Closed Thread
Page 39 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @S234 - I like your hubby's saying. I think it's good. It also kinda of helps you realise that it isnt your own personal failing if you have fertility trouble. I was so stressed out with my cycle this time being longer but my friend mentioned that even up to CD21 for ovulation is doable. Apparently each cycle can vary too (hence i went from CD14 for surge to CD18 and no surge!!!) I wish the clinics told us this stuff so we wouldnt compare with our previous cycle, other's cycles, the limited info we know about ovulating on day 14 etc. If they just said "each cycle varies, and there is a reasonably lengthy timeframe in which it's ok to ovulate" would be really helpful!!! Sorry your cycle was cancelled - can't imagine how frustrating that would be on your first cycle. When my AF arrived on my first cycle i cried so hard my boss sent me home

@MrsMarcs - OMG isnt the 2WW incredibly long and torturous?! One of my cycles trying naturally my period was delayed 4 days (which was a lot for me) and I was uber sensitive to smell. I was convinced I was preggers but sadly not. My first SIUI cycle I noticed every little sensation and spent a lot of time unable to not thin about it and wonder what it meant. Thats why we are fostering a puppy right now - to help distract me through my cycle and its really helping! I have HCG test Monday 23rd (if AF doesn arrive Fri or saturday). Good luck with yours! Jump on for support if AF arrives. Are you going to POAS before your test? I didnt do it last cycle and am half tempted to do it this cycle just to see if my cheap test strips will go positive from my pregnyl injections - but kinda dont want to incase they are negative and then I worry that IM not preggers!

Heyside - could you do an inbetween and do SIUI? It does cost about $2000 out of pocket at my clinic (or less I think with medicare safety net). I'm like you - I dont want to fluff around too long before getting on with IVF.

AFM - strangely not not getting as much cramping, bloating, pain from hormones as I did last time. I've booked in to see FS this Friday (which would have been after I knew if cycle hadnt worked, but cycle was longer this time so probably wont know!), so at least I can have a hypothetical talk about "IUI or a 3rd time or go to IVF?".
    @Ladydee - thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside: Don't be scared of IVF. Honestly, it's only a couple more steps than you're doing now! All the jabs and, instead of BDing you get eggs retrieved, give a sperm sample and have the embies replaced a few days later. I actually prefer it in a way as you at least know there are embies there at the start of the 2ww! With timed intercourse or IUI you are never sure if there is a potential baby there at all. Plus there is also the chance that you'll have frozen embryos afterwards so you can do a cycle without the hormones if the IVF doesn't work first time.

S234: I had my IVF cancelled first time around (And third. And fifth). So I know how it feels. The nurse is right, they kinda have to throw stuff at you and see how it sticks really. It's a constant adjustment. On the bright side, next time they'll have a better idea and you'll be a bit more familiar with the whole deal so you'll likely be a little more relaxed. Unfortunately, the whole assisted reproduction thing feels like more downs than ups sometimes...

Twinkley: Lucky girl! I wish I had the time and money for a good holiday! I'm not far behind you on the BMI scale. I'm trying to start sorting myself out while we're trying to get our heads around getting a donor. But I'm kinda of the opinion that BMI is a little shoddy; some girls that are thinner than me have higher BMIs because they have a lot of muscle...I don't really trust measurements based on a height/weight thing. Focus on being healthy whether that takes weight off or not.

AFM: Getting nervous about our upcoming appointment to see about donor semen. I want them to be able to help us sooo bad! But on a happy note, I'm having the first virtually pain free period that I've EVER had! Plus NO spotting at the start (which is apparently good). I am stoked that my acupuncture seems to be working so well. This has got to be good news for our next cycle. Hoping my uterus is getting nice and rich and fertile for the bub to come...

Hubby got home on Wednesday so I'm not lonely although I did get a lot of sleep while he was away! I tend to sit up later when he's home as I like spending the time together but when I'm solo I get bored early and go to bed.

Anyway, I'll let you ladies know how our appointment goes on Tuesday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

S234 - Sorry to hear of your cancel cycle. Sounds like they are trying to get the right dose figured out for you. I ovulated some cycles and others I didn't so even with all the drugs I guess there is no guarantee how our bodies react. Stubborn little ovaries. Hang in there I know its hard but it will work.

Furbabymum - Good luck in the 2ww your puppy is cute good way to keep occuppied. Hope your chat with you FS goes well and you can decide if you want to do IUI a 3rd time or move onto IVF. I have choosen to move onto IVF did one IUI and because of cost and IVF slightly increases odds decided to go for it.

MrsMarcs - Good luck with your final blood test this Friday.

Heyside - Can understand what your saying about feeling conncected to FS esp since he delivered your dd. IVF appointment went really well got all the information on what drugs they use and the procedure as well as cost and what you come out off pocket. FS said we can start as soon as AF shows due for her next week and will start on Synarel Nasal spray im such a mixture of emotions right now excited, nervous scared and just plain freaking out. Sorry to hear your AF turned up early I swear AF has an agenda of her own sometimes. Now im waiting on mine to turn up it will probably be late.

KarmaJane - Good luck with your appointment on Tuesday it is hard to get your head around some of this TTC Journey but at least you have a plan moving forward. Your so right too about not trusting measurements based on height / weight thing and to focus on being healthy FS basically said the samething on Thursday said wouldnt matter if delayed IVF or not but said to eat healthy and walking and try to loose some weight that way.

AFM - Waiting on AF to turn up should be due next week and then can start on the IVF path have decided to go ahead and FS has said can start this cycle as soon as AF turns up. Im such a mix of emotions right now excited, nervous scared and just plain freaking out . Im sure once we start I will be more calm about it all. I just want it to work so badly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    furbabymum - Thanks for the support, fs says IUI really isn't going to help us as we have the issue with actually getting to ovulation, he thinks IVF will be good for us as we don't have to worry as much about getting to many follicles like we have in the past with 4, suppose IVF is good for girls with PCOS in that way. Good luck with your appointment hope you get all of your questions answered and are happy with your decision on how to move forward. Love the pics of the puppy, nice to be occupied.

KarmaJane - I have to say a very big thank-you to you and your words. I have recently been preparing myself mentally for the IVF journey as it seems we are getting to that point but DH just didn't seem to be there yet and wanted to keep going with injections (think its a big step for the male partner as its their part in the process which is effected as the bd is taken away). When I read your post last night about not being scared of IVF it seemed to just put everything into perspective so I let DH read it. It seemed to really hit home to him and he suggested taking the leap into IVF (as if it was his idea and I hadn't already mentioned it lol) instead of wasting time again on another injection cycle when we really are unsure if I am even ovulating. So you may have just helped us get one step closer to bub no2 - Thanks hun. Good luck with your future appointment hun, hopefully you come out feeling very excited and optimistic about this next step. Great news about your pain free period.

Twinkley - Great to hear your IVF appointment went so well and you are ready to move forward, hope af doesn't delay for you and you can get started. Might find that I am not far behind you on the IVF journey

Ladydee - If you are still reading along we are all thinking of you hun, hope things are ok and we will all be here to chat when you are ready.

AFM - Completely confused here, my af yesterday started to become full flow so was counting it as an early af. Last night the cramping became quite bad so much I considered using a heat pack (very unusual for me) but overnight the bleeding stopped all together and today its more like spotting. I little worried that it may be connected with the cyst so have rang the fs office for advice, the secretary wanted me to go in today but I have no car so she is talking to my fs and getting back to me.
    Last edited by Heyside; 16-06-2014 at 11:49.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (26-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside did the FS get back to you? I hope its all OK. Good news that you and DH are on the same page going forward. I completely understand about the man feeling like they gave lost their role in the baby making process. Just have to BD for fun anyway!!!

Furbabymum - your pup is SO cute. What a great distraction. When is your TWW up?

Not long for me until I can have my BT. I have a good feeling but trying to keep a lid on it.... I am not going to test at home because I think it will only be confusing. I did my last pregnyl (HCG) injection this morning so I think it could still be a false positive.

Hope everyone had a good monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside - Glad it was all postive with the IVF information just realized may need to hold off till cycle after this one as need to get more $$$ organized as its a lot of $$$ upfront quickly and takes a while to claim it back. So a little disappointed but at least will give me time to take in all the information and get my head in a postive space. That's exciting you will be going down the IVF route too we can be IVF buddies. I hope your cramping lets up and you can get some answers on why its so bad.

MrsMarcs - Good luck with your BT keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Twinkley your clinic may work differently but we paid full amount after egg retrieval (signed a credit card auth before injections started) and they processed through Medicare straightaway. We got the money back the next day. Like you we didn't want to be out of pocket for a while but this worked really well.

Good luck to those starting the IVF journey

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

Twinkley  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elm13 - Thanks for the info im not sure but they said that had to pay one week prior to starting and then egg pick up where pay other fees and then the embyro transfer and once that is done they give you an itemised receipt and can claim it back but along the way certain parts are covered by medicare. DH and I feel like we need to be in a bit of a better place financial to move forward without having to worry or stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twinkley - oh ok, yep definitely best to be financially prepared. Each clinic must process the payments differently.