Closed Thread
Page 44 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Goodluck with your appointment today @Heyside , I look forward to hearing how it went You're not wrong about this TTC#2 journey being super frustrating!!! Hun, we may have been on completely different journeys for the last few months but you've been (and are going) through enough hard times of your own also! Completely different journeys but sounds like we're heading the same way now.
    @Buttercup - no, my dd was born in March 2012 but I was on a couple of threads while TTC her.....one of them I can't totally remember the name of but the other one was "TTC#1 with PCOS" I think? Has Buttercup always been your user name?
    Lol about yor doctor "fixing your leg!". That's so cute and was probably the exact type of thing you needed to hear to relax you a little at the time I'm sure How have your latest bloods gone? Fingers tightly crossed for some awesome results! xx
    @MrsMarcs - I almost felt like wearing dark sunglasses and a cap pulled down low as I walked into the different FS/FC office yesterday, lol. Naa, it was all good.... even though I was chasing things up right up until the actual appointment, I did get a copy of my file there in the end.
    I agree I it's bl@@dy hard when people ask (especially in public/infront of a big social gathering!) when/if you're going to have a bub/another bub. I've started saying that "I have no idea but I really hope so" and just give them a weird sort of look which usually leaves a little awkward silence and then a change of subject. I was asked this recently just after my latest m/c across the room of a kids birthday party with parents everywhere and it was asked like "geez, what are you waiting for??!" AND the worst thing was that this guy and his wife had had a miscarriage in-between their two dd also.....but he still asked infront of everyone like that! I consoled myself a little for the rest of the event with little daydreams of having the guts to make him feel just as awkward by answering him honestly (across the room) that we were very much trying but "they just keep dying damn-it!". I wonder what he would've said then??
    Wishing you the very best of luck for Saturdays results!

Welcome @RD15 - I actually felt a little agro on the Provera but never felt any side affects from the FSH injections. My only bit of advice would be to sit so you have a roll to inject. Hopefully your time here needs to only be sweet and short and you get your BFP very soon x
    @KarmaJane - glad to read that you're that big step forward towards getting your much worked for BFP Urgh, I hear you on the whole being-broke-by-the-time-you-actually-get-a-baby thing, I've often had that thought myself! Can't wait to see you announce your own BFP x
    @Twinkley - how are you going Hun and where are you up to, cycle wise? Hope everything is going as planned xx

Sorry if I've missed anyone, have I?!

AFM- NO idea what to do about my FS/FC....my FS will be away for my first IVF cycle. Both FS seem to think we've probably just had really bad luck and had 3 bad eggs therefore embryos or embryos that haven't formed properly All of my test results so far have shown that I don't have a clotting disorder or immune problems. My regular FS doesn't seem to really believe in immune problems (or high natural killer cells) affecting fertility/miscarriages. The new FS said that he wouldn't be able to do the more invasive test to see if I have them as the procedure has to be done on certain cycle days and my "normal" cycle is too irregular (20-60 days long and everything inbetween). The only thing different this new FS suggested would be to get a Hysteroscopy to make sure nothing unusual is going on in my uterus since my c-section. They both left it in my hands as to weather we should try on our own one last time and see if my body will continue to cooperate and ovulate-post-miscarriage like it has been lately or if I should go straight to IVF. Then it's just a matter of crossing our fingers that it's a healthy embryo not headed for a fourth miscarriage in a row....I don't like the sound of that at all Neither of them recommend PGD testing for us and yet both will do it if I really want them to.
    I really just. Do. Not. Know....what to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ladydee - Thanks for the support, we have both definitely been through it over the last few months but its good that we can support each other through it even if it is through cyber space lol! Sounds like you have a difficult decision to make about what your next step is going to be and if to use your new fs or stick with your old one. The way I am trying to think about things at the moment is starting ivf will actually give me a better idea of what is going on in my body at last, they will start to find out if there are actually eggs in my follicles and how they then react during fertilization so will know more about my egg quality. Knowing more information has got to help hasn't it? Hope you manage to make the right decision for you and your DH and feel comfortable with whatever you decide, remember we are here if you need us .

I have seen twinkley around the IVF threads so she is taking the next step also.

AFM - Had my initial appointment today which to be honest was just a formality which went through procedures and costings etc. We signed the paperwork to transfer our medical information from our Fs to the clinic and then it can be decided from there which tests I need done before I get started. Some of the tests can take 6 weeks to come back so it is hoped I can then get started in September.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, thank you all for the warm welcome I have a quick question... yesterday my af arrived and I called the FN. She asked if I started before or after noon and I said after. So she told me to go for bloods on Monday morning and wld probably start injections the same day... afterwards I thought it probably did come a bit before noon and that wld mean monday will be CD4. Is that going to be ok? Is there such thing as missing the start day of your injections and being too late? Im so paranoid lol Thanks in advance x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RD15 View Post
    Hi ladies, thank you all for the warm welcome I have a quick question... yesterday my af arrived and I called the FN. She asked if I started before or after noon and I said after. So she told me to go for bloods on Monday morning and wld probably start injections the same day... afterwards I thought it probably did come a bit before noon and that wld mean monday will be CD4. Is that going to be ok? Is there such thing as missing the start day of your injections and being too late? Im so paranoid lol Thanks in advance x
    Day one of your cycle is really the first day that you *wake up* with a full flow. Clinics just ask the time it started if they want to split hairs so I'm sure a couple of hours each way won't matter too much I've always started injections on cd2 (cycle day 2) but I have known other ladies who are instructed to start on day 5 so either way, I really think you'll be fine Your clinic will do plenty of bloods and scans along the way to be able to pin point exactly when to trigger you to ovulate or else tell you when you will O on your own if your able to. We're all here to help as much as we can if you have any more questions, best of luck growing and then catching that perfect egg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Buttercup and @MrsMarcs .....how are you ladies going?? Hope you've had some good news x

Hi Heyside, Karmajane and everyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally some Good news! FN called today with BFP result
    Still seems surreal. Already she was asking me so many questions I didnt have the answer to because I really didnt think this day would come any time soon. Fingers crossed for more good news for the rest of you girls xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay, what awesome news! Congratulations!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    CONGRATULATIONS MrsMarcs! What fabulous news!!

Ladydee, how are you feeling after your appointment the other day?

KarmaJane, just think of the prize at the end...it will all be worth it but I agree wouldn't it be nice to just have a baby!

Heyside, woohoo for September!

AFM - thanks for all the thoughts guys, I really appreciate it as IRL no one knows we are trying so it's nice to know that at least someone cares (abit through cyber space )

Well had the phone call on Wednesday afternoon and levels were still the same so BFN for us which I kind of knew but still it was rubbish...but anyway onward and upward. Today is D1 so I've called the clinic and I am in on Tuesday for BT and we'll see when we can start from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh sorry RD15, I meant to say it looks like we'll be injecting together

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MrsMarcs - Amazing news big congrats hun, relax and enjoy the celebrations if you can

Buttercup - Big hugs hun hard to take the ups and downs that come with all this isn't it . You have the right attitude though onwards and upwards.

AFM - I was told on Friday that the only tests we need done are repeat AMH BT, cystic fibrosis BT, a pelvic scan to check out if my cyst has gone and my DH needs a repeat SA done. I got the BT's out of the way and have booked my scan for the end of the month and DH is organising his SA on Monday so once we have these tests ticked up we have an appointment with a fs in August (typical though it falls on the 2nd day that I start my new job) and get going in Sept. Checked our insurance today and good news is we are covered for egg pick up so a little money back at least.