Closed Thread
Page 32 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pjk - that is fabulous news congrats.

Furbabymum - how exciting first IUI send *babydust* your way. There is so much to learn this thread is wonderful a great source of knowledge and support I don't know where I would have been without it.

AFM - I have given the herbs a decent nudge and still seems that I ovulate on CD20 or almost do im going off opk and saliva scope no blood tests so not 100% sure.

Have booked FS appointment with a new FS on 27 May I hope this will do the trick aiming to start IVF for my June cycle. Feeling like there is more of a plan in place.

Anyone else done IVF cycles? How do they work I know there are injections then egg pick up and transfer and can freeze some. What else happens? And over what sort of time frame.? Sorry any tips or info on what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Twinkley For This Useful Post:

furbabymum  (08-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Twinkley, there are two types of IVF cycles you can do - down regulation and antagonist.

I did the antagonist protocol for one cycle back in December. My hormone levels were low to begin with so the antagonist protocol was recommended. Like you said injections (FSH and Orgalutran which stops ovulation), monitoring through bloods and scans, trigger, egg pick up and then transfer. With me, I had over 20 follicles ready and FS warned me they may freeze all to avoid OHSS. For me they collected 24 eggs, 17 fertilised and we froze 9 embryos in the end. Transfer was then in January after my body was back to normal.
    With timing for this protocol it's the same as an ovulation induction cycle 4-5 weeks from start to preg test depending on follicle growth.

Hope that helps a little! Everyone's experience can be very different though and you're FS will recommend the best path for you xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

Twinkley  (07-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gah!!! I wrote a big reply to everyone and it deleted before I could send it! I'll try again later (when I'm not so annoyed! Lol) but I just wanted to wish Heyside and Furbabymum all the very very best for today xx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

furbabymum  (08-05-2014),Heyside  (08-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    IUI went well today! It was less painful than the internal ultrasound on Monday! But I've been cramping ever since - at least I think it's cramping. It's been 20 years or just under since I last experienced period cramps so it's hard to tell. Hopefully that will passson. Also been bleeding lightly since the procedure atlunch time. I expect that stops quite quickly though?

I was looking forward to a break from injections,only to learn that I will have 2 pregnyl injections. Blood test in one week, then blood test on 24th to check if pregnant. What does the 1 week post IUI blood test look for?

I didnt go back to work after the IUI. Figured I would be better off doing something enjoyable and restful. So I visited my 34 week pregnant (by IVF) friend for a cup of decaffeinated green tea. Hubby went to the shops and came back and gave me a pregnancy magazine! I think he is getting clucky!!!

Heyside - how are y ou?
    Last edited by furbabymum; 08-05-2014 at 21:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh and some funny things from today...

Hubby likes to push my buttons so while waiting to go in for the procedure he comments how his part in the IUI (spermd sample) had really exhausted him. I started ranting, much to his delight, "don't you dare say anything until you have injections, blood tests, internal examnations....". The receptionist at the fertiliy clinic over heard and said to my hubby "If you'd told me earlier, I could have held your hand".

PMSL

Did she realise what she had just offered?!

Also at our IUI today, I was struggling to get comfortable on the bed with stirrups. The stirrups were very far apart and I felt like my privates were on show, which felt very uncomfortable while waiting for the doctor to be ready etc. So I tried to get comfortable by moving my legs - well the stirrups made lots of noise and flipped around so much that the doctor calls out and asks us "what are you doing in there? have you started without me... Trying naturally?".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Furbabymum - Great news that all went well with your IUI hun, hopefully this is the one one you need and you will catch the egg, I am sure your bleeding and cramping will settle down. Now you just need to relax through your tww and enjoy reading you pregnancy magazine - that was very sweet from your hubby! I presume your first blood test will be a 21 day blood test just to check you have ovulated hun, it will all be worth it hun hang on in there. Sounds like you had a few funny moments there today too - sometimes you need that to relieve the tension lol!

Twinkley - Sounds like you have a good plan of action hopefully its just the trick you need to get your bfp .

AFM - Scan went ok today only one sizable follie so far though measuring 12, hopefully will grow more on Monday's scan. Was hoping for a few more so hopefully others will catch up too.
    Last edited by Heyside; 08-05-2014 at 22:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi everyone, seems to have quietened down on here again. News for me today is my scan showed one follicle measuring 18 so I inject again tonight and trigger in the morning - here we go again lets see what this cycle has to bring. On another note my little girl starts kindy this week (where has my baby gone ) and I have been given an opportunity for a job which I am really pleased about as the money will really help with ttc but on the other hand I keep thinking 'but what if I get pregnant this month, what will my employers think? (but cant put life on hold for ever I suppose). Hope everyone else is well x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Hi everyone, seems to have quietened down on here again. News for me today is my scan showed one follicle measuring 18 so I inject again tonight and trigger in the morning - here we go again lets see what this cycle has to bring. On another note my little girl starts kindy this week (where has my baby gone ) and I have been given an opportunity for a job which I am really pleased about as the money will really help with ttc but on the other hand I keep thinking 'but what if I get pregnant this month, what will my employers think? (but cant put life on hold for ever I suppose). Hope everyone else is well x
    Heyside- Goodluck this cycle for a lovely surprise. I agree, you can only put your life on hold for so long....I was given an opportunity to get into management during my TTC days for my dd and felt the same as you and ended up just going ahead. No regrets It's so hard when they first go to kindly!!! Be strong mumma-bear, I bet she'll love once she's settled in.

Furbabymum - how are you surviving in your TWW?

AFM- had a day 12 scan on the 2nd which showed 2 x 10 mm follies so...doesn't look as if I'll fluke another solo-ovulation but that's cool. I'm just waiting for my next AF to call my clinic on day one and pick up my meds to get jabbing from CD2. Finally!!! I've been trying to start IVF since January and here we are in May....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Heyside and Ladydee...

I'm doing well. The spotting settled down the night of the IUI and the cramping eased significantly 1.5 days after the IUI. Have had next to no cramping since Saturday and yet this afternoon I am suddenly getting strange sensations/cramping (mild ones - I'm not needing pain meds). Of course half of me is thinking "implantation cramping!!!" (it's 5 days since my IUI), and the other half of me is saying "reaction to Pregnyl injection on Monday night? or even a bad sign? Maybe you dont get cramping if you are pregnant?". What a head trip this process is!

So is cramping a bad sign after IUI (5 days after)?

Oh and when hubby broke the top off the Pregnyl ampule a small shard of glass fell inside it into the power!!! We didnt dare use it in case that would render the power no longer sterile. But now Im terrified of breaking the ampules as we dont have any spares if there is anther stuff up.

Heyside that is brilliant news!!! You must be pleased!

Ladydee - so does your two follies this cycle mean no treatment this cycle, and then IVF next cycle? Hope you are hanging in there. When I booked my FS appointment there was a 4 month wait!!! Then we he said "start treatment" the clinic couldnt take me until the following month as they were "full". It seems this process is just a whole lot of waiting!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by furbabymum View Post
    So is cramping a bad sign after IUI (5 days after)?

Ladydee - so does your two follies this cycle mean no treatment this cycle, and then IVF next cycle? Hope you are hanging in there. When I booked my FS appointment there was a 4 month wait!!! Then we he said "start treatment" the clinic couldnt take me until the following month as they were "full". It seems this process is just a whole lot of waiting!!!
    Furbabymum- I've never used Pregnyl so I don't know if that can give you cramps? I always get Progesterone Pessaries.... I wonder what the difference is and why some of us get one and others the other? What I can tell you is that yes, I definitely did get slight/weird cramping and little "tightening/pulls" when I was pregnant with my dd (which I believe is quite normal?) so fingers crossed that's what you're feeling!!!

I'm not sure what part of my TTC#2 journey you joined us in but I got my positive on my 4th and last FSH cycle and 3rd IUI but had a M/C at 7 weeks. So when I was waiting for my AF to arrive after that so I could start IVF, I found out I was UTD again from a miraculous natural ovulation 2 weeks post M/C.....but had a second M/C followed by a D&C at 11weeks. So after a "doctors orders" rest (no DTD) cycle, we decided to try this one last cycle on our own but my body seems to be back to its PCOS non-ovulation-thing So that's why I've been held up with starting IVF....because I keep getting pregnant! They just won't stick though You're SO right about the waiting thing....it's all we ever seem to do during this TTC journey huh?! Hopefully this is your last wait until your 9 month one xx