Closed Thread
Page 27 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mrs Hopeful - How are the celebrations going? Have you given yourself at least 5 minutes to relax and enjoy the moment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning everyone.
    After writing in this blog for the first time a couple of weeks ago, I have been sitting on the side lines while I get my head around everything.
    Firstly, I would like to say that this is a lovely place- you are all so supportive of each other and that is so important seeing as other friends and family often have no idea how we are feeling and what we are going through (not for a lack of trying!). What a lovely bunch you all are.
    AFM- I though my appointment with my FS last week would result in me starting injections- turns out she wants to go ahead all guns blazing and try IUI as well. Hubby was very shocked and we have made a pact to not tell anyone what we are doing, let alone the IUI part.
    I feel people knowing what I am doing puts so much pressure on me- everyone means well but I cannot handle the constant "and how are you going?" questions and worried faces. I think I am a perfectionist- and the thought of failing them as well as myself is just too much.

So nobody knows we are heading down this road- and I find that I have withdrawn myself from my two best friends- one of whom is just recently preggers after one whoopsy! I think I need the appointment with my councillor ASAP because I don't think withdrawing from her is right.

Ahhh- feels good to get that out. Thank you for listening! Have a lovely day everyone.

S

Thanks
    Reviews
    s234 - Welcome back hun, sounds like you have a plan of action ahead of you which is good. IUI doesn't mean that you can't try yourself naturally with lots and lots of bd so you will never actually know if you needed the IUI at all or if you conceived yourselves naturally. It will give you that extra boost though which gives you more chance of catching the egg. You may find once you get your bfp you are so proud of how you have overcome everything that you don't mind sharing what you have been through. All I told people when we conceieved DD is that it is been a hard journey and I needed injections along the way, the whole thing made us stronger as a couple and in some way made DD so much more precious. I understand your feelings about telling people pilling on the pressure, no one knows we are going through all this again either as we prefer to deal with everything as a couple. Maybe the councillor will be a good idea for you hun if you feel you need to talk to someone. Have you started your injections as yet?

AFM - I went for my scan today and seems I have one good follie measuring just over 20 along with a few smaller ones, so seems a dose inbetween 75 and 100 has worked well for me . So if all is well with my bloods today then I can trigger tonight. I am feeling more positive about this cycle as I had a very detailed scan and my fs confirmed the follicle was definately in my ovary this time and not the tubal cyst. On a different note my parents come to stay with us for a month on Wednesday so nice we will be able to get our timed bd done before their arrival and will just be in the tww. My fs is happy to go on with a few more rounds of this if this cycle doesn't work as I have really only had one chance so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, it's been awhile since I checked in as I needed a bit of a break from BH while I got my head around the injections etc..

So I've ended up doing 12 days of 75ui fsh injections and after 3 blood tests was finally told today to come in for an ultrasound tomorrow. Does that seem like a long time to be doing injections??

I've also ended up with quite a large bruise over where my left ovary would be, I'm a little concerned as I've done all my injections on the right side so I've got no idea where this bruise has come from or if its related to my injections!

I will try to catch up on this thread over the next few days

TTC #1 since August 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone sorry I have been MIA, I have been soooooo tired I work / study etc then sleep, no energy left for anything else not that I'm complaining, It's just hard to adjust. Repeat BT thurs to check hCG levels. FX.

Hope you're all doing well sorry for no personals I will try and post again soon (Heyside good luck with your bd hope it does the trick!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back @S234 . We didn't tell hardly anyone when we were TTC#1 but I find I'm being a little more open this time around. I don't bring it up but if people ask why we haven't had another, I'm just being honest and saying that "it's not from lack of trying". Anyone I have told is being good and not asking to many questions as I think they all just assume it will happen soon as we've had a baby before. I understand you not wanting people putting pressure on you and asking "so are you pregnant yet? So are you pregnant yet? So are you pregnant yet??!" it'd be enough to drive anyone crazy. We went to great lengths like cleaning- out and re-filling my hubby's beer bottles with Apple juice mixed with lemonade for me to drink at BBQ's and everything so we wouldn't get hounded all the time as I was definitely a social drinker before TTC and it was very obvious if I denied a drink offer. Good luck!

Welcome back @Teeja . No advice about your bruise sorry...what did your FS/clinic say about it today? How did your scan go today? Hope they found a lovely follicle ready to ovulate soon! Your cycle may be going a little slower than what you'd like just because first cycles are always taken nice and slow to see how your body copes with a certain dosage of FSH....as frustrating as that is Good luck

Your cycle is sounding very promising @Heyside !! Wishing you the very best of luck with catching that eggie and hope you really enjoy a great catch up with your folks visiting....fantastic TWW distraction!!

@Mrs Hopeful, that tiredness really is something isn't it?! You hear people talk about it but don't really understand just how extreme it is until you find yourself finally UTD and dragging your feet. It gets better I promise Hope you're feeling well otherwise xxxx

AFM- no sign of AF still....5 weeks post D&C. I bet it will come with a vengeance while I'm camping over Easter :-/ ah well, I'll still be happy....in a annoyed kinda way. I have been feeling a little irritable today so we'll see.
    Last edited by Ladydee; 15-04-2014 at 21:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teeja - Hope the ultrasound went well hun, I have had a cycle when I first started when I injected for about 22 days, this was due to them not knowing how I would react and they wanted to get the dose just right so don't worry. Can't help you too much with the bruise could it just be a coincidence?

Mrs Hopeful - Take the time to rest hun I remember that feeling, I was floored with DD over the first month everything took it out of me. Good luck with tomorrows BT.

Ladydee - Hope af turns up soon hun so you can get going, hopefully she is kind on you too.

AFM - Should be ovulating this morning, feeling nothing as yet, started to doubt everything again after the past two months of not ovulating. Need to start to feel positive I think and put faith in what the fs has seen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scan went really well, had a good sized folicle and I got to do my trigger last night. My nurse didn't seem to concerned with the bruise but said to keep an eye on it and if it got bigger or started to hurt then let her know. She said I did the right thing with letting her know though

TTC #1 since August 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    BT results today 5599 @ 5+1, feeling a bit relieved, but now an anxious wait til the scan in 2 weeks time.
    Hope you're all doing well sorry for being slack with no personals Uni is completely insane at the moment and I am flat out trying to keep up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladydee and Heyside for your encouraging messages! I have managed it get my head around some of my feelings and have spoken to my closest friends about feeling like I have too much pressure on me- they are super understanding. Thanks for your thoughts and advice.
    I have told everyone that we are having a break from it all- it's just easier that way and it means i don't cop those sympathy looks all the time.
    My FS wants me to start the pill again to make sure I have a my 'period', and then will be starting the injections after three weeks on the pill. Seems so ironic to be going back on the pill- as I think that that's what got me in this predicament in the first place!!! But I trust my FS, she is very proactive. I am not nervous about starting the injections- I am a nurse so perhaps this is my karma for jabbing people so much other the years!!
    I hope you all have a lovely break over Easter and have some lovely 'you' time (and maybe a couple of Easter eggs).
    X