Closed Thread
Page 29 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @KarmaJane - how are you travelling?

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaJane View Post
    Mrs Hopeful: Good luck with your BT tomorrow! But I think your tests already say what you've been hoping for...see? One was all it took

AFM: Still just waiting. DH had his second sample on Saturday (the first was still crap I guess, our FS doesn't see the need to tell us unless it's good). The last 2 days have been rough. A very close friend told me she's pregnant...on the second month of trying. Life is just so unfair. I'm pretty depressed to be honest. DH and I are pretty involved in roller derby in our area (as is aforementioned friend) which means we hang out with a lot women in their 20s and early 30s. So I see this as being a pattern from this point on. Which is why I think I'm quitting the sport. I can't keep doing it and watching all these girls get pregnant and whinge for 9 months that they wish they could skate while I'm quietly (and sometimes not so quietly) dying inside. I'd rather sit at home. I know shutting myself away isn't the answer but I can't think of anything else to do.

I also feel feel like an awful person because I can't make myself feel happy for my friend. All I keep thinking is she's bigger than me and her hubby isn't small either so how come they get to have a baby and we don't? I know I'm a horrible person but I think I'll probably end up cutting her off...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So my bloods today showed my progesterone was dropping so I've just had my first pregnyl injection. Feeling ok so far just a bit funny in my tummy. Anyome else use pregnyl and have side effects?

TTC #1 since August 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    furbaby - Welcome back hun, sorry af has turned up for you . I don't think the virus should have effect on you getting pregnant although it may change your mood and you may not feel too much like bd lol! Hope you start to feel better soon and its a short lived thing.

Teeja - sorry hun can't help you on the pregnyl side effects, hopefully the funny feeling doesn't turn into too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside: Congrats on ovulating! Fingers crossed for you hun.

Furbabymum: I don't think a virus should hurt as long as you don't get a fever. My friend who has just gotten pregnant did so while sick with a pretty bad cold.

AFM: I've had a pretty crappy couple of weeks. I'm trying to be okay with my friend being pregnant. We've been chatting online and via text message but I haven't seen her since before she told me. Every time I think about it I feel a bit sick to be honest...I'm happy for her but it just feels so unfair. I think I'm close to breaking point.

4 and a half years is a long time to be ttc and I'm really feeling it. We finally got word from our FS this week that DH's last test was still bad, no usable sperm. I've started looking for a traditional chinese medicine practitioner; I want to put DH on some herbs and see if it helps. I also want to try acupuncture for me. I also want to ask our FS if testicular retrieval might be an option.

Aside from that we've been talking about trying to find a donor. Perhaps if we can find someone and freeze some sperm now we'll be able to use it if nothing else turns out (donor sperm has to be quarantined for 4-6 months apparently).

I just feel like we're on our last lot of options...

Hope everyone else is travelling well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KarmaJane For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KarmaJane - Sorry to hear you have had a crappy couple of weeks hun . The herbs and acupuncture sound like a good plan, and definitely worth asking about testicular retrieval (not something I know much about). Keep the faith though hun, I have heard of so many stories of women who thought they were never going to conceive ans eventually somehow it happens for them, it has been a very long journey for you but you are not at the end of the road yet.

AFM - 11dpo and not feeling any symptoms as yet although when I look back the only symptom I had with dd was needing the toilet early morning, I would wake around 3am in the morning. Suppose its a waiting game.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs Karmajane. Hope to hear some positive news from you very soon xx

Heyside, how are you going? Do you think you might POAS?? Eeee... Goodluck for this being THE cycle!! xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cramping has started for me 12dpo so think af might be on her way had not planned to test until 14dpo anyway

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Furbaby - Sorry to hear AF turned up for you.I'm not sure a virus would have much effect not from what i've heard from friends who have fallen when they were not feeling well.

Teeja - I can't offer much advice on pregnyl side effects as I havent taken it myself but hope things calm down for you.

KarmaJane - I hope your feeling better I know how you feel its hard watching everyone around you get pregnant and struggle its been 2 and half years of TTC for my hubby and I and my sister in law is pregnant my brother and her said they werent trying and didnt want it but funny how the story has changed now and they claim they never said that. I've avoid family gatherings up till now but will have to face it for mother day and im dreading it. Ive been taking herbs from a nauthropath and so does hubby they have been really good and have gotten me to ovulate hubby takes his to get healthy swimmers. I'm actually going to try acupuncture this week so i'll let you know how it goes. But i've heard positive things about it working. I can definitely recommend the herbs. I will warn you though they are vile gag worthy but after the first few times you get used to it.

Heyside - Nooooooooooo I have my fingers crossed that the cramping is NOT af remember your not out till the ***** shows her face. I got mine on Good Friday ughhhhh was not happy at all. All in all on the upside you ovulated right? Thats getting somewhere I'm the same I've finally got my body to ovulate so not its just a matter of time.

Ladydee - How are you travelling? Hope all is well with you and your getting back on track.

AFM - Tomorrow is CD12 of my new potions so will be increasing the amounts I take last 2 days have felt CM start to change so all is looking good really hoping to ovulate between CD 14 - 18 this cycle but will see what happens and if no luck booking into new FS for IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KarmaJane - sorry you are struggling. It really is a crazy emotional roller coaster that makes everyone else's good luck stand and out and hit us hard. My friend (who is now 20+ weeks preggers through IVF) said her husband's sperm improved by miles on some vitamins so will find out what they used and let you know.

Twinkley - thanks - also curious how antibiotics may impact. GP said it would be ok.

Well I just went to the clinic this morning to p ick up my hormones. My Mum came with me as husband is away working on a farm today. Im so glad she offered to come with me because when I walked in and there were 3 women there waiting, one with her husband, another with her toddler, it just suddenly hit me like a tonne of bricks - this is how we are trying to get pregnant. We're all going out of our way in peak our traffic to come to the clinic before work multiple times for blood tests etc. It just suddenly felt so clinical and medical and NOT like how we are supposed to become pregnant. Ultimately I dont care how I get pregnant so long as I can, but I guess I thought I had already done my grieving for a natural conception. Instead I fell apart and cried in front of the nurse!

I think this journey is going to be even more emotionally taxing than I thought!

Heyside - HUGS!!! Keep us posted! Thinking of you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will do personals again but I think we are out I have had a small amount of spotting

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app