along and counting down! It's gone so quickly really. I didn't have any morning sickness thankfully and everything has gone to plan. We ended up staying with our FS who also does obstetrics.
    Big congrats on your anniversary in August!!

MrsMarcs - congrats on your BFP! I didn't really have any symptoms - I noticed my boobs were getting bigger but there wasn't much else. I still struggle to believe I'm pregnant even seeing our baby at scans!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (22-07-2014),Ladydee  (21-07-2014)