Closed Thread
Page 42 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again We are still travelling along in the TWW. I have my first BT to check for a positive (eeekkk) result on Thursday but unfortunately I will need 3 all up for a positive, positive result (if you know what I mean) because I am taking the pregnyl boosters still.

MrsMarcs, did they end up changing your dose?

Hi Heyside , we've 'met' on another thread. I'm so sorry to see all the dramas you are having TTC..it would be beyond frustrating! I hope Thursday brings some much needed answers for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today Buttercup for your BT. I will be thinking about you. How long is it since your last pregnyl booster? Most people seem to say 4 days and it's effect is gone and you won't get a false positive.

Hey side - fingers crossed for you that your FS has a plan from all his discussion with the other docs. Sounds like you might be heading onto IVF where they can control all the steps along the way.

AFM - I am still doing pregnyl injections every 3 days and just had my day 21 progesterone blood test which showed I had ovulated so all things looking good. Final Blood test is on the 19th. Time hasn't started to slow down yet but that still seems a very long way away .....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thanks for remembering MrsMarcs! Waiting by the telephone now even though I know they won't be able to say conclusively until Sunday and Wednesday BT but you just get caught up don't you. I actually did a HPT this morning just because I figured I could do another on Sunday at the same time (3 days 10 hours after last booster) and if its darker then surely that's a good thing right?! So yes, it was positive but I won't get at all excited until I see the Sunday one.

How did you go today Heyside?

When is the first blood test MrsMarcs? We can't be too far apart..my final one is the 16th Super exciting about the ovulation! They don't bother to do that at my clinic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Buttercup - that so exciting. When are they going to ring?
    My clinic wont do my pregnancy (Bhcg) blood test until next Saturday 19th - which will be a full 4 days after my last pregnyl booster. I dont do any other ones before that final one. I guess a false positive makes things confusing and gets your hopes up unfairly but I dont think your clinic would bother doing this first BT for you if they didnt think it was going to be a true positive.
    When was your last booster? How many days post o are you now?

Last cycle I held out on POAS until the day before my blood test. I did one that day which was a BFN (3 days after 1500 booster) and then AF arrived the following day (day of the BT)

So that makes me think your BFN on the HPT is great news!!!!
    Very excited for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had the call MrsMarcs! It's as I thought, yes I do have HCG levels (but I'm injecting HCG so no surprise there) but we aren't 'breaking out the champagne' as the FN said until I do my BT on Sunday and get results on Monday. If the levels are the same as today then we know is a negative but if its gone up then POSITIVE!! She did say though that I have lots of progesterone which is a good thing... just trying to be positive but realistic...

Poor hubby doesn't know what to say, he is the poster child for 'positive thoughts but be realistic'...he tried for 'ok, acknowledged...', not quite what I was after but he can always make me laugh

If my levels have gone up enough to be 'positive' on Wednesday then I continue with the injections until 7-10 weeks...today I'm 10DPO. What about you? Will you POAS before the 19th? Will you get the results on the 19th or do you need to wait for the following Monday???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Buttercup90 - Really hoping your next blood test shows an increase in the HCG and this is the one for you, will be holding out to hear your results. I would ask if you have any symptoms as such but I presume the HCG you are injecting would give out false symptoms, good luck hun.

MrsMarcs - Great news that you ovulated and the 19th isn't too long away now so hope you manage to stay sane through this next week, fingers crossed hun hope this is the one for you.

AFM - My scan today showed that my cyst on my right ovary was smaller (15cm down from 25cm) but still there so my fs has suggested staying on the pill for another month. He had discussed where to go from here with his colleagues and they had come up with two ideas either introduce LH injections which is usually done for poor responders (which I am not as I usually overstimulate) or use 2 trigger injections. We didn't like either of those ideas as I already have an issue with high LH and cant guarantee the two triggers will have any effect either, So we have opted to move on and start IVF with the affordable clinic my fs is attached to, we have an appointment for next Thursday so we will see where we go from here. I have mixed feelings about it all, glad to take a step forward and move on but some how still feeling emotional about the fact OI hasn't worked for us this time. DH has been asking me to go to the shops to buy a baby she can cuddle today too - is only it was that easy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post

AFM - My scan today showed that my cyst on my right ovary was smaller (15cm down from 25cm) but still there so my fs has suggested staying on the pill for another month. He had discussed where to go from here with his colleagues and they had come up with two ideas either introduce LH injections which is usually done for poor responders (which I am not as I usually overstimulate) or use 2 trigger injections. We didn't like either of those ideas as I already have an issue with high LH and cant guarantee the two triggers will have any effect either, So we have opted to move on and start IVF with the affordable clinic my fs is attached to, we have an appointment for next Thursday so we will see where we go from here. I have mixed feelings about it all, glad to take a step forward and move on but some how still feeling emotional about the fact OI hasn't worked for us this time. DH has been asking me to go to the shops to buy a baby she can cuddle today too - is only it was that easy
    Hi Heyside xx

Good news about your cyst shrinking though I hope it's just plain gone by your next scan. Gah, I'm can really emphasise with you with the whole ttc#2 saga. It was supposed to be easier this time now that we had worked out the correct "formula" that worked right???!....wrong! I really think you're making the right decision moving onto IVF if that means anything I do totally understand your feelings about it all though.

Good luck to the ladies in their TWW, hope to see some exciting BFP's very soon!

AFM- I managed another natural miscarriage without the need of another D&C which is what I wanted (and didn't want ofcourse). I got to 8+3 weeks this time and we did get to see a heartbeat but it was already very slow and erratic by that stage so bub was passing away I'm just hanging out until I can start IVF. I have to wait for my first post m/c AF, then have a full rest cycle, then I start jabbing from day 2 of my following AF for IVF. Finally! So my FS is estimating I'll be cycling around late August but probably early Sept.

My FS has told me that he will be away around that time so I will be doing my first IVF with which ever FS is on rotation! Not too happy about that at all so, even though I feel like I'm cheating on my husband or something (lol) I'm actually getting a second opinion from a different FS at a different clinic this coming Wednesday! I'm having mini anxiety attacks just thinking about it and haven't worked up the courage to ask my current clinic to send a copy of my file to the prospective new clinic yet....I'll have to do it soon though! Eeeek! We really do love our current FS who helped us get our dd and who also was my Ob and delivered her but if I have a 4th m/c, I want to know that I did everything I could. This new FS just sticks with the infertility stuff and doesn't stretch himself to be an obstetrician also so I'm hoping that works in my favour. He's also in with all the latest research so fingers crossed he comes up with a magic plan to give me my sticky-take-home bub....finally

Another first for me is that I went to see a counsellor which is affiliated with my fertility clinic this past Wednesday....OMG, I was soooo nervous and could barely sleep the night before it. I usually avoid "awkward" situations at any cost and was cringing at the thought of sitting there talking to a stranger and most likely crying. BUT, I must say that I freaked out over nothing as it was great actually. I felt more like I was talking to a fertility nurse as she just started out asking me about my cycles, what treatments I'd tried or was thinking if doing and before I knew it I was yacking away. Then at the end she gave me some relaxation and coping strategies to try....overall I'm glad I went, I would recommend it to anyone who felt it was all getting too much and I will go a couple of more times xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ladydee - Thanks for the support hun, we seem to both have been on this thread for what seems forever how can it be so hard for number 2 its so so so frustrating!!!!! You have really been through a lot though hun and I am really pleased that you have taken some time away from all this and come back ready to tackle this whole thing once again, just remember we are all here to support you and help you if we can along the way. Hope your appointment goes well on Wednesday with your new fs and you make a decision that you are happy with, a change in fs might just make the difference, definitely worth a try. The clinic I am using for my IVF cycle is an 'affordable' clinic which uses strict procedures to cut down on cost. This also means that I wont know which of 4 fs (including my current fs) will be taking care of me and could see any of them throughout my cycle, something we have discussed and are happy to go along with to keep costs as low as possible. Great news that the counsellor was a good step for you and very supportive at the sound of things, always nice to find someone to talk to as it can be hard going through all this, I find the only place I can talk openly is with DH or on here.

AFM - My right ovary (where the cyst is) is very very niggly at the moment, hoping my cyst hasn't taken its opportunity while I am off the pill to grow again , will definitely be asking for a scan before I start IVF. We have an appointment with our GP tomorrow to get a referral for the clinic and then we have our first appointment on Thursday, can't wait to get some questions answered, have a feeling we will have to wait a while to get started though as they only take on so many patients a month

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (13-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning MrsMarcs...how are you travelling, only a few days to go now
    Hi Heyside, yes any symptoms ie..starving and slightly achy boobs (hardly though, I think I've lost most feeling there from breastfeeding ) I am attributing to the injections. Are cysts different from follicles? Sorry to ask a naïve question but I really am confused! I'm glad you've got a way to move forward though, it is rotten when the last recipe hasn't worked this time We got our daughter from a triggered clomid cycle and were so sad when that didn't work this time...my fingers crossed only 1 cycle of IVF will be it for you.
    Hi Ladydee, I think we might of been in the same DIG (December 2012?), otherwise I apologise, I thought you sounded familiar!...I'm so sorry to hear about your losses but it is exciting to have a new chapter coming up...my fingers are all crossed for the IVF cycle for you. The transfer is so quick and painless (a little awkward but they are used to it and my FS just chatted about his children the whole time), my son was there with me and held my hand (oh up near my head of course) and told me not to worry the doctor would fix my leg ah you have to laugh or you'll cry! I'm glad you got something out of the counselling session, my husband and I attended 1 after our first IVF fail and it was so good to cry and talk to someone that understood and I loved how she said 'most people will never have to face the difficulties that you will go through' and we should focus on how strong it would make our relationship and if we could get through this we will get through anything!
    AFM- just waiting for the BT results today but not feeling too optimistic, did another wee stick yesterday morning (13DPO) and it was the same darkness as the 1 on 10DPO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Buttercup - I am not sure that the line would necessarily get darker would it - given that the HCG that is driving it might have been from your last injection rather than bub. So I dont think you are out. When will you get the BT results?

Heyside - its good to be moving forward. Let us know what they say on Thursday. I dont know if a cyst gives you pain or not.

Ladydee - I wouldnt sweat about asking your clinic for your info to be sent on - they probably wont even tell the doctor because he probably doesnt mind at all. Unfortunately (for us) these FS all seem to have plenty work.

AFM - I am just waiting for Sat for my final BT. I have sore boobs but I had the same last cycle (BFN) and I think its from the hcg injections themselves. I just spent the week with the in-laws and was very hard everyone asking when are we having a baby etc. I feel my sorry for my DH in those instances because its hard for him to answer. I just say throw away lines like "you cant always plan these things" etc but I think they feel they need to talk us into it! Not going to tell them about this treatment etc or that we see a FS because they just stress out.
    I am not sure what will happen if this cycle is BFN again - I dont know if I go straight into a 3rd injecting cycle or if I go see the FS.
    Have a good day all