Closed Thread
Page 33 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ladydee - Great to hear that you had no regrets taking on your job opportunity when ttc dd as I am definitely feeling like I can't turn this offer down the timing and the hours is just ideal and really work around my dd which is great. Only thing that worries me is starting work and then having to tell them 3 months or so in that I am pregnant and leaving them in the lurch but in reality my bfp could be a time away and suppose anyone they employ could end up pregnant down the line anyway. As for DD she is so looking forward to kindy and so ready for it, just hope I can hold myself together lol! Sounds like you are ready and raring to go with your IVF cycle hun good luck with it all

Furbabymum - Glad the bleeding settled down, I would definitely think the cramping could be a good sign as I definitely felt cramping and twinges when I got my bfp with dd. I have also had similar sensations when on progesterone support on cycles where I have got a bfn though so maybe its generally the progesterone, hope you have a little one getting comfy that is causing it for you though hun. bad sign? Good luck and keep us updated.

AFM - I took my trigger at 10am yesterday so should ovulate around 10pm tonight, have felt rather bloated which is a good sign, more bd tonight and hopefully we catch the egg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK so today was day7 after IUI and the nurse rang with my blood results saying they were "very good for a hopefully implanting embryo".

Oestrogen 530
    Progesterone 46

But I cant find information online about what these levels should be if not pregnant, if egg was fertilised/implanting, and if on Pregynl/hormone treatment as I am aware Pregnyl will raise your levels and give false-positive pregnancy tests.

So do these figures suggest an egg was fertilised? or is thee no way of knowing if its from the corpus luteum or from the pregnyl?

I told myself I wouldnt pay any attention to anything until the pregnancy blood test on day 16 after IUI but here I am unable to NOT think about it!

I had some stabbing pain in my ovaries today (not too painful) and they said this is a good thing and likely just because my hormone levels are so much higher than they would normally be at this stage of the menstrual cycle. She also said cramping is reasonably comming from the Pregnyl.

sorry I forgot to comment on the job!

LadyDee - go for it!!! I know how you feel about feeling guilty as I went for a job knowing I'd only be in it for a year or max of two. But after I left they waited about 6 months to replace me, so that helped me feel less bad - maybe we are the best person for the job at the time and rather than "stealing" it from someone else, maybe we are helping them out? Plus, its not like you'd be leaving them permanently!!! And you are absolutely right - anyone else could get the job and already be pregnant or fall pregnant soon after, and you dont know how long it will take for you. GO FOR IT and don't look back
    Last edited by furbabymum; 15-05-2014 at 19:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee thank you for your reply last night reassuring me that cramping doesnt mean I'm "out of the race". You made me feel infinitely better!

And Im so sorry to hear about your 2 MC's. That is so hard and my biggest fear. How have you been holding up? I hope you are ok and make sure you utilise the counselling at the clinic if you want to talk/find out some ideas on working through everything! I nly get one counselling session on IUI so I've not used it, thinking I'd use it if I get a BFN.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Furbabymum - I don't think you can tell anything from these results they are done just to see if you have definitely ovulated and to see if you have enough progesterone in your body to sustain a possible pregnancy. So if your nurse is happy with your results that's great news. Hope you are feeling ok through this tww and trying to stay sain. Thanks for the view on the job hun, I have decided to go for it and see what happens, I probably wont start until mid July anyway so if I do get my BFP before then I can reassess before I sign a contract, but no point putting my life on hold.

AFM - DD had 2 great days at Kindy and was so ready for it, she was so excited. I think knowing she was happy was good for me, I enjoyed two days of me time which I haven't had in a very long time. Will make the most of it whilst I can in case I do start working again. No news on the tww front but only 4dpo.

Hope everyone else is doing well wherever you are in your cycles, hoping to hear some good news on here soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Heyside! It's difficult to keep excitement in check when you hear your voice mail say results are "VERY good". So I keep reminding myself - even if its a BFN on Saturday, we know my body is doing everything it should thanks to the hormones.

This week has been a bit difficult. My mum told me of someone who got pregnant much earlier than they expected". I didnt need to even know of this pregnancy as it's my mother's friend's son! I asked her not to tell me about any more pregnancies unless it's someone I need to know about - ie someone I know and love or would find out anyway.

Mum (who is very supportive but can still get things wrong) also responded to my text message saying my day 7 bloods were good, "don't get too excited so you don't crash if the pregnancy test is negative". HULLO?! If its negative there is no way I can avoid being devastated!!! I cant just pretend I dont care?!

Well today I went to a friend's (IVF) baby shower. There were several pregnant women there (one patting her belly all the time), and 2 babies. And then one of my friends, who I told about my pregnancy BT being this coming Saturday. She asks "are you stressed?" I say "yes" and I then get a lecture that its not good to be stressed and that I shouldnt get stressed. I said "well its hard not to be stressed when you go through so much to get here". Then she made some reference to how the doctor told me I would have trouble conceiving (with disdain in her voice - basically - what would they know). I said "we were very lucky to find out!". I got the distinct impression she is judging me for doing fertility treatment because it's "unnatural".

Needless to say I came home and bawled my eyes out Now I dont want to see her until I'm pregnant because I can't handle negative comments about something that is so important to me and and also so difficult!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside - I found out I was pregnant (from my FET cycle) the day of my job interview. I took the job knowing I was pregnant and didn't tell my manager until I was 12 weeks. It has turned out so well - even though I won't have been working there for 12 mths before I have bub, she said I can take leave and come back to my position!
    Thinking of you in your TWW, hope you're keeping busy

Furbabymum - it's really hard to contend with people who just don't know the disappointment and heartache of this journey. When I was telling my SIL about injections and the process, she called the whole thing 'weird' which hurt. I'm hesitant to tell people upfront that we did ivf because they just won't understand and will be judgemental. You can only understand if you are going through the same thing which is why these forums are so great - it's definitely the best support I've had.
    I'm trying to prepare myself now for any confrontations about ivf and think about ways to handle people's opinions and possibly objections to the process. I know I will still struggle when the time comes though.
    Best wishes for your BT on Saturday x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

furbabymum  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I just had my ultrasound and the heart was beating! I am so relieved! Due on the 12th jan.
    Good luck to all of you!

DD born Dec 2012

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pjk For This Useful Post:

furbabymum  (20-05-2014),Ladydee  (19-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's fantastic @pjk !!!! Huge congratulations, enjoy every second Hun xoxoxo

Any symptoms Furbabymum or Heyside??

I thiiink AF may be on the way?? If that's the way for me then I just want to get this IVF show on the road already....
    Last edited by Ladydee; 19-05-2014 at 21:51.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

furbabymum  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    furbabymum - Hard to hear about pregnancies wherever the news comes from hun, unfortunately people (including those very close to us sometimes) do not realise what a deep impact news like this has on us even if they know what we are going through. I feel like over the years I have had to develop a very thick skin even after I was successful with conceiving DD I still kind of mourned the infertility of my past and the infertility of other girls on boards such as this who have such struggles. I would try to ignore the girls attitude at the baby shower she obviously has no idea what it is like to go through these issues, if your friend who's baby shower conceived through IVF maybe you might be better confiding in her as she will know exactly where you are at. Try not to judge this friend yourself either though as her perception of you and the treatment you are having is clouded due to her ignorance.

ELM13 - Great news hun that the job worked out for you, gives me faith to go ahead, thanks for you thoughts too x. I would be proud if I were you hun that you conceived through IVF don't be afraid to tell people, think of it as overcoming fertility issues rather than needing help. I found the fertility issues we dealt with conceiving DD brought me and DH closer together and made our relationship stronger.

pjk - Fabulous news hun, the best sound in the world to hear knowing your bubba is strong and well x

Ladydee - Just the progesterone symptoms for me I think (5dpo) which thank goodness is a good sign of ovulation again. The last I remember from your cycle hun you didn't think you had ovulated as you only had small follicles at your scan, so does your af usually arrive anyway. Great that you can get going with IVF soon hun fingers crossed it works well for you and you get your bfp.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

furbabymum  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pjk - that is awesome news! Congrats!
    @ELM13 - sorry about your SIL. Maybe she meant it was really full on and accidentally said weird ? One can only hope Sadly an insensitive thing to say - the "weirdness" is no more apparent to those of us who have to come to terms with getting pregnant not by love making by in a room with everyone looking at your privates!!! And congrats on your pregnancy!!! How are you travelling along?
    @Ladydee - thanks for asking will share update below. How many days til AF is due? I bet its the only time you can't wait for it to hurry up and come so you can jump into IVF! Excited that you can get started soon!
    @Heyside - very wise about trying not to judge my friend. But it does put me off seeing her until I'm pregnant so there is less for her to criticise. And my friend with the IVF pregnancy has been a tremendous support - even staying online on chat to check we got our first injection done ok. And this forum is great because I do know people here truly understand - even my hubby can never truly understand. How long until your first BT?

AFM -

well I am now Day 12 after IUI. I had pregnyl day 4 and day 7, so it's now been 5 days since my last shot. My cramping finally settled down, but today I had unusual "pinging" pains that felt like they were in my uterus, in the one spot (but not cramping). Of course my brain says "its the emby getting comfy!" and I have to fight the excitement and remind myself "or it's just my system 'coming down' from all the hormones".

The wait until the pregnancy BT on Saturday gets harder the closer I get. I thought about POAS but decided to stick to my plan of waiting for the bloods. If I POAS and its positive I will probably not be able to avoid a little excitement even though I know if could be a false positive. If i POAS and its negative I would be devastated, yet still hoping "maybe its a crappy cheap test and its wrong". So either way there'd still be doubt so as hard as it is I am forcing myself to wait until Saturday (unless AF arrives before then as she is due any time from today through Friday).

How's everyone else?