Closed Thread
Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going furbabymum?
    Heyside- thanks for your lovely words. My blood test yesterday morning showed my oestrogen went from 53 to 138 on the increased dose of 75, so I am sticking with that dose and will have another BT on Thursday. My nurse is 'going slowly' with me as she is worried that a further increased dose will over stimulate me.
    Have you guys had many side effects? I think I am a little grumpier than normal (but nothing major that a nice cup of tea can't fix), but otherwise no issues. Here's hoping it stays that way! I am getting quicker at the injections- I am a nurse, but I can't tell you how confronting it was for me to jab myself!! I think I will have more empathy for my patients from now on!!

All the best ladies- look after yourselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Injections Support Thread #3

S234 - Glad to hear your blood test showed increased oestrogen results, its good that you are going slow, I am the same and the slightest increase in dose can make me over stimulate. I haven't had any side effects as such from the injections but I do get quite emotional over little things, think that's more to do with the emotional stress the infertility is causing. Lol your comment made me laugh about you being a nurse and now showing more empathy towards your patients.myself!! I think I will have more empathy for my patients from now on!!

AFM - I have my first scan on Friday and I will be going in with a list of questions so I don't forget anything. I intend to ask about blood tests and progesterone support.

Just had an awful thought my fs will be closed on monday for the public holiday. I cant go from monday morning through to tuesday without a scan as I will definitely overstimulate - frustrated

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Heyside; 04-06-2014 at 14:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls
    Hope you don't mind if I join your thread. I have been reading along - other people's stories can be so helpful in working out what is going on.
    I have just done my first cycle of ovulation induction - injecting puregon every day for about 2 weeks then did the trigger 2 days ago and DTD last night and the night before. I am pretty nervous about multiples. At the time of trigger I had a 22mm and 17 follicle and 9mm lining.
    Have a pretty hectic couple of weeks at work so hopefully this 2ww flies.
    How is everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. I know I've been MIA for a while but we've still been stuck as far as the fertility stuff goes. I've been trying to catch up here but there seems to be a lot going on for everyone atm!

As far as we go, it looks like the end of the line for us conceiving as a couple. DH has literally zero sperm now. Our FS kept just telling us "nothing useable" and to keep testing but we finally asked for the actual printed results and it turns out "nothing useable" really means nothing. It's a bit devastating to be honest. The FS said to do another test but we decided to look at other options.

We have both started acupuncture. But we also have an appointment with Fertility First this month to see about using donor semen (DH's idea). FF apparently have access to sperm from here and the USA. We briefly discussed trying testicular retrieval but decided that we weren't satisfied with how damaged the sperm might be. So a donor looks like the way to go. And, as we're trying to look on the bright side, we're kinda relieved that his family issues (obesity, diabetes, stroke and heart attack) wouldn't be an issue for our baby if we do that.

It's all a bit scary. And hopefully DH will have lost a lot of weight and have useable sperm for our second child but we just don't want to wait and find out later that him being obese throughout puberty has damaged things beyond salvage. Plus things are hard right now; 2 girls in our derby league are pregnant as are 3 girls at my work...

Keep your fingers crossed for us ladies. I'll try to not be as much of a stranger as I have been...

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsMarcs - Welcome to the thread hun, great that you have read our stories to help you along the journey. Good luck in your tww, it can be quite stressful nearing the end especially when you start to think about every little symptom but that's when the thread can be very useful in keeping you sane.

KarmaJane - Hun very big hugs being sent your way . It sounds like you have had a lot to think about while you have been away from the thread, it sounds like you and your DH are a good team who support each other through all of this. I am pleased that you both seem to have come up with a plan that you are both happy with to reach your goal, it must have been a difficult one. Hopefully your bub is getting ever closer as you take this next step hun - good luck and keep us informed.

AFM - Not great news for me I am afraid I went for my scan this morning and it seems my right ovary looks very good with one dominant follicle measuring 14 which is great however I have a 5cm cyst on my left ovary. I think my fs was quite concerned about this and he has instructed me to stop my injections, he has asked me to go to the hospital on Sunday (as he is on call) he will do another scan there and see what is going on. If my good follicle has continued to grow there is a very very small chance I could still trigger but he wants to make sure the cyst stops growing. I have been warned if I have any pain between now and then I have to phone the hospital incase I have any complications with the cyst, trying to stay positive that that wont be the case but think my chances are pretty slim of conceiving this cycle

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

KarmaJane  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside: Yeah, we had a lot of thinking to do. Funnily enough, it was me that was a little nervous about using a donor rather than him. DH is firmly of the belief that a kid's father has little to do with whether the sperm is his or not. When we first found out there was nothing he was very upset...for ME! He told me he'd understand if I wanted to leave him for someone who could give me a baby... Poor muffin. My reply was that we could just leave it be; if I was only in it for kids, I wouldn't have married him. And he came back with the idea of a donor! How lovely is my man!?!

that your follie continues to grow and the cyst settles down. Even if you don't get to trigger, still go nuts with the BDing. You never know. That little egg still has to go somewhere and miracles do happen sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    KarmaJane - that is incredible that your DH would be so selfless. What a kind man. Even though it's pretty full on thinking about donor sperm the other way of thinking about it is that your bub is not too far away now!

Hey side- hope the follicle continues to grow. What is a cyst?
    I thought it was where a follicle had been and it was what was left after you had ovulated. Obviously not. Hope it's nothing and you get to trigger. When is your next scan?

I just did my first pregnyl 1500 booster. Looks like I have a few of these to go. I am not really sure what they are for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KarmaJane - I definitely agree with your DH where the sperm comes from does not determine who the father is, the real job starts when bub is born, it will be your DH that is there for life from changing the nappies to attending school events etc. You have an amazing DH there who seems to be very supportive to you and your relationship hun.

MrsMarcs - You are right with your understanding of a follicle cyst which is what my fs thinks I have, it is probably left over from my last cycle unfortunately , my fs was very unsure I actually ovulated last cycle as he said the only definite way of knowing I ovulated is if I achieve pregnancy. I think the pregnyl injections work the same way as the progesterone pesseries and boost your progesterone levels hun to help sustain a pregnancy if you are successful. Good luck how many days past ovulation are you now?

AFM - I went for my second scan today, I asked about blood tests but FS said my oestradiol will be through the roof due to cyst and multiple follies so not worth carrying out. My scan showed no change in the size of my cyst (5.75) which is good as its not getting bigger, the follicle on my right ovary is still growing though and measures above 16. My fs has said I can trigger tomorrow morning as he expects it to grow further between now and then. Not feeling very confident though to be honest so wont put too many expectations into this cycle, in the back of mind I am actually wondering if we should wait until a little later to trigger as really unsure it will grow enough between now and then, I know deep down I should and probably will following my fs instructions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey ladies, I'm still checking in and cheering you on from the sidelines. I'm just gearing up for my third miscarriage in 6 months, second natural one. I'm 7 weeks tomorrow. So I've just got to get through this, lick my emotional wounds a bit and I'll catch up with where everyone is and I'll be back. Hope to read about lots of good news here in the meantime, good luck xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside: At least your cyst hasn't grown and hopefully your follie has a growth spurt. If you don't catch this one I gather your FS will check to see if the cyst is still there next cycle. Does he expect it will resolve on its own?

Ladydee: Oh no! That is awful. I'm not going to ask what happened, just know we're all here for you whenever you feel like talking about things.

AFM: Yes, DH is great. Very supportive of the whole baby thing. He wants it too but he knows that having a baby is really important to me. He's been away for a few days and I'm really feeling the absence. I feel like I'm really alone even though I've been out of the house more this weekend than usual. Counting the hours til he is back on Wednesday.

Lots to do before our appointment at the new clinic on the 17th. Have to go get a referral from the GP and I have to go get all my test results from current FS so I don't have to do all tests again (we already got DH's results before). So hard to ask for that stuff...almost feels like you're breaking up with someone!