Closed Thread
Page 43 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Buttercup - Achy boobs and being starving could be great symptoms, I know I felt like I could eat all day long when I got a bfp with DD. As for the cyst I think it started from a follicle which I had in my last cycle of injections but for some unknown reason instead of ovulating it stuck around and continued to grow to 25mm so just waiting for it to eventually disappear whilst I am on the pill. Had to laugh at your sons comment about fixing your leg lol!!! Its strange taking our little ones to these appointments isn't it but must be done. Your wee stick sounds quite positive news to me, if it was just the trigger shot still showing it would be getting lighter by now but if its the same darkness maybe the trigger shot is leaving your system and the real stuff is kicking in, good luck for your results keep us updated.

MrsMarcs - Good luck for your results, keep us posted. Its so hard when people start asking questions isn't it, I have said on many occasions to DH that I just want to shout and scream at them and tell them exactly what is going on, that would soon shut them all up they would also think I was a crazy lady but could cope with that lol! Its funny how it changes your thinking about things, I never ever ask anyone anymore since the difficulties we had with DD about if they are going to have a child as you just never know what someone is going through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Buttercup how did yesterday's BT go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I hope you dont mind me joining in here. I have just skim read all 43 pages so feel like I know you all quite well lol I am a newbie and have just finished taking provera and am waiting for AF so i can start my first cycle of injectables. I am 28 and DH is 31. I never got a period after stopping BCP and was diagnosed with PCOS a short time later. Its all so new to me but I've learnt so much reading all of your stories! If you have any further advice for a 1st timer I would love to hear it! Very excited for those of you who are in your 2WW. Hope you get you BFP's real soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome RD15, glad that reading through the thread has helped you to understand everything any questions feel free to ask this thread is very supportive. Hope your journey is short and you get your bfp soon enough. What stage in your cycle are you at the moment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im just waiting for my period to start which feels like its going to be today, or if not tomorrow then I'll be on my way! Nervous about doing the injections but by the sounds of it, it seems a lot worse than it actually is! Should I expect any side effects from the gonal f? My FN said I more than likely wouldnt get any other than a bit of pain around the injection site. Thanks for your help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome RD15!
    Seems like its a pretty small group of girls who are doing injections for ovulation induction. Lots seem to to do clomid for OI but some FS (like mine) dont think it is very helpful and say it thins the lining etc so isnt worth the while. In saying that, I did a few cycles of it before starting injecting.
    I think it is helpful not to think too much about the injections - at first it seems overwhelming but if you dont think about it and just mechanically do it - it is actually really easy. Good luck for when you start!

Thanks
    Reviews
    RD15 - Well good luck hun, hope you don't have to wait too long for af and you can get started asap. The injections aren't so bad at all, I think most people are quite surprised after the first one how much easier they are than they thought, hope that is the case for you . I didn't use gonal f, I was on puregon but had no side effects at all, I am sure they can't be that different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MrsMarcs argh the questioning! It's frustrating isn't it, I know its hard not to do it but try not to take it to heart...underneath it all people only ask because they care but yes it does make you want to scream and kick and cry. I'm like Heyside these days, I don't ask anyone and I don't assume...I do wonder if it makes people think I don't care about their lives but I just remember the pain and failure I felt when people questioned a sibling for DS.

Hi RD15 fingers crossed AF arrives soon so you can get started on the journey to babyville! I had my husband do my first cycle of injections but he actually kept bruising me so I did the next one and honestly after the first couple you really do it quite mechanically. I even did one in the bathroom at the reception of a wedding. I didn't notice any side effects so fingers crossed that is the same for you.

How's things Heyside? Anymore niggles? I hope that cyst is as good as gone.

AFM - not great news, had my phone call yesterday and HCG has gone sideways so it looks like it is only the injections showing up. They want to do a last test tomorrow morning to be 110% sure of failure as without the injections I won't carry through a pregnancy so it's good to be certain but we're ok, and we'll get straight back onto it once AF has come. For us, having a failed clomid stimulation (after we conceived DD that way)and a cancelled OI cycle just actually getting to the point of ovulation was exciting in itself. For a while there I was thinking I couldn't even get to that point. So we've got a few things to raise with the FN when we do go ahead with the next cycle...we went from baseline on Monday to triggering on Saturday and wonder if that was too quick? The lining was good at 9mm and I don't know what they could do about it...I didn't respond at all to 66 and with 1 click to 75 I went nuts..but we just want to check anyway...maybe 75 1 day and 66 the next so we got the full 14 days before triggering? Also at scan we had a 15.6mm and they suggested triggering that evening which we did but now I think it was too early (my daughter was 20mm follicle and we were told to trigger the next day)...just thoughts anyway..

Hope everyone else is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I know it's been a bit since I've posted. I did try about a week back, wrote a lovely long post and the internet promptly ate it! At which point I was tired and went to bed! Lol!

Welcome RD15! This place is wonderful. We're all here for the good and bad of the journey. If you need to vent and nobody in your life understands, we're your girls! Unfortunately most of us use injections enough to become comfortable with it. It's the only time in life you'll be grateful if you have a bit of fat on you as the jabs hurt less in a fat tummy

Crossing fingers for you Buttercup. Hopefully a miracle happens and those levels shoot up overnight.

Hope everyone else is travelling fine.

Today we finally had our 2nd appointment with new FS. Everything looks good from my tests and we've been given the thumbs up for a cycle. Unfortunately this clinic does long protocols so it's 3 more weeks til I start my lucarin jabs. I'm a bit nervous as I've only done short cycles before and the drugs I'm using aren't all in pen form as I'm used to. I actually have to mix one myself! It's also costing quite a bit as we have to pay for semen (of course) and the FS has recommended using a growth hormone which costs $150 a shot! We're looking at being over $3000 out of pocket once it's all done. It's all a bit stressful. It'll be wonderful to get pregnant and not be able to afford a baby! Lol!

Hopefully we will end up with some frozen embies at the end so if we have to go again it's much cheaper.

Anyway, I'll try to focus on getting things done for now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Buttercup - Thanks for asking, yes still feeling niggly but only been back on the pill again for 2 days so hoping it kicks in soon and gets rid of the cyst. Sorry to hear the results of your blood test were not too positive but doesn't sounds like all is over yet if they are testing again tomorrow, sounds like you have the right attitude though hun and are happy with the fact you ovulated.

KarmaJane - Nice to hear how you are going, great that your appointment went well and you have the go ahead for a cycle. I am sure all will be fine with the new medications even though things are different, I am sure you were worried about the injections first time you used them and that worked out well. I am sure the cost of all this will be worth it in the end just think of the final goal, that's what I am trying to do at the moment.

AFM - looking forward to appointment tomorrow so we have an idea of how long we are going to have to wait, hopefully its not too long.