Closed Thread
Page 15 of 93 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    pjk - Oh gosh your first baby was born close to Christmas, do you find her birthday an issue then being so close? When we have to try so hard to get a baby though I guess any time of year is a blessing to give birth so we like you will also not be putting it off this month, whatever will be will be. Enjoy the trip to Fiji hopefully you will be flying after getting your bfp.

Karmajane - Oh sounds like you have a few issues there regards ttc and your family, its so hard isn't it, no one at all realises how difficult this whole thing can be and how it effects us. It would be awful if it came in between you and your whole family though hun, big hugs sounds like you are going through a lot at the moment .

AFM - I am completely at a loss with my clinic at the moment, they have replied to my e-mail and acknowledged the fact I should not have payed my fs when I went to see him as I was 'in-cycle' with the clinic. Put apparently as I have had a refund form medicare its just too messy now - wtf??? Also they have said as my fs is doing my scans for this cycle then I will be treated completely by him and won't be under there care so she will consult him next week on his return from a holiday. So I am now left with no where to go and completely confused with af due on Wednesday. DH is fuming and we will be writing a not so polite e-mail return tomorrow and if it is not sorted we will have to go in and see them to see where they stand . On a brighter note DH has some time of work this week so we are 'trying' to relax and enjoy some family time which has been nice, enjoyed watching DD running around a play centre this afternoon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Just a quick check in before I head off to bed. Will catch up with all of you on another post looks like there is heaps going on.

This thread is getting busy bring on some more BFP

Need some advice let me know what you think coz im a little confused:

So i have been ovulating on CD20 for the last few cycles. Still even on my nathuropath stuff. Last saw the Nathuropath on 13th Feburary and he increased some of my potions well. I've not really been paying much attention till this weekend when i started to get some egg white cervical mucus (*sorry TMI) anyway decided to do and OPK and got a slightly positive and that was CD10 on sunday then today was negative on CD11 im like.....What is going on? I have never O'd this early and not sure if i have fully O'd or was it lining up to did i get a dodgy OPK so confused.

Thoughts anyone who has taken the potions or had similar happen?

I've attached a pic let me know what you think im baffled I didn't think the natural potions effect a OPK but could be wrong.Attachment 50786

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi twinkley, have opk worked for you in the past, I know that they don't work for me as my body is constantly trying to ovulate and my LH levels are quite high all month through. It is possible that you could have ovulated earlier though especially as your potions have been increased, your cycle might be shortening to fit in with more of a standard length cycle which would be good for you. I really am not sure how long you would normally get a positive for though, would it be longer than 1 day? (sorry not much help am I).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, just had a quick read & will post properly tomorrow.
    Heyside - jeez I hope you get some resolutions re your clinic/FS charges. What a nightmare! xx

KarmaJane - I am with The Fertility Centre at springwood in brisbane which I think is pretty much the same as your clinic, similar protocols / costs etc. there is no way I could afford to do numerous cycles at a full service clinic.

Anyway, started the pill yesterday, start jabbing in 2 weeks. Should be up for EPU the last week of March.
    FS increased my Puregon from 100 to 150! To try and get more eggs for pick up. So I'm a bit nervous hope I don't go from one extreme to the other and have to cancel.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Hopeful For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twinkley, maybe your cycle has shortened with the naturopath potions, but I've never had any luck with OPK's I never ovulated on my own. What is the normal pattern with positives? Do they get lighter and lighter or is usually a one say off thing?

Heyside- how frustrating hun! Can you ask if they'll at least give you a credit for the additional fees you spent, I had my clinic do that for a double charge which they had also lodged through medicare.

Karma- Hun it sounds very difficult for you at the moment, we are all here if you need to talk.

Mrs Hopeful- hopefully the bigger dose does the trick they'll keep a close eye on you though, I was also on 150 but of pregnyl (I was started on 25 when I did OI and only ever got to a maximum 37.5!!)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rj85 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Hopeful - Hope your time on the pill goes quickly hun, so if you are jabbing in 2 weeks does that mean that you are put on a shorter time on the pill? Hope the increase in puregon works for you and you get lots of eggs for EPU .

rj85 - We are going to try and get the money back through my clinic who should give $50 back to women who have to go for scans elsewhere. However our main concern at the moment is working out who is caring for us through this cycle and then we are going to write a long e-mail to the woman who runs the clinic detailing all our issues.

AFM - Ok quick update, my af arrived this morning so I went for my blood test as planned not knowing who is caring for me this cycle. I rang the clinic later outlining my worries and the fact my fs is away and my clinic have decided to pass my care onto him. It was decided that they would set me off on this cycle and then phone my FS on Monday to decide what is going on, I have been booked in for a scan with my FS for next Thursday as I will start my injections tomorrow. We have also been encouraged to write an e-mail to the women who runs our clinic to outline our concerns with treatment and money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside
    I hope they sort out your missing FS! It is frustrating when they know they are going on holidays but fail to inform you of it! I have been in a similar situation.

AFM: I am currently day 4, started my puregon last night at 100u. I just wanted to know how many of you have bloods done while doing OI? My FS has never done bloods on me, and I see you guys are always talking about your hormone levels. Just not sure if I should be getting them checked.
    I have got my first scan on monday(day 10).

Thanks
    Reviews
    pjk: I think it depends on clinics. At my old clinic we hardly ever did bloods, even though we were doing full ICSI cycles! They mostly relied on ultrasound. My current clinic is the total opposite and hardly ever does ultrasound. Just depends on what's easier for them I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside: Hopefully they sort things for you soon. I know how frustrating it can be to have to do phone tag with the FS and clinic. Messages rarely get through so just keep hassling them if you have to; this is super important to you but you're just another patient to them.

rj85: I've has issues with my family about all this since we started ttc 4 years ago! They don't understand because they've never had to live through it so even from the start they (my sister in particular) placed really unfair expectations on me. Sometimes just easier to avoid them unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KarmaJane - it's amazing how many people are completely oblivious to the whole ttc thing. Most people think that when you want to get pregnant, it just happens. only those who have been through the pain & stress of AC & long term ttc that can truly understand. That's why I love these threads to be able to talk to women who completely understand what it's like. Hugs hun xx

Heyside - yep 2 weeks on the pill then I'll stop and I should get a period and that will be my cd1. EPU is scheduled for Fri 28/3.