Closed Thread
Page 30 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So Sorry Heyside!!! It's heart breaking! I hope your FS is proactive around adjusting your treatment to help things move along and get you to ovlulate again!

I'm anxiously waiting for 9.30 when I will have my DH do my first gonal-f injection. Cant believe how nervous I am! I'm going to use ice, and eventually would like to do them myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, this is the best thread in the whole forum for anyone currently doing fertility treatment that involves injections yes? So best place for IUI and IVF?

there just doesnt seem many people here considering how many people in Aust are going through treatment right now!

Whereabouts is everyone located?

I'm in Canberra.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside - could it be implantation bleeding?

Furbabymum - good luck with your first round of injections! I found pinching the area also helped when injecting. There are also some IVF specific threads you can join too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside: my friend who is currently 7.5 weeks and suffering from horrendous morning sickness had spotting for 2 days after her BFP. Don't count yourself out yet...

furbabymum: you're right, it doesn't seem like this is how things should be done when so many others get pregnant naturally. Just think though, you'll treasure your bub that much more when you get it. Btw, do your injections into some fat if you can, it hurts less that way.

AFM: I'd like to say thanks for your support ladies. I don't know what I'd do without your shoulders to cry on when times are tough. DH is back on his weight loss program and I'm still looking for a tcm prac. So hopefully things will improve soon. Waiting for things to get better is excruciating but I'm trying to keep occupied so I don't dwell on it. Anyway, off to bed. Goodnight all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Twinkley - Sorry to hear your af turned up too, like you say though lets think positive its great news we are ovulating, especially for you without injections or medication - good luck hun just a matter of when now .

furbabymum - Sorry to hear you are having a hard time at the moment hun, it can be funny sometimes how we think we are coping ok with all this **** and it just seems come over us again like a wave and we have to face the reality of what we are coping with again . Hope you feel better about things at the moment. Hope the injections are going ok for you, hope to be joining you again soon.

KarmaJane - Sounds like you are looking at all your options hun and trying to stay calm and occupied which seems like the best way to deal with everything, really hoping for some good news for you soon x

AFM - Thanks for all your positive thoughts girls but it just wasn't to be af turned up in full flow this morning . Have tried to contact FS to start next cycle but no luck so far will try again tomorrow, going to ask for blood test again at the beginning of my cycle to check FSH levels again and then happy to try again with just injections. Really thinking of this positively as just ovulating is a step in the right direction for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Shoot, that really sucks Heyside I'm really really sorry you didn't catch that elusive egg this time but you're right in saying that it is a big step forward in knowing that you're actually really O'ing. Big squishy hugs xoxoxo

Good luck Furbaby. I find this thread changes from fast-paced to slow moving and back and forth depending on where everyone is at in their cycles if you hang about long enough. It's great when you fluke a cycle at the same time as someone else so you can encourage and support each other throughout the whole cycle. Cycle buddies are the best!

Great to hear from you Twinkley and congrats on getting your cycles kick-started....hope to hear the best news from you very very soon xx

Karmajane, good on your DH and good luck with finding the best TCM Practitioner....I really believe the ones who really know what they're doing do really help.

ELM, Mrs Hopeful, Rj.... How are all of you ladies and your growing bubbas?? Any other graduates still checking in? Still think of all you graduate ladies and hope you're doing really well xoxoxoxo

Mrs Pump.....time for an update lovely lady! How are you going?? Getting past MS stage I hope? xx
    Last edited by Ladydee; 01-05-2014 at 10:24.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi ladies.

Heside- Sorry to hear AF arrived but good news that you O'd this cycle!! Another step in the right direction, now you know the dose is right for you.

Karmajane- sorry to hear you've had a rough time hun, being around friends with stories of accidental and quick natural pregnancies is so hard for anyone going through this and if it means giving yourself a little breathing space so that you can keep your emotional health on track DO IT, don't feel guilty!

Ladydee- how are you going? Are you waiting on another natural cycle before starting again?

Twinkley- good to hear you are getting results with the naturopath with some O'ing action!!

Furbaby- There is an IVF forum too -usually look for the month you are cycling in, but this is the best thread for IUI or TI with injectables, and the friendliest I stayed here even when I switched to IVF, but also joined an IVF one, but they move very,very fast!!

Teeja- I was on pregnyl for my OI cycles but switched to Ovidrel for IVF. From memory I think I often felt a bit nauseous and bloated with the pregnyl but I was also on low doses during the gonal-f part of my cycles. Because the pregnyl is Bhcg it can mimick PMS/pregnancy symptoms.

AFM- all well on my front, hoping this thread will be having some more happy news again soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside - Thanks yep af ugghhh sorry to hear yours turned up too but like you said its great we are ovulating now just need for it to happen at the right time for me. CD20 is too late im CD14 today and no ovulation yet so looks like I will be out again this month. Good luck for this month.

Ladydee - Thanks its great that the cycles have finally started but only problem is ovulating on CD20 which is too late hoping that will move forward but today is CD14 and no sign of ovulation yet.

RJ85 - Thanks I agree great to have some o'ing action now I just need it to be at the right time.

AFM - Happy like I said to finally be ovulating but CD20 seems to be my thing at cD14 now and no O'ing action so think I will need the injectables to get me over the line. I go back to nauthropath on 23 May and I have bitten the bullet and found a new FS which I go to on 27 May for first appointment already told the nurse that looking at IVF as have previously done treatmeants so IVF is the next step. The one FS I called first available appointment was 10 February next year so I have opted for my second choice and I'm really happy about taking the next step in this journey but scared at the sametime I don't want to get my hopes up too high just to be disappointed so kinda of taking things slowly and hoping for a postive outcome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for the support

Had my first blood test today after 4 nights of gonalf 50. She said my oestrogen is 300 something so going for ultrasound and blood test in 2 days. I'm curious though - where can I find info on what ranges oestrogen should be in for IUI and IVF cycles etc?

ELM & KarmaJane - I have been nicely suprised,, that even as a needle phobe, he gonalf injections are pretty cool! Last night I watched DH take it out of me (couldnt watch it go in). Maybe tonight I'll watch it go in! Really want to be able to do them myself as he has some casual work on a farm which means he is away some nights. I certainly have plenty of fat to inject it in! I have found the ice pack helps too!

RJ, Ladydee - thanks! Will have a look and see in the other forums but yes, this forum is very supportive So glad for all of you for contributing!

Twinkley - I hope they get your ovulation sorted out soon for you!

Heyside - thanks. It's just surprising that little things keep upsetting me. It was sad at the clinic this morning - everyone looking unhappy and noone making eye contact or smiling with others. Then in comes the most beautiful baby girl in a pram who was quiet and playing and I just wanted to pick her up for cuddles! (and then run away with her! lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by furbabymum View Post
    Thanks everyone for the support

Had my first blood test today after 4 nights of gonalf 50. She said my oestrogen is 300 something so going for ultrasound and blood test in 2 days. I'm curious though - where can I find info on what ranges oestrogen should be in for IUI and IVF cycles etc?
    I think that sounds like a fantastic start @furbabymum ! I'm not sure if it's a "different levels for different clinic" type of thing but when I asked my clinic, they said the an Oestrogen result of 1000 per follicle is ideal but 600 is minimum for ovulation. I'm sorry I've forgotten if you're doing IUI with timed intercourse or just timed intercourse? If you're doing IUI, don't forget to add in follicle growth and Oestrogen rise during your Trigger and IUI days. For eg. You might get a Oest test saying the you're at 600 but then you get your trigger the following day and have your IUI procedure the day after that so.....that's 2 or even 3 days of follicle growth and Oestrogen rise to add in so by the time you actually Ovulate, your Oest could be well over 1000 and follicles are supposed to grow approx 2mm per day for your average gal. Your lining would've continued to grow also.

Digging up some of my past results for you to compare.....and don't forget to add in growth and rise for my trigger/IUI days......

Oest = 826. Lining = 11.5mm. Follicle = 20mm ....Triggered that day, IUI performed next day.

Oest = 1416. Lining = 13mm. Follicle = 21mm ....Triggered that day, IUI performed next day=my daughter!!!

Oest = 1047. Lining = 11mm. Follicle = 16mm ....Triggered that day, IUI performed next day.

Oest = 1600. Lining = 10mm. Follicle = 19mm ....Triggered that day, IUI performed next day.

Oest = 860. Lining = 8mm. Follicle = 15.5mm&11mm ....Triggered 2 days later, IUI performed 3 days later=pregnant/miscarriage

I'd suggest that if you're a "need to know" kind of person like I am.....just ask your clinic next time you're there "what is the minimum and ideal Oestrogen results you guys like before ovulation?" And maybe ask about follicle size and lining growth if you're interested in that also. My clinic likes follicles over 20mm but min over 16. Lining over 8mm to be able to support a pregnancy. Hope this helps! Good luck xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

furbabymum  (04-05-2014)